3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I bought the Sephora Facial Brush because I wanted to buy the Clarisonic but I wanted to test out a facial brush to see if my skin really needed it. I got it from the Sephora in Boston in the Prudential Center. The brushes aren't really packaged they come with a plastic cap that goes over the brush. The brush feels pretty durable, the bristles are not too hard or too soft. The brush is about $3 which is great since the Clarisonic is hundreds of dollars. I used the brush with a Cetaphil cleanser day and night everyday (which is probably too much). It made my skin feel very soft and cleansed. It also gave me a really nice glow! However after using the brush for a few weeks I started to get some irritation on my cheeks probably because I was overusing the brush. All in all for $3 it does a great job of exfoliating, cleansing and making your skin glow. After using it, it makes me think I should purchase a facial brush that is battery operated just to see the difference, if there is any.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

I needed something that would exfoliate my flakey oily skin without irritation. I've been using St. Ive Apricot scrub, but it was too harsh. Then I switched to Neutrogena scrub (the natural one) and it was too fine. This is perfect! I use it in the morning before applying makeup and it goes on smoothly. I use it at night to get the makeup off and OMG I'm surprised there was still a lot of makeup on my skin even though I used wipes and everything!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

7 years ago

Best money spent in a long long time! I have always had trouble with ashiness around the mouth in the colder months. I have tried many products from exfoliating scrubs to power cleansers (clarisonic-esque products, although i have not been able to justify spending $200 on a facial cleansing tool) and no other has been this effective! It brushed away all the dead skin without being abrasive (I also have cystic acne which leaves me with lots of dry patches as well). The bristles are soft yet firm enough to to the job. Although it is not abrasive, I would not use this everyday for the same reason you wouldn't exfoliate everyday. Also, if you are like me and have acne troubles, I would thoroughly wash the brush before/after every use. Overall, I think this was money very well spent. I got this on sale for $3 but I would gladly pay full price ($5) on the next one, if this is not being discontinued.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

I will preface this by saying that I've only used this brush once, but I had to write a review right now because I am so impressed and surprised by how well this little brush works! For $5 I wasn't expecting too much, but the brush is a nice little tool that's handy to keep in the shower. The bristles are soft, and unlike other reviewers, I didn't find them too abrasive or harsh. The fact that this brush is just a simple handheld thing allows for great user control (so you can press harder or softer if you need to). I will say that I agree that it's a little awkward around the nose area, but I feel like this is excusable. I've never used anything like this before, and I'm so glad I made the $5 investment. All of the flaky skin on my nose, which has been stubbornly there for as long as I can remember, is gone! After just one use! I also used a cleanser that usually leaves my skin very dry. However, with this my skin did not feel tight or dry at all! I even thought to myself that I could go without a moisturizer tonight if I wanted! I understand that this might not be a typical result, but I would encourage everyone to take the plunge and just try one since you hardly have anything to lose. I'll continue to update this after more uses.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

8 years ago

I use this brush in the shower with some feminine wash on my bikini area to exfoliate and prevent ingrowns. Works very, very well.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

I bought this a week ago and have been using it every night to ensure that my makeup is removed and to exfoliate. I feel like it opens up my pores and that my night moisturizer works a lot better. It got rid of the bit of flaky skin around my nose (either due to the brush or the fact that my moisturizer absorbs more). My skin also looks brighter overall. I had been considering the Clarisonic after it was used on me while getting a facial but for $5, I'm very happy with this product.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This brush is very soft on the skin. i reccomend putting under warm water first, just to soften it up. I use this brush sometimes, i wouldnt use it everyday because it would be to harsh on your skin. I use this when im in the shower, or when i am starting to get a lot of acne. This exfoliates well and gets rid of dry skin flakes and leaves my skin feeling really soft! When i am washing my face, my hair usually gets caught and gets in my face. Other than that, this is an okay brush! xx

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

8 years ago

Bought this as an alternative to the Clarisonic. Does its job well! I use it at nighttime to exfoliate. Overall, very happy.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I really like this, and for 5 bucks you can't go wrong. The bristles are flimsy and soft, but it's durable and gets the job done. It cleans deep, too. I'd recommend it to anybody.

About reviewer (213 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

The people commenting that this was too abrasive for their skin must either have extremely sensitive skin or were pressing extremely hard. I have moderately sensitive skin and this didn't feel abrasive in the slightest, in fact I felt like it might have been almost too soft, so I'm going to try pressing a little harder next time. It works well for what it's supposed to do. I wasn't expecting anything near a Clairsonic or something amazing, but it helps my cleanser go further and go a little deeper into my pores than just using my fingers. Like others said, I wish the bristles were a bit shorter so I could have better control, and I actually found it hard to get in the creases on the sides of my nose and such. But overall, for 5 bucks, it's a good investment for people who don't need something very powerful like Clairsonic or need to save up for it.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool