Paula's Choice Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me 7th edition

Not tested on animals

on 5/16/2009 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is OK as an intro to beauty items but the key is to take everything PB says with a grain of salt. I like to use this as a quick filter for certain types of products where I know her views and mine agree. For example, finding out which AHA/BHA products have the right ph level and sunscreen info.

She's quite biased in her opinions and doesn't give manufacturers a fair chance of defending themselves as in her opinion, she cannot be argued with since she's always right. I don't think she manages to convince that what she says is fact merely because she's able to quote a scientific paper. Her opinions are quite subjective so you'll find that a lot of HG products don't agree with her. Each person is different and if I had to rely on anyone's opinion, I'd prefer to come to MUA.

She loses all impartiality and credibility in giving every single one of her products a Paula's Pick rating, which is the highest rating you can get. In her favour, she does well to educate on BHAs, AHAs and sunscreens. I have the 6th and 7th editions and won't be repurchasing if another edition comes out. The 7th edition has less information than the 6th and the opinions in it are more self-righteous.