Paula's Choice Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me 7th edition

Filtered by age: 30-35
Paula's Choice Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me 7th edition

4.7

Not tested on animals

This is like Consumer Reports for makeup. It will save you a ton of money and you can get the best products in every category. She is not pushing her own brand; I don't think people who say that really read the book. I now go to her website frequently and have not been disappointed yet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very disappointed. So many products and lines are missing compared to 6th edition. WHY? Is that a hint that we should subscribe to Beautypedia if we want to find more reviews? Hmmm, nice move. Not. I am not ready to shell out $25 every year. Though there was actually a 50% discount coupon enclosed with the new book for the first year's subscription.
I gave the old 6th edition to my friend, which I really shouldn't have done because now I have to bother her all the time with my questions about products that I can not find in the new book.
I do admire Paula and her work. Her books became a real eyeopener for me a few years ago when I didn't know much about skincare and had no idea why toners with alcohol didn't impove my acne-prone skin, why acne fighting products actually caused more acne, why exfoliation was important and why products that claimed to be non-comedogenic clogged pores like there was no tomorrow.
I didn't see a problem that she had her own line and was still reviewing other products. But why did she have to give her own products Paula's pick this time? Like many other reviewers I was unpleasantly surprised to see that in her new book.
Yet I still reach out for her book on a nearly daily basis and can not live without it. *singing* I am not an addict :-) Just a make-up junkie :-)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is an indispensable source of product information. I'm so glad to have this latest edition as the previous one became outdated with the plethora of new products/formulations since its release.

Paula has clearly done exhaustive research to back up her conclusions on the ingredients found in cosmetics products. I don't always agree with her on what works and what doesn't work (e.g., hydrogen peroxide is a miracle cure for my occasional blemishes but Paula says never to use it).

But still the reviews are extremely helpful because they provide me with facts and fairly unbiased background info on products before I purchase them. I'm also very appreciative to Paula for including a list of companies that test on animals. (I plan on avoiding them!)