1.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

The coverage was awful, and it took WAAAY too much to achieve the coverage I wanted. At the high price it's not worth it at all! I was so excited to try it, and it was a deep disappointment. It felt cakey, and didn't blend anything like bare escentuals.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

10 years ago

I am currently on the 30 day trial and I was so excited to try it but I must say, NOT impressed at all. Not that it is a horrible product, but there is nothing special about it. Honestly, I feel like BE has better techniques and products so I'm probably just gonna go back to it.

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

10 years ago

i was so excited to try this but it turns out it wasn't for me. the package was nice! but the foundation is crap for dark skin-tones i don't recommend this product to anybody i know it came on all gray on my face just the worst the warmth is nice though and the veil is WAY too light im not tryna change my skin color .. but yeah thats my opinion raw mineral doesn't give no coverage but does make your skin feel smooth i have to say, thats the only positive thing.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

2.0

10 years ago

Before I trash the product, I will say that their customer service is very good. My first package contained two Number 1 foundations, rather than a 1 and a 3, and they had the Number 3 to me within a week and restarted the 30 day clock. Sadly, the makeup is not worth me switching away from Bare Escentuals. I have to mix the two shades in the kit (a pain), and the jars are too small for my kabuki brush. The brush that came with the kit was too small and hard. The morning after my first application, my face was covered with small red blotches. I thought it might have been a fluke, but I get red blotches whenever I use the product. It was more expensive than Bare Escentuals and just did not work for me.

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

10 years ago

This is the most remarkable mineral product I have ever put on my face. After I ordered this, I called the next day to cancel thinking it might be too dry- and too expensive! The lady on the phone was triple nice and we worked things out. I was very nice to her, too. My order came today, and I have never seen anything like it - my face looks wonderful. The packaging and everything was done with such care. I love this!!!

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

10 years ago

HELP! I bought this, about 30 minutes ago, and THEN I read the reviews... I know, silly me. Automatic shipment? How do I send it back without getting charged?! I don't care about the $5 that I paid for shipment as much as I do the $90 that I will get charged! What do I do?

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

from

11 years ago

I am so upset over this whole thing. If you can get the free trial, the foundation isn't bad. The brushes are okay, especially if you don't have any or very many. My main problem is the customer service. I was charged the $90 even though I sent my return back weeks ago. Their response? We have no record of your return. And that's it. This stuff is not worth the price at all and I have 3 mediocre-quality brushes and the foundation (I put in a little jar) for $90. I won't ever buy from this company again.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

from

11 years ago

I, too, tried the trial offer last year and ended up returning the products and my credit card was not charged the $90.00. The brushes are okay - the retractable brush, as another reviewer commented, is very scratchy and I ended up it. The other 2 brushes were acceptable and not extraordinary. I, too, felt that their advertising was misleading as far as commitment to future shipments and their cost. I also didn't like the foundation powder because I found it extremely drying for my sensitive combination skin, most probably because of the inclusion of bismuth oxychloride. All in all, the products are not great and I would never repurchase.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

All the negative comments on here are complaining about the "Free Trial" which is advertised on Yahoo. Yes, I do agree it is a bit of a scam but I have to admit it is great makeup. I ordered the free trial last year and decided to ship it back because I didnt want to pay the $90. But I got to keep the brushes! I poured the foundation into a small container because they require you to ship back the jars.I did not end up getting charged on my credit card. Negatives: Price ($90 USD) I usually just swap for the foundation on here or buy it off ebay for a lot cheaper. Retractable brush is kind of still and doesnt blend well Getting "scammed" into the deal Positives: I have trouble finding a foundation that doesnt look cakey on my skin. I do not have any wrinkles yet. I know some complained that the foundation sinks into fine lines but I dont seem to have that problem This foundation makes my skin look flawless! Better than Bare essentials. The brushes that they include are the best brushes I have ever used! They are very soft and blend the makeup perfectly!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

11 years ago

Edit: Tried this just a handful of times. The color was all wrong on me, definitely give me a plastic sheen by midday. Broke out into tiny little bumps all over. Although to be fair, I did change to new hair products so it could have been a reaction to the hair stuff. Still, I will not repurchase. -------------------------------------------- It was okay, not horrible, but nothing to write home about. I was going to wait a couple of weeks before writing up a review, that is until, I noticed the name of the only positive reviewer for this product is Christina Marcaccini...founder and creator of the product. What an incredible coincidence... I will just say that there is no noticeable smell. Coverage requires a lot more powder than the Merle Norman Luxiva but it is not as glittery as the Luxiva. I am an NC30, olive undertone asian skin, and was matched with the Medium 1. Colour is not a great match, a bit rosy. I will admit that the marketing scam encountered by others is very off-putting, and predisposes my expectations towards this product in a very negative way. I don't even want to wait a couple of weeks to return this now.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

Age36-43