Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

3.8

Sorry to bring down the rating for this but I think it is an over-hyped product. I was excited to try this out, expecting a sexy dark smokey eye with a subtle hint of gold...sounded perfect! However, when I put this on it made my green eyes look amazingly dull and look like I had a black eye. The gold sheen looked really odd, the shadow just looked like an off grey colour with a funky yellow colour running through it, it looked like I had some bad eye fungal infection! Considering the price aswell, I was expecting a lot more. I do however love the green version (moonbeam) and would recommend this one instead of shooting star. Gave it 2 lippys for the texture *very soft* and concept *swirly eyeshadow...what's not to love about that idea?* Unfortunately the colour did just not appeal to me at all.

on 6/18/2008 3:48:00 PM

Shooting star comes in a little silver rounded container with a magnifying clear cap on top. They are Italian baked multi-dimensional iridescent eyeshadows. The cake of makeup inside is an interesting swirl of colour. Shooting star is made up of black semi-matte, gold microshimmer, and white swirls.

I think it is an excellent colour to wear if you love smokey eyes. Basically, this shadow adds a sexy twist to a normal black smokey eye by giving it more dimension. I have found that it works best over too faced shadow insurance eyeshadow base.

When applied, you have control over how it looks. You can concentrate on the black swirls, or you can concentrate on the white swirls or you can just swish your applicator all around to get a mix of them.

For 3 g of product, you will pay 12. It is a lot of money to invest, but this container will last a long time, a couple of years for me, I'm guessing.

The way that shooting star goes on the skin is to have a charcoal gray base- almost black- and the gold shimmers rise to the top giving it a mutli-dimensional look. It truely looks lovely...not as harsh as an all black shadow, & in certain lights you can see the mixture of the charcoal & gold...stunning.

You can also apply these with a damp brush- but concentrate on one area of the cake so as to keep the rest of it powdery. Damp brushes tend to compact powder shadows over time.

I'd definately repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I would buy again but probably won't ever have to just because I don't plan on using these too often. If you've ever tried the Nars Night Series eyeshadows, these are EXACTLY the same as far as color goes. Shooting Star is an exact dupe for Night Clubbing. I love the texture of the galaxy glam eyeshadows better... super soft. This is great for a smokey eye or deepining the crease on a gold eyeshadow look.

on 2/3/2008 3:25:00 PM

This is by far the most gorgeous black/gold shadow I have ever had! I was scared to try it at first because I often look like I have a black eye when I put black e/s on. Although this shadow is black, it also has a lot of gold in it, and some silver as well! I put this on for going out to the club last night and it turned out beautiful! It gave me a goldish-black smokey eye that wasn't too dark! It's really neat because it looks like a dark smokey color, but when the light his it just right it turns gold! I bought this color and the purple shade and I am very excited about trying this! The shadow itself looks like a mini galaxy (hence it's name). That is what drew me to it! I would definately buy this again! :-)