Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

4.5

on 11/30/2011 5:57:00 AM

Bought this online on sale, and it is so awesome I'd pay full price! (And I am super cheap, so that's saying a lot!)

I use the black for my outer V, and it works so well for that - a lovely dark colour but still with a bit of a golden shimmer to it.

I have tried using the golden swirls for my inner eye, but pick up too much black for that. However, it's still great for using in the middle of my lid. If you had larger swirls/smaller brush/more patience, you could probably get all the colours you'd need for a smoky eye out of this single eyeshadow.

AND IT'S HUGE! Can't see hitting pan before losing it or breaking it.

Love this eyeshadow!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have all but the blue and green ones, and i love them. i cant get seperate colors really, but when used as a normal e/s you get the most gorgeous duo chrome of the colors in the pot.

These shadows are such a great value to me. If you can find one with a good amount of swirls, you can really get two colors out of it, besides the great look of them mixed. This one has a matte black base, and a good amount of gold shimmer veining. The two together mixed almost looks olive green on my eyes which I love. Mixed with brown/green shadow this really makes a statement. I would like to use them as a liner (I have Magenta Moon as well) but am afraid of getting the dreaded hard spot from water in the middle of the shadow. I'll update if I ever get the nerve. :o) These were on sale on TooFaced.com not too long ago, and I worry are soon on the way out...I hope not. Start buying these babies up guys. :O) I hear a few are good dupes of the NARS Night e/s collex.

on 11/21/2009 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

very pretty glittering charcoal color. i havent used this wet (almost afraid to) but i bet its twice as beautiful! id repurchase because this color is hard to find or dupe

on 4/2/2008 3:37:00 PM

To try this out, I ordered this color and the Moonbeam and the other one that's blue-ish. I wasn't too wowed by the other two so I returned those but had to keep this one. I love this color. The swirls of black, gold and white makes it easy to pick up with a brush single colored or blended. To do my eye corners, I just use more of the black. On the inner eye I use more of the white and gold and blend outwards. You can really see the color change from light to dark. Or if it's all blended, you can see that it's a soft black with a touch of gold. So beautiful. I'd repurchase if they came out with some other color blends. Not too fond of the screw cap but cute container nonetheless.

on 2/2/2008 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gold tone black shadow is the best of the lot of Galaxies. It goes on as a gunmetal kind of black, a metallic gray black because it has not 2 but 3 colors - black, gold, and streaks of silver. The other shades don't have this silver. If you're used to the smoky eye look, frankly all these shadows might be too tame. However if you're always wanting to experiment the smoky look but look awful with jet black shadow, then this might just be your saving grace. Before I decided to have this one I tried on all the other colors. Super Nova (red) is my second choice, it gives pretty ruby highlights and an interesting twist to the goth look. Moon Beam (green) is up next but I couldn't seem to get the color combo right - the green seemed to drown and get overpowered by black. Stay away from Deep Space (blue) which goes on like a big ugly bruise as if someone punched you square in the eyes.

I bought this today, and I've so far experimented a bit with it. Because I already have a lot of blue, green, and purple eyeshadow, I didn't choose one of the other three Galaxy Glam eyeshadows. So, I came in to the store without knowing how how a more golden tone would look.

Although there is a lot of black in the eyeshadow, the pearly and golden tones add a bit of dimension. It's not overbearingly glittery, which is nice for a more sophisticated evening look. I did a smoky eye with it, and when the light hits my eyes in a certain way, the gold looks brilliant.

If you want to do more with the look, maybe you can try a peach or pearly shadow under your brow.

on 1/18/2008 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For reference, cool toned PPP, red hair, brown eyes.
This is a soft textured formulation, reminds me of mineralize e/s. This particular shade is a true, deep black swirled with gold and pearl colors. It's great for a dramatic, smoky evening eye. The black is great alone for lining, and swirled together it is beautifully sparkley, but not in an obvious glittery way. I'm terrible when it comes to black eyeshadow, but I found this surprisingly workable. I did not use a primer or anything with it, and found the staying power to be excellent as well. I believe I would repurchase this.