Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

4.8

Galaxy glam is the perfect naming for this product as you look at the shadow it is a matte black with swirls of light pigmented pink looking like a galaxy. This is a very pretty product but doesnt turn out so special on the eyes. The color on the lids shows more of a matte black and not much of the pink going on here. I use this at the end of my lid and in the crease for a smoked out look. Also, the texture isnt silky like you get in the Too Faced brand of eyeshadows.There is a ton of product in the pot and very little goes a long way as you need very little product on your brush for a big result. Ive had it for 3 years now and barely dented the surface, therefore, I wont be needing another one.

These shadows are such a great value to me. If you can find one with a good amount of swirls, you can really get two colors out of it, besides the great look of them mixed. This one has a matte black base, and a good amount of gold shimmer veining. The two together mixed almost looks olive green on my eyes which I love. Mixed with brown/green shadow this really makes a statement. I would like to use them as a liner (I have Magenta Moon as well) but am afraid of getting the dreaded hard spot from water in the middle of the shadow. I'll update if I ever get the nerve. :o) These were on sale on TooFaced.com not too long ago, and I worry are soon on the way out...I hope not. Start buying these babies up guys. :O) I hear a few are good dupes of the NARS Night e/s collex.

on 4/2/2008 3:37:00 PM

To try this out, I ordered this color and the Moonbeam and the other one that's blue-ish. I wasn't too wowed by the other two so I returned those but had to keep this one. I love this color. The swirls of black, gold and white makes it easy to pick up with a brush single colored or blended. To do my eye corners, I just use more of the black. On the inner eye I use more of the white and gold and blend outwards. You can really see the color change from light to dark. Or if it's all blended, you can see that it's a soft black with a touch of gold. So beautiful. I'd repurchase if they came out with some other color blends. Not too fond of the screw cap but cute container nonetheless.

on 2/10/2008 7:32:00 PM

Wow, this collection of shadows from Too Faced- the Galaxy Glam shadows - is one of the nicest I have seen in a long while. It is the first time in a long while that I have seen anything besides MAC pigments with heavy pigmentation that actually stays put on my all day and night without fading or disappearing.

Shooting Star is the most unique of the shadows. It is a charcoal black base with black shimmer and swirls of translucent base with gold shimmer in it. When you run the applicator/brush over it, the mix is divine.

The quality is lovely- very soft, heavily pigmented, and lush. I use the Shadow Insurance under it and it lasts all day. Looks fantastic with Metallic Pearl from LORAC and with MAC Gold metal pro pigment for a fabulous evening look. Shooting STar is the perfect smokey eye with a gold twist- very sophisticated.

The black in this shadow is very very dark, and it is a bit tough to get off, but that is good- it stays put very well. I have not used it wet, as the Too Faced Shadow Insurance gives me fabulous coverage as it is.

$19.50 is too high for this shadow, and I find that the pot it is in is a little too difficult to hang on to for application. However, the shadow is so unique and durable that it is still worth the hassle of price and clumsy container.

The other three colors in this line are also lovely, but I could only buy one, and I chose Shooting Star. The other one that I would love to get eventually is Super Nova- a black, warm pink, and purple mix which is absolutely gorgeous.

I think that this shadow is much more worth about $15 or so, but again, no other shadow in any line that is black with gold stays on me at all- and it does not look lush like this does either. Thankfully I was able to get a good sample of it to wear it for a long time to make sure that it is good for me. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I would buy again but probably won't ever have to just because I don't plan on using these too often. If you've ever tried the Nars Night Series eyeshadows, these are EXACTLY the same as far as color goes. Shooting Star is an exact dupe for Night Clubbing. I love the texture of the galaxy glam eyeshadows better... super soft. This is great for a smokey eye or deepining the crease on a gold eyeshadow look.

on 2/2/2008 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gold tone black shadow is the best of the lot of Galaxies. It goes on as a gunmetal kind of black, a metallic gray black because it has not 2 but 3 colors - black, gold, and streaks of silver. The other shades don't have this silver. If you're used to the smoky eye look, frankly all these shadows might be too tame. However if you're always wanting to experiment the smoky look but look awful with jet black shadow, then this might just be your saving grace. Before I decided to have this one I tried on all the other colors. Super Nova (red) is my second choice, it gives pretty ruby highlights and an interesting twist to the goth look. Moon Beam (green) is up next but I couldn't seem to get the color combo right - the green seemed to drown and get overpowered by black. Stay away from Deep Space (blue) which goes on like a big ugly bruise as if someone punched you square in the eyes.

Top Rated Eye Shadow