Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

4.1

on 11/30/2011 5:57:00 AM

Bought this online on sale, and it is so awesome I'd pay full price! (And I am super cheap, so that's saying a lot!)

I use the black for my outer V, and it works so well for that - a lovely dark colour but still with a bit of a golden shimmer to it.

I have tried using the golden swirls for my inner eye, but pick up too much black for that. However, it's still great for using in the middle of my lid. If you had larger swirls/smaller brush/more patience, you could probably get all the colours you'd need for a smoky eye out of this single eyeshadow.

AND IT'S HUGE! Can't see hitting pan before losing it or breaking it.

Love this eyeshadow!

These shadows are such a great value to me. If you can find one with a good amount of swirls, you can really get two colors out of it, besides the great look of them mixed. This one has a matte black base, and a good amount of gold shimmer veining. The two together mixed almost looks olive green on my eyes which I love. Mixed with brown/green shadow this really makes a statement. I would like to use them as a liner (I have Magenta Moon as well) but am afraid of getting the dreaded hard spot from water in the middle of the shadow. I'll update if I ever get the nerve. :o) These were on sale on TooFaced.com not too long ago, and I worry are soon on the way out...I hope not. Start buying these babies up guys. :O) I hear a few are good dupes of the NARS Night e/s collex.

on 11/21/2009 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

very pretty glittering charcoal color. i havent used this wet (almost afraid to) but i bet its twice as beautiful! id repurchase because this color is hard to find or dupe

Sorry to bring down the rating for this but I think it is an over-hyped product. I was excited to try this out, expecting a sexy dark smokey eye with a subtle hint of gold...sounded perfect! However, when I put this on it made my green eyes look amazingly dull and look like I had a black eye. The gold sheen looked really odd, the shadow just looked like an off grey colour with a funky yellow colour running through it, it looked like I had some bad eye fungal infection! Considering the price aswell, I was expecting a lot more. I do however love the green version (moonbeam) and would recommend this one instead of shooting star. Gave it 2 lippys for the texture *very soft* and concept *swirly eyeshadow...what's not to love about that idea?* Unfortunately the colour did just not appeal to me at all.

on 6/18/2008 3:48:00 PM

Shooting star comes in a little silver rounded container with a magnifying clear cap on top. They are Italian baked multi-dimensional iridescent eyeshadows. The cake of makeup inside is an interesting swirl of colour. Shooting star is made up of black semi-matte, gold microshimmer, and white swirls.

I think it is an excellent colour to wear if you love smokey eyes. Basically, this shadow adds a sexy twist to a normal black smokey eye by giving it more dimension. I have found that it works best over too faced shadow insurance eyeshadow base.

When applied, you have control over how it looks. You can concentrate on the black swirls, or you can concentrate on the white swirls or you can just swish your applicator all around to get a mix of them.

For 3 g of product, you will pay 12. It is a lot of money to invest, but this container will last a long time, a couple of years for me, I'm guessing.

The way that shooting star goes on the skin is to have a charcoal gray base- almost black- and the gold shimmers rise to the top giving it a mutli-dimensional look. It truely looks lovely...not as harsh as an all black shadow, & in certain lights you can see the mixture of the charcoal & gold...stunning.

You can also apply these with a damp brush- but concentrate on one area of the cake so as to keep the rest of it powdery. Damp brushes tend to compact powder shadows over time.

I'd definately repurchase.

on 4/2/2008 3:37:00 PM

To try this out, I ordered this color and the Moonbeam and the other one that's blue-ish. I wasn't too wowed by the other two so I returned those but had to keep this one. I love this color. The swirls of black, gold and white makes it easy to pick up with a brush single colored or blended. To do my eye corners, I just use more of the black. On the inner eye I use more of the white and gold and blend outwards. You can really see the color change from light to dark. Or if it's all blended, you can see that it's a soft black with a touch of gold. So beautiful. I'd repurchase if they came out with some other color blends. Not too fond of the screw cap but cute container nonetheless.

I bought this today, and I've so far experimented a bit with it. Because I already have a lot of blue, green, and purple eyeshadow, I didn't choose one of the other three Galaxy Glam eyeshadows. So, I came in to the store without knowing how how a more golden tone would look.

Although there is a lot of black in the eyeshadow, the pearly and golden tones add a bit of dimension. It's not overbearingly glittery, which is nice for a more sophisticated evening look. I did a smoky eye with it, and when the light hits my eyes in a certain way, the gold looks brilliant.

If you want to do more with the look, maybe you can try a peach or pearly shadow under your brow.