Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

Too Faced Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

4.3

on 2/2/2008 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gold tone black shadow is the best of the lot of Galaxies. It goes on as a gunmetal kind of black, a metallic gray black because it has not 2 but 3 colors - black, gold, and streaks of silver. The other shades don't have this silver. If you're used to the smoky eye look, frankly all these shadows might be too tame. However if you're always wanting to experiment the smoky look but look awful with jet black shadow, then this might just be your saving grace. Before I decided to have this one I tried on all the other colors. Super Nova (red) is my second choice, it gives pretty ruby highlights and an interesting twist to the goth look. Moon Beam (green) is up next but I couldn't seem to get the color combo right - the green seemed to drown and get overpowered by black. Stay away from Deep Space (blue) which goes on like a big ugly bruise as if someone punched you square in the eyes.

on 6/18/2008 3:48:00 PM

Shooting star comes in a little silver rounded container with a magnifying clear cap on top. They are Italian baked multi-dimensional iridescent eyeshadows. The cake of makeup inside is an interesting swirl of colour. Shooting star is made up of black semi-matte, gold microshimmer, and white swirls.

I think it is an excellent colour to wear if you love smokey eyes. Basically, this shadow adds a sexy twist to a normal black smokey eye by giving it more dimension. I have found that it works best over too faced shadow insurance eyeshadow base.

When applied, you have control over how it looks. You can concentrate on the black swirls, or you can concentrate on the white swirls or you can just swish your applicator all around to get a mix of them.

For 3 g of product, you will pay 12. It is a lot of money to invest, but this container will last a long time, a couple of years for me, I'm guessing.

The way that shooting star goes on the skin is to have a charcoal gray base- almost black- and the gold shimmers rise to the top giving it a mutli-dimensional look. It truely looks lovely...not as harsh as an all black shadow, & in certain lights you can see the mixture of the charcoal & gold...stunning.

You can also apply these with a damp brush- but concentrate on one area of the cake so as to keep the rest of it powdery. Damp brushes tend to compact powder shadows over time.

I'd definately repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I would buy again but probably won't ever have to just because I don't plan on using these too often. If you've ever tried the Nars Night Series eyeshadows, these are EXACTLY the same as far as color goes. Shooting Star is an exact dupe for Night Clubbing. I love the texture of the galaxy glam eyeshadows better... super soft. This is great for a smokey eye or deepining the crease on a gold eyeshadow look.

on 2/3/2008 3:25:00 PM

This is by far the most gorgeous black/gold shadow I have ever had! I was scared to try it at first because I often look like I have a black eye when I put black e/s on. Although this shadow is black, it also has a lot of gold in it, and some silver as well! I put this on for going out to the club last night and it turned out beautiful! It gave me a goldish-black smokey eye that wasn't too dark! It's really neat because it looks like a dark smokey color, but when the light his it just right it turns gold! I bought this color and the purple shade and I am very excited about trying this! The shadow itself looks like a mini galaxy (hence it's name). That is what drew me to it! I would definately buy this again! :-)

I bought this today, and I've so far experimented a bit with it. Because I already have a lot of blue, green, and purple eyeshadow, I didn't choose one of the other three Galaxy Glam eyeshadows. So, I came in to the store without knowing how how a more golden tone would look.

Although there is a lot of black in the eyeshadow, the pearly and golden tones add a bit of dimension. It's not overbearingly glittery, which is nice for a more sophisticated evening look. I did a smoky eye with it, and when the light hits my eyes in a certain way, the gold looks brilliant.

If you want to do more with the look, maybe you can try a peach or pearly shadow under your brow.

on 1/18/2008 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For reference, cool toned PPP, red hair, brown eyes.
This is a soft textured formulation, reminds me of mineralize e/s. This particular shade is a true, deep black swirled with gold and pearl colors. It's great for a dramatic, smoky evening eye. The black is great alone for lining, and swirled together it is beautifully sparkley, but not in an obvious glittery way. I'm terrible when it comes to black eyeshadow, but I found this surprisingly workable. I did not use a primer or anything with it, and found the staying power to be excellent as well. I believe I would repurchase this.

on 2/10/2008 7:32:00 PM

Wow, this collection of shadows from Too Faced- the Galaxy Glam shadows - is one of the nicest I have seen in a long while. It is the first time in a long while that I have seen anything besides MAC pigments with heavy pigmentation that actually stays put on my all day and night without fading or disappearing.

Shooting Star is the most unique of the shadows. It is a charcoal black base with black shimmer and swirls of translucent base with gold shimmer in it. When you run the applicator/brush over it, the mix is divine.

The quality is lovely- very soft, heavily pigmented, and lush. I use the Shadow Insurance under it and it lasts all day. Looks fantastic with Metallic Pearl from LORAC and with MAC Gold metal pro pigment for a fabulous evening look. Shooting STar is the perfect smokey eye with a gold twist- very sophisticated.

The black in this shadow is very very dark, and it is a bit tough to get off, but that is good- it stays put very well. I have not used it wet, as the Too Faced Shadow Insurance gives me fabulous coverage as it is.

$19.50 is too high for this shadow, and I find that the pot it is in is a little too difficult to hang on to for application. However, the shadow is so unique and durable that it is still worth the hassle of price and clumsy container.

The other three colors in this line are also lovely, but I could only buy one, and I chose Shooting Star. The other one that I would love to get eventually is Super Nova- a black, warm pink, and purple mix which is absolutely gorgeous.

I think that this shadow is much more worth about $15 or so, but again, no other shadow in any line that is black with gold stays on me at all- and it does not look lush like this does either. Thankfully I was able to get a good sample of it to wear it for a long time to make sure that it is good for me. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have all but the blue and green ones, and i love them. i cant get seperate colors really, but when used as a normal e/s you get the most gorgeous duo chrome of the colors in the pot.

on 4/2/2008 3:37:00 PM

To try this out, I ordered this color and the Moonbeam and the other one that's blue-ish. I wasn't too wowed by the other two so I returned those but had to keep this one. I love this color. The swirls of black, gold and white makes it easy to pick up with a brush single colored or blended. To do my eye corners, I just use more of the black. On the inner eye I use more of the white and gold and blend outwards. You can really see the color change from light to dark. Or if it's all blended, you can see that it's a soft black with a touch of gold. So beautiful. I'd repurchase if they came out with some other color blends. Not too fond of the screw cap but cute container nonetheless.

Galaxy glam is the perfect naming for this product as you look at the shadow it is a matte black with swirls of light pigmented pink looking like a galaxy. This is a very pretty product but doesnt turn out so special on the eyes. The color on the lids shows more of a matte black and not much of the pink going on here. I use this at the end of my lid and in the crease for a smoked out look. Also, the texture isnt silky like you get in the Too Faced brand of eyeshadows.There is a ton of product in the pot and very little goes a long way as you need very little product on your brush for a big result. Ive had it for 3 years now and barely dented the surface, therefore, I wont be needing another one.