Clean & Clear Persagel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Clean & Clear Persagel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide

3.8

benzoyl peroxide (5%)

on 6/1/2016 11:42:00 PM

Previously, I had mediocre success with Persa Gel 5. Around four months ago, I was prescribed with Tactupump (adapalene and benzoyl peroxide) and had applied it for two months to significantly reduce the severity of my acne. When I used Persa Gel 5 thereafter, I noticed that my skin quickly responded and improved faster than before. My popped pimples will recover within one or two nights now.

It can be drying, so I only apply it on my trouble areas once every night and follow with an application of my night cream. I've ditched Clean and Clear's salicylic products.

on 4/23/2016 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Okay well I have the Persagel that is 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, but I'm going to continue anyways. This product is AMAZING! This is one of the only products that really helps with my acne. I find that it's good at shrinking your acne as well as your pores, especially since I have oily skin and larger pores. It's also nice in helping shrink a freshly popped zit quickly overnight. A bad thing however, is that this product can be drying if too much is applied. I unfortunately tend to do this, but I feel like I get away with it since my skin isn't sensitive, only oily. Another con of putting too much on is that can stain your pillows, so beware. All in all, I would totally recommend this product to anyone who suffers with acne.

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

Gave me horrible swelling on my face. Never again.

It leaves a white sticky residue on your skin, so I recommend applying at night and washing your face in the morning, and it can dry out skin but it did work alright for me. I find that this works better for popped pimples with reducing redness and irritation than on one that are on the surface or under the skin. I purchased this for 6 bucks at a grocery store after I had used coconut oil on my face that had caused a major breakout and irritation. You get a lot for the price, a little dab will do you. The product can come out fast if you squeeze too much, so be careful or you will have way too much. It does tingle slightly when applied, but it doesn't burn or anything. Has kind of an antiseptic/medicine smell to it.

on 3/22/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't get rid of pimples at all! It just dries out your skin

on 2/7/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

one of the strongest treatments I've tried. i wouldn't over use this cause it dries out my skin. put it on spots or oily areas. this would be great for teenage acne but as I've gotten older my skin is kinda balancing and i don't use such harsh products anymore. (I'm using la roche posay effaclar duo) for the price its amazing and effective.

on 10/15/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG acne treatment. I have really oily skin + buttloads of schoolwork + not a lot of sleep+ I eat bad foods+ I'm cramming for tests and exams+ lots of stress has led me to the worst condition my skin could be. I was upset when I woke up one morning to find my skin was filled with tons of whiteheads. I remember reading in chemistry class that benzoyl peroxide was a bacteria-killing compound, so I decided to do some research. Turns out, it's one of the two main compounds people use to fight acne. I asked my dear mother to go to the store and get me 0.5% benzoyl peroxide. She got me 5% instead. I put this on either way, and my whiteheads disappeared under an hour. It was crazy. I put my hand and tried to feel my forehead. The bumps were dramatically reduced. I was convinced this was a gift given from the deities above. This is such a good product; I'll repurchase it after it's used up.

on 9/13/2014 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

**A MUST-HAVE** I broke out with hormonal acne all of a sudden and I tried everything possible to get rid of the spots. I watched a YouTube video about a young girl who used this religiously and her acne disappeared. So I gave it a try, after cleansing my face I would put this only on areas with acne and wait for it to dry. After that I'd put my moisturizer on, I think it's key to put moisturizer on after using this product. My pimples started drying out and disappearing (this does not happen over night but don't give up on it). This has been the main thing that helped me on my journey to clearer skin.

on 6/27/2014 3:02:00 PM

I've been using this for years now. If there's one thing I always depend on to control my acne, it's this miracle in a tube here. If I have a huge zit on my face, it doesn't do much to get rid of it though, so I use a sulfur for huge problems. This product is more for acne prevention than anything and the formula is not irritating or expensive. The use of it might cause sensitivity to the sun, so don't forget the SPF ladies! The product doesn't have a smell and it's a white cream. If you put too much of it in your face, you run the risk of bleaching your pillows, so try not to put too much on at a time like my sister. My pillows, on the other hand, are unharmed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great product and really works even for moderate-severe skin problems. If you are looking for quick results-get this! Results after one use. And it isn't too irritating on your skin too.