Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange

Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm torn on this product. I am a fan of Pacifica and the ethics behind the company and I appreciate having a perfume that isn't full of nasty toxins or disgusting animal products like most perfumes are. However I have to say I have this and another scent in the rollerball bottle and as much as they smell amazing upon application I can't really smell anything in a couple of hours time. It is great for travelling though and if I'm only going out somewhere for a few hours then I'd use this.

on 12/11/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's smells wonderful but it doesn't last! I feel like it's overpriced.

on 11/3/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I should mention, I'm not sure of the difference between blood and regular orange by fragrance. I will just refer to this as orange for now. I am normally not a huge fan of orange, period. The only reason I bought this was because I read the berries are pretty prominent, and they are! So is the orange, but it's a perfect balance - I think that's what makes the orange seem "candied" as so many have noticed. Some online reviews have said this smells like some type of candy, but to me, this is the juiciest Pacifica fragrance I have tried, so it reminds me of juice rather than candy. Especially when I first put it on, the orange is so natural that there's a bit of bite to it when I breathe it in deeply, like I've just peeled some rind. But as I said, the berries are there just as strongly right from the beginning. It's a sweet citrus, but not to the point of being cloying to me. It's one of those scents that I keep sniffing :-) Update: This is one of those scents I want to be doused in, ha!! It would basically just smell to others like I'm eating an orange, not really a sophisticated scent - but for my own private enjoyment, I'm loving this juicy, yummy smell! The fact that Pacifica fragrances don't have much staying power is too bad, though I hear that's often the case with natural/mostly natural perfumes. I think this one is pretty potent for Pacifica, though!

on 7/16/2016 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

On me, I pretty much get blood orange, that slightly deeper, slightly sweeter orange scent. Unfortunately it doesn't last nearly long enough. It comes in an inexpensive roller bottle that travels well, but I'm not a fan of reapplying perfume four times a work day just to keep it fresh. Still, I gave this to my sister and she keeps it at work to sniff when she needs a lift. It's refreshing and quite nice.

on 7/9/2016 7:23:00 PM

This is a strong scent that lasts, but I find that the strawberry and raspberry overpower the orange. On me, the orange doesn't quite come out at all. The scent lasts a long time, but I was hoping for more of an orange scent. Ulta has the roll on version for $12, or the spray for $22, plus body products in the scent.

on 1/23/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells like sweet orange, candied, to me, not blood orange, which has a bitter undertone. I have a feeling that the raspberry and strawberry notes amplify the sweetness.

Very straightforward, linear dry down, no surprises. I prefer non gourmand, less sweet scents, but If you like sweet, it's a good value and convenient to purchase (available at Whole foods). Another option for a juicy orange is L'Atelier Orange Sanguine (really fresh OJ), but I personally prefer the drier, crisper Hermes l'orange vert. Goutal Eau de Hadrian tends to get candied and artificial on me. If you want a grapefruit variation on citrus, I find Pacifica Mango Grapefruit is more candied mango than grapefruit. I prefer Guerlain Pamplelune for a grapefruit variation that is more challenging and interesting, but some people find it difficult for their skin chemistry (apparently Pamplelune reads as sulfurous on some peoples skin).

I am a fan of Pacifica's rollerball format ; I dislike sprays and hate sillage.

Note: apparently neroli orange was the one to get, not blood orange. Next time! On my skin, pacifica scents tend go on strong and tenacious and finish sweet. However, my skin chemistry amplifies the artificial candied aspect of some citrus.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I will never order from their website again. I received a coupon code for a lip tint for signing up with them. The item was not included with my order. I emailed them and their response was that they could give it to me on my next order. No thanks.
It took them 5 days to process my order, but when they finally did ship it, it arrived in 2 days. If I decide to buy anything from them in the future, it will be from Target.

Now on to the perfume. It smells great. It is very strong at first. Smells like I rubbed the zest of an orange on me. However, the scent mellows down in about 5 minutes and lasts a total of 1 hour.

I would have no problem reapplying a few times a day but the perfume does not come with a cap so it is not travel friendly. I emailed and asked if they could send me one. Nope. Ivy at customer service said "the perfume will be fine without a cap." That may be true, but my handbag disagrees.

I did not know when placing my order that I would also have to purchase the roller ball or the perfume solid if I wanted the scent to last all day. If I could do it over again, I would have just bought the rollerball at Target and saved some time and money.

on 12/16/2014 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Smells nice but isn't long lasting, overpriced in my opinion.

on 5/28/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been purchasing Pacifica products for awhile now b/c I'm an organic/greenie & a young, repeat breast cancer survivor so I'm highly particular about what I eat, use, wear, etc. & Pacifica products are phenomenal! They're 100%Vegan, cruelty free, is formulated without parabens, phthalates & propylene glycol & is vehemently against animal testing. They're made in the USA (Oregon) which is super important & a portion of their proceeds support clean water which is a cause that's crucial to our environment & I highly support.
I own majority of Pacifica's scents which is a surprise because I'm typically highly particular & don't like a lot of scents on the market. I also tend to get bad headaches if I wear certain perfumes which doesn't make a difference whether I purchase expensive scents from department store perfumes/body sprays or drug stores products/scents so I was elated when I purchased Pacifica products because NOT one scent has given me a headache & I've worn MANY of their scents.
I was surprised to see Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange not having a higher rating/lippies since it's such a hugely popular scent & one that's such a stand out of a scent. The Tuscan Blood Orange packaging describes the scent as a "Sparkling Orange, spicy Italian Mandarin and Red Raspberry Notes." On Pacifica's website it also says there's strawberry.
If you're an orange lover, but don't like a fake/phony orange, then this is the scent for you. I've tried EVERY orange scented perfume/spray & have always been disappointed until this scent & I've even tried the ultra expensive L'Occitane L'Orange Ruban, Philosophy, Bath & Body, The Body Shop & a long list of orange scented perfumes that were either too orangey on the phony/cheap side, like Tang, too spicy or too subtly scented.
The orange scent's strong, but elegant b/c it's blood orange scent which has a richer, sweeter & sophisticated scent. The underlying notes of ripe raspberry & luscious strawberry intermingle w/ the blood orange scent perfectly. It's PERFECTION & so yummy! I own the bar of soap, solid perfume, roll on, body butter, shower gel & perfume spray & each one has its place. I love this scent so much that I stock up on it whether I'm at Whole Foods, Target or online! I love there's no harsh or toxic chemicals in their products, just quality ingredients. The bar of soap serves dual purposes in our loo as a decoration & the scent's so intoxicating & beautiful to smell whenever in the bathroom. The solid perfumes great as it lasts a long time. The perfume spray's good, but the scent doesn't last as long so repeat application may be necessary. It's a wonderful scent like majority of Pacifica's fragrances so it can be layered w/ other fragrances w/out overdoing it or being too overwhelming, it layers & pairs perfectly w/ other scents. The body wash is fabulous & when paired w/ the body butter; the scents lasts w/out being overwhelming. I keep the travel size body butter 2.5oz in my handbag, car glove compartment, gym bag, etc. as it's easy to take anywhere & I can't go w/out using it b/c it makes my skin smooth, soft & smelling great but w/out it being sticky, thick or greasy feeling most body butters leave on the skin no matter how much you rub it into your skin.
My favorite product by far from Pacifica is their perfume roll-on sticks! They're so handy & adorable! I also bring it w/ me everywhere & use it whenever I need a little extra scent. The perfume scent seems to last longer in the roll-on stick style. I even use the roll-on stick at bedtime. I roll it on the inside of elbow, my neck & wrists & breathe in the magnificent scent while relaxing & drifting off to sleep. The orange scent is just so rich, fresh, juicy & yummy! It reminds me of ripe blood red oranges w/ complex depths & layers of luscious strawberry & raspberry bringing this scent together perfectly! I can't thank Pacifica for this exquisite scent & hope they NEVER discontinue it b/c the best orange perfume I've ever smelled! It's so delicious & yummy! This scent's what I'd expect the blood oranges, raspberries & strawberries to smell & taste like in Europe; esp. Italy & France. This scent makes me happy when I smell it & wear it! I feel an air of sophistication when wearing it & have received & continue to receive compliments daily when I wear this scent. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this intoxicating, sultry, sexy scent that always puts me in a happy mood!

I am a greenie who goes organic everything as much as possible (hence, the name :) With that said, obsessed with this perfume! It smells like juicy, fragrant, delicious oranges. I crave oranges just wearing it. ;D I have the on the go version, and love I can take it anywhere with me and smell like oranges all day. I plan on purchasing other scents!

Popular Fragrances