E.L.F. Shine Eraser Blotting Sheets

E.L.F. Shine Eraser Blotting Sheets
E.L.F. Shine Eraser Blotting SheetsShine Eraser Blotting Sheetself blotting papersE.L.F. Shine Eraser Oil Blotting Sheets

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Microcrystakkube Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 3/29/2017 7:20:00 PM

Sorry, I found these annoyingly useless. Back to Clean and Clear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I've bought these multiple times, often more than once at a time. After all, it's a buck for a month's supply. How can I protest that? I find these comparable to the Clean and Clear ones in usage and effectiveness as well. The Clean and Clear ones are slightly more comfortable on my cheeks, but it's not like these are scratchy. Not in the slightest. Certainly not to an extent that it's a deal breaker for the ELF, either. I can usually get away with one sheet at a time, but sometimes need two, mainly during summer's peak. Only thing I don't like is that it's very easy to grab more than one at a time by accident, eh, that's typical. Easy to push the excess sheets back.

on 2/27/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm on my second purchase of these - I love them. I gave off one lippie for having to use 2-3 at a time to remove oil from my face, but I find that after I do that first initial 2-3 blots around 11AM - I'm good to go for the rest of the day (with maybe another light application of powder).

Like others have mentioned, these are so cheap - $1 for 30 sheets - they have green tea in them and do not cause me any breakouts. I have used the oil sheets by Target (Up and Up) and also Clean and Clear - and those tend to have mineral oil in them - which I swear has broken me out in the past. These do not have mineral oil in them.

I have found that they sometimes take off a bit of my blush/contour - but I still think they are worth it.

These are called "Shine Eraser" on the ELF site. They have another set out called "Mattifying Blotting Papers" that come in a plastic container with a mirror and have powder on them (talc) - and I'm going to compare the two.

on 2/13/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've repurchased these so many times, and every time I buy another brand of blotting sheets (be it Nyx, Boscia, Clean & Clear, Sephora, Ulta) I always come back to these. You just can't beat if for the price and they work just as well as the others. I do have to use like 2-3 sheets at the time (I'm super oily) but still, they're only a $1. They don't disrupt my makeup, they mattify well. Highly recommend if you're oily, and don't want to spend too much on blotting sheets.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

These are great, do the job but are very thin. You'd need to use 2 at a time for them to work like normal papers but for the cost it's worth it!

I LOVE these blotting papers. These are so much cheaper than most of the other blotting papers you see at drug stores, yet they still work very well. On a hot summer day, I might need to use 2 of these to completely get rid of all the oils on my face, but heck it's still cheaper than using one of the Clean&Clear ones.

on 5/30/2016 6:33:00 PM

these are such a good deal, $1 for 30 sheets. i buy like 5 of these at a time to store everywhere, i have combo skin, sometimes is more oily than others, so ill use about 2-3 sheets each time to blot. u almost cant get a better deal than this. it does as good as a job as the more expensive blot sheets so why pay more, imo.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

BEST. DEAL. EVER! $1 for 30 sheets. You can't beat that with a stick. And the quality is top notch, too.

I have combination skin with an oily t-zone. An individual sheet is perfect at lifting the oil off my forehead and nose with only minimal disturbance to my foundation. So I can put more powder on my face without the cake-y look that comes from putting powder on full-fledge, un-blotted oil.

The papers themselves are very high quality and thin. They remind me of expensive Japanese blotting papers that I was given as a sample years ago. After I ran out of the sample, I didn't buy more because I thought that the product was overpriced. But this E.L.F. paper has the same natural-looking tan color with slightly textured specks. The sheets just don't look or feel cheap.

What a value at $1! I buy several packets at a time and I feel comfortable using 2 or 3 sheets each day during my make-up touch-ups.

One final tip.....The sheets come in a fold-over, light cardboard case. I wanted something sturdier for my busy purse. So I went to the Target section with travel-size toiletries. I found a small plastic case for $1.29 with Q-Tips. I replaced the Q-Tips with my blotting sheets and now they are kept perfectly safe in the plastic case!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

One sheet does a decent job of absorbing oil if your face is not that oily. For my greasy oily mess of a face I need like 3 of these sheets of blotting paper to make my face look somewhat matte. They are not as great as others I've tried from Clean & Clear or Mary Kay, but heck, they are only $1 for 50 sheets so the price is unbeatable. I can buy like 5 of these packages with no remorse.
So PROS: Super affordable, gets the job done.
CONS: The absorbency is not the best (but you can compensate) using more sheets. Also, the packaging in which the papers come breaks really easy.

on 1/9/2016 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have extremely oily skin and this does a good job at making my skin matte, now it doesn’t stay matte and I’m not expecting it to stay matte. It doesn’t remove my foundation it just removes all the oil. Sometimes I have to use two sheets but that’s not a big deal I do have oily skin and they are only $1. I thought that I would go through them quite fast since there are only 50 sheets but it did last quite some time before I had to repurchase. They have become a staple in my everyday makeup bag.