REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 1/30/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The first 3 times I tried the mask I was really angry. I washed my face, left it on for 15 mins and nothing happened. Nothing at all. Then I watched MissBudgetBeauty's masks video, where she says she leaves the product on for hours. So I left it for for +1 hour the last two times I've used this and I finally get it. This is actually a really great mask, and the difference is noticeable immediately and lasts for at least a few days.

The mask comes out as a thick gel, a really thick orange gel and smells like some sort of super sweet synthetic orange/apricot candy or odd marmalade or something. I don't mind the smell, but I don't love it either. Many people complained about the texture being sticky so I use an old damp synthetic foundation brush instead of fingers. It spreads easily with the brush and there's no mess to worry about. The gel sits on the face and you just look shiny, like your face as been glazed lol. DH was thrilled not to have me walking around with opaque grey/green/white goop on my face for once.

The mask doesn't dry on the face, but it didn't drip or slide around either. I didn't notice any sort of tingle when I first put the mask on, in fact it was on my face for about 35 minutes before I began to feel a light tingling. And it is more like ticklish sensation of bubbles forming on the skin than the sort of stinging I often get with clay masks. It was odd but not off putting at all, it just sort of felt 'active', which I like.

I place a warm soaked cloth on the skin for 30 seconds and then the mask wipes away easily. It washes clean leaving no residue. My skin looked immediately brighter and felt extremely smooth and plump (this is the first product to one-up my Clarisonic in this respect) - not tight or stripped like I was expecting. The next two days I woke up with particularly radiant and silkier skin than I can ever remember. Putting on foundation and moisturizer is noticeably easier and more pleasant. I stop noticing the difference after 4 days. I have only been using the +1 hour application for about 10 days, so I'm not sure if it actually helps with radiance and clarity long term. I will update if I notice anything.

I still have some hyper-pigmentation but my skin does over-all look much brighter and plump and clear. This didn't make a difference to existing blemishes but by perfecting the rest of the skin they were less noticeable and I haven't gotten any new ones so it may be a helpful preventative. I will update if it keeps new blemishes away long term.

I am really enjoying this mask now that I've used the longer application time and would happily re-purchase. It is pricey, but it works and is gentle and pleasant to use with lasting results. This is the best AHA product that I've ever used. I wasn't expecting something 'natural' to work so well. I'm really impressed with this product and definitely recommend it. i took off one lippie because 30 is just so expensive and the bottom of the bottle is frosted instead of opaque so I'm concerned about the longevity of the active ingredients. Otherwise the product is near perfect - though I do wish I didn't have to leave it one for sooooo long in order to see results.

on 10/3/2010 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this a few months ago and have been using it regularly about once to twice a week. I usually slather it on my freshly cleaned and dried face and leave it on for about 40-45 minutes. That's substantially longer than what it states on the box, but I found that the mask is not effective unless you leave it on for an extensive period of time. After about 45 minutes, my skin is incredibly soft and smooth.

If you do it regularly, it can brighten up your face, but you would have to use this mask every couple of days or so. I don't think it does much else other than smoothing the skin. I think Ren products are pretty overpriced for what they actually can do. I guess they make money on the whole "natural"-thing, but if I am buying a facial peel, I am not expecting it to be natural, and I am definitely not mad at the chemicals.

On a more positive note, the mask smells very nice and the packaging is brilliant. It also lasts a long time, as I am not even half-way through. I will not repurchase.

on 6/22/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

this product was great. my skin is very sensitive and i used this product for the first time. AMAZING. It didn't break my face out. my face did not feel tight afterwards. It wasnt dry and it didnt irritate me. great product

i rated the price is at one because i got a free sample from sephora. i figured id try it out first tehm make my decision. i am def. going back to buy

on 1/30/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my fave skin peel/exfoliator right now. It does what it claims; however the effects don't last really long. You must use it every week for best results and to keep your skin looking fresh. My skin tends to be sensitive and this product doesn't irritate it!

on 11/16/2009 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm split right in the middle when it comes to how I feel about this product. This is about my 2nd or 3rd attempt at moving towards more "natural" products and most of the time, it turns into an EPIC FAIL on my skin.
I received a very generous sample and I was eager to try it out. I left it on for about 8 minutes, which is a bit longer than the directions suggested, but I figured after reading the glowing reviews, the time was ok. The immediate results were great. No signs of irritation, and glowing smooth skin. But the next day, and what has transferred now into an almost a week, wasn't really what I expected. My skin suddenly became dull looking, developed this crusty dry patchy areas and it just didn't look or feel so great. I have to say that if you only use this from time to time and you are not sensitive or use retinoids, this will work. Otherwise, you will most likely get similar results to mine.
I also noticed that the patchy areas were sort of sticky...almost as if I had left product on my skin and it's just now coming off, which is not the case since I rinsed it very well.
I am glad I tried a sample of this because I will not repurchase.

on 7/27/2009 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Great stuff! My skin is a little sensitive as I use prescription strength retin-A, but this did not irritate it all. It smells lovely, goes on smoothly and made my skin feel smoother.