REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

4.5

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 10/21/2015 11:06:00 PM

Awesome! Holy grail. A bit pricey (also, shipping from the UK is steep), but so worth it.

I've been using this for a few years now, and will continue to include as a weekly mask. Not for really sensitive skin unfortunately, but it gives you a freakin' glow! I use it before any occasions to give me complexion a boost.

For the longest time, I have had these weird bumps on my face which were only visible with foundation. I was cleansing twice a day, using a toner and a moisturiser followed by a mask and scrub exfoliation once a week. I could never suss out what the cause of these bumps were having tried everything under the sun!

I then went into SpaceNK and the sales assistant began to try on the foundation i requested to try on (NARS All Day Weightless Luminous Foundation). The lady went on to tell me these bumps were making my makeup sit badly on my skin, and I told her about the fact that I couldn't conclude what was causing the bumps.

She began to direct me to the skincare within the store, and she told me that it is a build up dead skin cells. Also, that scrub exfoliation was way too abrasive hence why the texture of my skin was rough. I knew at this point she was not just trying to make a quick sale, as she walked me through the benefits of the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask.

This product is truly a life saver, and it is the reason why my skin is radiant, bright and bump free! I can assure you that I am not just giving this product 5/5 for the sake of it. I only review products I either love or hate to let my fellow skincare/makeup fanatics my own opinion.

It is expensive so of course be wise go in-store see it for yourself. it is also REN which is a very trusted skincare company as there products are 100% natural not to mention smell delicious!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this mask since 11/2013. For my use, I consider this an exfoliating mask that gives me a temporary brightening effect. As others describe, it has an orange/marmalade gel consistency with a citrus scent. Sometimes I feel a tingle, sometimes I don't - I think that has more to do with the state of my skin then the mask. I initially tested this mask and left it on 15-20 minutes, but I nowI tend to leave this mask on between 30 minutes to an hour as I feel I get better results that way. My skin tolerates it well whether I'm in a normal/spot free/combination skin phase or an oil-slick/acneic or dry/sensitive/acneic phase. I try to use it once a week at least. I apply it after my single morning cleanse or after a night-time double cleanse. Once I rinse off the mask, I'll apply a hydrating mist, followed by serum and/or oil, and lastly a moisturizer as a final step if I'm feeling my skin is dehydrated. I would certainly buy again.

on 8/28/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is a lifesaver.
I have dry-normal skin. I exfoliate twice weekly. Cleanse twice daily. Moisturize twice a day. And occasionally wear CC cream (I like a natural makeup free look). I never broke out in my teens but three months ago my forehead started breaking out in the most stubborn acne ever. They stayed for weeks and the scars wouldn't fade away. I tried everything from natural treatments to benzoyl peroxide and NOTHING worked. I kept getting fresh breakouts.

So I said enough is enough went on MUA and did the most extensive research I've ever done in my life. This is what I ended up with. I went to Sephora and was recommended this product (research+recommendation= HAS to work yes?) YES. IT WORKED. I've been using it a month. All the scars have faded away and no new breakouts in sight. My skin is back to normal and is radiant and glowing like it's meant to be. This is a chemical peel so it burns. I leave it on for the 10 mins like it says and the results take place overnight. So the next morning is when you would see if it worked. Your skin should be incredibly soft and glowing.

It's not a peel I would use for normal or dry skin (unless it's going through a rough time like mine did). But if you have trouble with blemishes I would def recommend it. It's pricey but was well worth it for me.

Update: the scars and blemishes from the awful skin-breakout phase (described above) were definitely completely cured through this mask. But then I noticed the mask didn't give me the same results after two months of regular use. My skin didn't look as glowing and fresh after as it used to before when I first started using this. So I stopped using it every week. Then I started getting the worst breakouts again. I've kept the blemishes at bay now through double cleansing and a clay mask but there are stubborn scars again. I am planning to use this again to see if it does anything to the scars. I notice I breakout after using this mask and it's making me think that my skin is vulnerable to impurities right after. Or it might be because I moisturize with rosehip seed oil. I will try to pair this with an oil free moisturizer and update again.

Update 2: I paired this with a cream - La Roche Posay cicaplast baume b5. Expected amazing results because of the rave reviews for that product. The scars did not diminish and my skin got congested. Threw out the cream and went back to grape seed oil. No difference.

2 days ago I paired this with Ren Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil. The results are amazing. The Glycolactic mask is now as potent as I found it the first time I used it. The congestion has gone away, the scars are fading and the redness has disappeared. I have high hopes for this combination and I'm glad I don't have to throw this mask away.

on 7/19/2013 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this product & the Ren line overall. It is a gentle but powerful exfoliator and I love that it's so natural. I used to use Dr Brandt's Microderabrasion In A Jar but this is so much more gentle than that scrub. It also exfoliates much more evenly than I could myself with that product.

How I use this: Cleanse my skin thoroughly then apply ~1 teaspoon over my face and leave it on for as long as possible (i.e. at least 3 hours to sometimes overnight for 7-8 hours). I use this once a week.

Results: My skin looks incredibly bright and clear. It is SUPER soft and smooth- my skin just drinks up my skincare products afterwards. I wouldn't recommend using this more than once a week because even though it is gentle, it is still a strong exfoliating product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have a large sample of this product, and have used it three times. Every occasion, it's made my skin red and blotchy, and has caused red, pus-filled spots and whiteheads to develop. It makes my skin marginally brighter, but it's nothing an aspirin mask couldn't have done for better. This is strong stuff - it must be purging my skin, like AHAs tend to do, and in addition, there's something in it which is irritating to my skin. Not a fan at all, and in the bin it's now going. I much prefer BHAs, which I find a whole lot more gentle and effective.

on 10/28/2012 12:42:00 PM

This mask is a 5-star HG product that delivers. After using only two sample packets of this I took the plunge and bought the full-size 50ml for $55. Yes it is expensive but absolutely worth it.
The packaging is excellent, it is a pump-dispenser bottle with a little plug attachment for the opening so it's extra-hygenic. One pump dispenses the EXACT amount you need for one application. And the bottle is see-through so you can see how much product you have remaining. No complaints about the packaging at all!
To use this mask you just smooth it over your clean face, wait about 15min or so and rinse off. It stays moist and will not dry out on your skin. More often than not, there is a tingling-stinging which is very mild. I actually like it as it makes me feel like the product is working. And it yields beautiful results every single time I use it! This is an exfoliating mask that eliminates any flakiness or dullness and imparts the most amazing glow. My skin is immediately softer, smoother, and brighter. These are results I saw after the very first use. Truthfully, I was hooked after just one sample packet. This mask is AMAZING.
Because it is so expensive I only use this when I feel like I want to pamper myself or if my skin is looking dull and needs a little something "extra". I always follow it up with my richest moisturizing cream and then go to bed (your skin cells regenerate while you're sleeping). I always want to maximize the effect of this product and get the most out of it.
I am a bit of a skincare junkie and I've tried countless masks, and this one is my hands-down favorite. Will re-purchase again and again!

on 8/5/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have the Radiance Renewal Mask. It felt very restorative, but I had an issue with the scent. At first, I was really surprised about the consistency. It smells like honey or orange marmalade on toast. Very pleasant, but I prefer fruity scents. Overall, it was very sticky, but not too difficult to smooth onto the skin. I won't buy again because I think it was a bit on the expensive side. I like their moisturizer line though. I wish think what I have is enough to last me a while.

on 12/14/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this peel. The first time I used it I wasn't impressed because after I wiped it off, my skin didn't look any different to me. But I went to bed and the next morning my skin looked great! It was much clearer and even looking, and it definitely was a lot smoother. My skin is kind of sensitive and it didn't irritate it at all. I use it about once every two weeks and I think it's key to keeping my skin looking good. And it smells delicious- like sweet orange and citrus fruits. Yum! All the Ren products I've tried so far are awesome, and this one is definitely one my favorites.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Such a gentle peel I almost question if it's working or not! The smell is fruity and very nice. I have to say the results are gradual though. The more I use it the more I notice that my skin becomes more even and my pores are cleaned out. I like to leave it on for 15 min since my skin isn't sensitive. The next morning is when I notice the full effects of this peel. Skin is very even, luminous, and toned.