REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Green
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

4.1

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Product is sticky but I absolutely adore this mask. Really see results after applying. Skin appears fresh and glowing. Love ren products, I'm a convert!

on 4/25/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is way too strong for sensitive skin. I have rosacea and the fragrance in it alone was enough to turn me bright red. It is full of fragrance ingredients, citrus byproducts, and extracts. :\ Then take into account the percentage of glycolic acid... my face was in big trouble.

Now if you have normal - tough skin, this might be right up your alley. I am a big fan of AHAs (I.E glycolic acid) in skincare. It will exfoliate skincells for a more even result. This just didn't work for me.

I do not understand the good review as I could not see any effect after using the mask. Neither immediate, nor long-term. Simply nothing. Yet the product has a lovely consistency, colour and smell, and generally nice to work with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this mask, doesn't irritate my hyper sensitive skin just delivers a perfect boost to radiance and texture. I tend to leave it on a fair while past the recommended time (about an hour) but I'm a frequent AHA and BHA user. Bottom line is although pricey it's effective and I can't recommend it enough

on 7/4/2016 9:11:00 PM

I do believe this is a very good product. This is a light glycolic mask and can be used for 10-35 mins depending on your skin type/sensitivity and other products in your regime. It is an orange-y looking paste with a pleasant smell/texture and it tingles slightly. I believe the tube will allow for about 20 total mask applications give or take depending upon how heavily you choose to apply it. Yes it doesn't have as high glycolic concentrations as other products out on the market but it is a mask and it works great. It is an elegant formulation, really, and doesn't irritate or cause me any redness or irritation. And it WORKS. I essentially use this to "de-gunk" my skin when it fills oily/clogged/in need of a chemical "scrub" to get a layer off and be clear and bright again. I use it on days I don't want to use a manual/salt scrub/feel my skin won't be able to tolerate a scrub ... but desire the brightening and plumping effects and need something to brighten my complexion and remove surface impurities overall. It's expensive but it works every time I need it and $55 divided by 20 masks makes this worthwhile for me overall.

LOVE the slight tingle I get from this product. Not a mask in the sense that it dries and tightens on your face. This "wet" mask suits me better and do believe it gives a great resurfacing and brightens and smooths my face. Could be a bit less expensive though

on 7/5/2015 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have only used this a few times, so I will update later. I first tried it for ten minutes, and noticed no real difference and no tingling (my skin is pretty resilient). Afterwards I left it on for around 30 minutes instead, I felt an ever slight tingling sensation and my face looked brighter but nothing else. However, the next morning I woke up and found that my face looked exceptionally bright, so much so that it didn't match my body. Then it dawned on me that this had exfoliated my skin, and removed the tan I had from a recent holiday. My skin also looked more even, a large blemish went down significantly, it was smoother and some of the flesh coloured bumps (clogged pores?) I had virtually disappeared. In short, this does exactly what it's supposed to do: it exfoliates extremely well without being harsh or irritating on the skin.

I have bought this mask twice now and will continue to use it as part of my arsenal for acne prone skin. Although it does not necessarily prevent big flare ups - which are usually down to lifestyle choices for me - it really does help heal bigger spots and is great for the aftermath of a break out. Generally I don't get major break outs, just really easily clogged pores. This definitely helps to reduce the amount of clogs, even just using it religiously once a week. I see that there are lots of people saying to use it 2-3 times a week which I may start doing, just been scared of aggravating my skin. As far as chemical exfoliators go this has got to be the best one I've ever tried and is the only one that comes close to a professional glycolic peel. The only time it stings is when you have an active break out and it will only sting in those spots which is just proof it is working. I'd also use this over a manual exfoliator any day.

on 3/9/2014 4:18:00 AM

This didn't do anything for me. After some research on the REN site, I learned that this mask has only 6.5% glycolic acid. I don't think that's enough for my heavily exfoliated, acne-prone skin. For context: I use Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads, which have a 20% complex of glycolic and many other acids, every other night for 45 minutes or more without irritation. This REN mask is just too weak for my skin type.

As mentioned in previous reviews, this also has the consistency of thin orange marmalade and smells like it, too. I couldn't help but thinking that I was feeding my skin sugar instead of helping it renew cells. Not a clean feeling.

on 1/11/2014 3:32:00 AM

My HG mask. Every now and again I'm tempted to try a new one but never do, because this one is just so affective. I have combination skin with large/congested pores and this helps refine the grain of my skin without stripping it. Not too harsh, not too subtle. Just wonderful. I use it once a week, usually on Sunday when I give myself a bit of a pamper. Smells lovely, a little goes a long way and it's a great way to exfoliate (I used to LOVE scrubs but now I'm a chemical exfoliator convert, they're just better for skin and have better results).
It just says what it does on the tin. Really not much to add.
Love and highly recommend.