REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

4.1

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product sounds like a great option to keep skin clear and glowing but I wasn't entirely convinced it would suit my extremely difficult oily yet super sensitive skin. Generally finding a product that doesn't give me a rash or break me out is a challenge and add to this the fact that this is not recommended for sensitive skin. I'm super happy to report that this works like a dream. Used it last night, left it on for 10 minutes during which I did not experience any tingling or burning and this morning my skin was lovely, smooth and glowing. The only reason I did not give it full 5 stars is because of the smell. I find it very artificial and not particularly nice but considering the end result I'm sure this is something I can live with for 10 minutes. Highly recommend and I will definitely repurchase.

This is a pretty gentle exfoliating mask. I have a number of chemical exfoliants in my rotation and this tends to get trotted out when my skin is feeling more delicate. I see this as a good option for people who are new to chemical exfoliation, because it is a gentle introduction, or for more advanced users who need something less aggressive every once in a while.

I got it as part of a kit where it was packaged in a squeeze tube, not the same packaging as the full-size, so I can't accurately comment on how good the more common packaging is.

on 4/12/2017 4:38:00 PM

The same as in this review:
"I had high hopes for this mask, as I love REN Evercalm. I followed instructions and let sit for 10 minutes, as soon as I went to wipe it off in instantly had tiny little bumps/acne forming all over my forehead, and side of my face."

Can't use it and will not buy again. Smells unnaturally.

on 12/7/2016 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was a disappointment for me, especially in light of the hype it's gotten as Ren's standout mask. The use by date is 6 months after opening and I've just reached that date today - still have half a tube left but frankly, I'm not sorry to toss it. I used this about once or twice a week for that six month period and never noticed any real results. I have sensitive skin, which Ren does caution about using this mask on, but I didn't experience any irritation from it. It simply didn't do anything, My detailed thoughts below:

What it claims to do:

'An instant complexion-perfecting mask that brightens and renews skintone and texture, minimizes pores, diminishes hyperpigmentation, and reduces the appearance of fine lines in as little as 10 minutes.'

So alot of typical ad copy hyperbole here that unsurprisingly the mask fails to live up to. No, there are no instant results - my face basically looks the same after I rinse this off 10-15 mins later. I have used the Ren Instant Flash Facial which is a grittier scrub before and with that one, I def saw results immediately (the scent was a dealbreaker though - smelled like blood). So I expected more from this one and didn't get it. I don't think it minimised my pores at all or even cleaned them out.

As for hyperpigmentation and fine lines, I can't speak for this mask's effectiveness in treating those issues as I don't have either of them. I have to side eye any topical treatment which claims to minimise wrinkles in just ten minutes though. Sorry, not buying it.

How it felt:

This is a thick consistency akin to marmalade with a similar orangey sort of scent. The scent isn't unpleasant at all (unlike the flash facial) so I didn't mind it. However, this is a very sticky gluey consistency and it never really dries down. It tends to be messy and so I preferred to use it after cleansing my face but before getting into the shower, so any stickiness woubut we washed off easily. I don't think hands are adequate to remove something as thick as this. I definitely needed a hot cloth. I didn't experience any irritation other than some slight tingling. I don't think this mask is as strong as it purports to be.

Packaging:

The packaging is very good - practical, sensible and hygienic. I do like the fact that Ren's masks are all vacuum packed in a little plastic pouch inside the main tube because it prevents air from getting into the ingredients and causing them to deteriorate. After the plastic top is pulled off, an extra little nozzle is attached to cover the dispensing hole, which is a thoughtful touch. You simply pump out as much product as you need - a tablespoon or so is more than enough imo. I have no complaints about the packaging whatsoever.

Would I rebuy?

No, this was such a mediocre product for me. It didn't even provide short term results, let alone long term term ones. The formula left alot to be desired and was not at all cosmetically elegant in feel. I don't think the price is in line with the quality of this mask. You can get more effective products elsewhere for less.

on 3/1/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am very happy with this mask. I haven’t noticed great changes to my skin, but I have noticed, with 2 uses once a week, my skin is a little more plump and awake, some very fine lines have diminished. And I know is this mask because it is the only new element in my routine, so I believe it will become part of my weekly skincare routine.
I will say that on the 8th minute I did start feeling a tingling/stinging sensation on my face, that when I took the mask off, my face felt firmer, but I haven’t noticed no big changes, but then again it isn’t one of my skin problems.

on 3/1/2016 2:49:00 AM

After having only used this mask once, it is hands down one of THE BEST MASKS I HAVE EVER USED!

It has a syrupy like texture, as if you're rubbing honey on your face. The packaging is really sanitary - just a pump with a little cap - and I like how you can see how much product you have left.

Before trying this mask, I had struggled with some pesky breakouts all across my forehead and chin. The texture of my skin just felt a bit bleh so I was really interested to see the results.The product itself left my skin feeling radiant, soft and refined straight after. My pores appeared visibly smaller and I had this incredible glow. The next morning, nearly all my breakouts had come to a head and any smaller spots were gone.

My only dislike is the smell which resembles orange cough syrup but you soon get over it. AMAZING!!

on 10/21/2015 11:06:00 PM

Awesome! Holy grail. A bit pricey (also, shipping from the UK is steep), but so worth it.

I've been using this for a few years now, and will continue to include as a weekly mask. Not for really sensitive skin unfortunately, but it gives you a freakin' glow! I use it before any occasions to give me complexion a boost.

on 4/5/2015 11:17:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work as there are such good reviews of it and its quite pricey. However my skin felt really uncomfortable each time I applied it (stinging and itching), and it was quite unbearable having it on. My skin is usually quite tolerant of chemical exfoliants so I'm not sure what ingredient I'm sensitive to. Anyway, after washing it off, I didn't notice any discernible effects or that my skin was any smoother. Stopped using it for a while, and when I was just thinking of giving it another try, realized that it has expired! Only has a 9 months shelf life and I barely used it.

For the longest time, I have had these weird bumps on my face which were only visible with foundation. I was cleansing twice a day, using a toner and a moisturiser followed by a mask and scrub exfoliation once a week. I could never suss out what the cause of these bumps were having tried everything under the sun!

I then went into SpaceNK and the sales assistant began to try on the foundation i requested to try on (NARS All Day Weightless Luminous Foundation). The lady went on to tell me these bumps were making my makeup sit badly on my skin, and I told her about the fact that I couldn't conclude what was causing the bumps.

She began to direct me to the skincare within the store, and she told me that it is a build up dead skin cells. Also, that scrub exfoliation was way too abrasive hence why the texture of my skin was rough. I knew at this point she was not just trying to make a quick sale, as she walked me through the benefits of the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask.

This product is truly a life saver, and it is the reason why my skin is radiant, bright and bump free! I can assure you that I am not just giving this product 5/5 for the sake of it. I only review products I either love or hate to let my fellow skincare/makeup fanatics my own opinion.

It is expensive so of course be wise go in-store see it for yourself. it is also REN which is a very trusted skincare company as there products are 100% natural not to mention smell delicious!

on 1/19/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, this is just an okay product. It doesn't list the concentration of AHA in it, but I've seen other people comment that it's around 6%. Given that I use PC AHA 8% every few days, the Ren seems a bit unnecessary.

Another downside is the fragrance which I imagine could be irritating for people (luckily it does not irritate my sensitive skin).

Although I shouldn't like this product, I kinda do. I actually like the consistency and do notice a bit of a glow after I apply it. I got talked into buying a full bottle at Sephora several months ago so I use it, because it's in the medicine cabinet, but don't think it does a lot. I don't find it drying, nor has it caused irritation. I like the ritual of applying a mask every week or two, but overall it's a meh product. I won't repurchase, particularly given the price.