REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

3.7

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product sounds like a great option to keep skin clear and glowing but I wasn't entirely convinced it would suit my extremely difficult oily yet super sensitive skin. Generally finding a product that doesn't give me a rash or break me out is a challenge and add to this the fact that this is not recommended for sensitive skin. I'm super happy to report that this works like a dream. Used it last night, left it on for 10 minutes during which I did not experience any tingling or burning and this morning my skin was lovely, smooth and glowing. The only reason I did not give it full 5 stars is because of the smell. I find it very artificial and not particularly nice but considering the end result I'm sure this is something I can live with for 10 minutes. Highly recommend and I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/19/2017 4:33:00 PM

I've got a sample of this mask. I tried it and did not fit me at all. It smells like fresh orange. After 2 days of the first use my skin got flaky and dry. My skin is combo to oily.

on 4/5/2015 11:17:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work as there are such good reviews of it and its quite pricey. However my skin felt really uncomfortable each time I applied it (stinging and itching), and it was quite unbearable having it on. My skin is usually quite tolerant of chemical exfoliants so I'm not sure what ingredient I'm sensitive to. Anyway, after washing it off, I didn't notice any discernible effects or that my skin was any smoother. Stopped using it for a while, and when I was just thinking of giving it another try, realized that it has expired! Only has a 9 months shelf life and I barely used it.

on 8/22/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this from a sample at sephora after making a purchase and her only sales pitch was "beyonce uses it"...uh yeah, but what does it do? Anyway, it has a very thick marmalade texture. Applies easily and didn't cause any tingling or sensations to my skin. After leaving it on for 10 minutes and rinsing off my skin felt VERY soft...almost dolphin like and a tad brighter in complexion. I like it, but not enough to purchase for the price.

on 3/8/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This peel mask didn't wow me. It has a sweet tacky smell of jam, similar texture too. It stings upon application and doesn't give dramatically different results. No adverse effects, despite the slight initial discomfort. It's similar to Dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliant. Gentle for sensitive skin but forgettably meh. Not worth the price.

on 2/28/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite masks at the moment. Leaves my skin clarified, smooth and bright after every use. I use it only once a week and my skin looks amazing. No break-outs, just love it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I recieved a generous sample (30ml) of this product from Mecca Cosmetica when the Origins Dry Skin Mask. I prefered this product. First of all I love the smell, its not too sweet but really lovely like apricots. Secondly, you only need the smallest amount. I haven't even finished my sample yet and I've used it over 10 times. A little goes a long way here.

After using it my pores were noticeably smaller and a lot of black heads had been removed. I left it on at night like a night cream (beware it is very sticky!) and in the morning woke up to soft, moisturised skin. I suffer from really really really dry skin, nothing has worked at all for me! This doesn't completely repair my skin but makes it feel great for a few days. If you're looking for a complete solution to dehydrated and dry skin, this isn't it, however is a great product. I am defiinitley going to purchase the full size when I finish my sample. Woop!

on 8/29/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Over all a rubbish product. It did nothing. Total waste of money.

It says the following on the package: Skin looks brighter, healthier, more radiant. Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Combats congestion, blackheads and blemishes.

The product does none of the above and actually helps with congestion

The quality of this product does not justify the price. I do not mind spending money on skin care that works but this was simply a waste!!

This is an alright product. It may be due to the fact that I use potent exfoliators (Exfolikate, BR P50, Alpha H Liquid Gold, Dr. Sebagh Exfoliating Mask), but this just doesn't really do it for me. My skin doesn't look or feel much different after I use it, and I think it's a little bit overhyped. I think this is a a great product for people who need more gentle exfoliation; but I can't justify spending $55 for an ounce of product if it doesn't WOW me and I feel like I can't live without it. I won't miss this when I use it up.

Also, note on the packaging: while I love the idea of it being very hygenic, I am worried that the pump is going to clog up and I won't have an easy way to access the remaining product.

Personally, I prefer the Dr. Sebagh Deep Exfoliating Mask, which I have purchased and would repurchase as the more aggressive version of this mask. My skin feels really refined after using that, so between the two, that is the clear winner for me.

This was a surprisingly good product that lived up to its good reputation on other beauty blogs.

PROS
Effective in helping to me to clear out gunky stubborn blackheads
My skin looks smoother and brighter after use
Pores look smaller after use
My moisturizer absorbs better after use
The packaging states that the product does not have a pile of 'baddies' like petrochemicals, silicones and pegs (what are pegs!?) in it (for those of you who care about such things)

CONS
I can't think of any which is sooooooo unusual. Consider me gob smacked!