REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 5/20/2013 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was very hesitant to buy this since it's $66AUD (or close to it). I got a generous sample from Mecca and managed to use this twice. The tingling sensation is minimal, then again I have used AHA's before and on a daily basis. It smells, looks but does NOT taste like marmalade. I like that it does not dry, it makes it a bit more comfortable to wear. The effects are good, they're not amazing. My skin looks and feels radiant, fresh, smooth and clear. I love to use this a few hours before I go out for dinner or a night out with my partner. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 1/30/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The first 3 times I tried the mask I was really angry. I washed my face, left it on for 15 mins and nothing happened. Nothing at all. Then I watched MissBudgetBeauty's masks video, where she says she leaves the product on for hours. So I left it for for +1 hour the last two times I've used this and I finally get it. This is actually a really great mask, and the difference is noticeable immediately and lasts for at least a few days.

The mask comes out as a thick gel, a really thick orange gel and smells like some sort of super sweet synthetic orange/apricot candy or odd marmalade or something. I don't mind the smell, but I don't love it either. Many people complained about the texture being sticky so I use an old damp synthetic foundation brush instead of fingers. It spreads easily with the brush and there's no mess to worry about. The gel sits on the face and you just look shiny, like your face as been glazed lol. DH was thrilled not to have me walking around with opaque grey/green/white goop on my face for once.

The mask doesn't dry on the face, but it didn't drip or slide around either. I didn't notice any sort of tingle when I first put the mask on, in fact it was on my face for about 35 minutes before I began to feel a light tingling. And it is more like ticklish sensation of bubbles forming on the skin than the sort of stinging I often get with clay masks. It was odd but not off putting at all, it just sort of felt 'active', which I like.

I place a warm soaked cloth on the skin for 30 seconds and then the mask wipes away easily. It washes clean leaving no residue. My skin looked immediately brighter and felt extremely smooth and plump (this is the first product to one-up my Clarisonic in this respect) - not tight or stripped like I was expecting. The next two days I woke up with particularly radiant and silkier skin than I can ever remember. Putting on foundation and moisturizer is noticeably easier and more pleasant. I stop noticing the difference after 4 days. I have only been using the +1 hour application for about 10 days, so I'm not sure if it actually helps with radiance and clarity long term. I will update if I notice anything.

I still have some hyper-pigmentation but my skin does over-all look much brighter and plump and clear. This didn't make a difference to existing blemishes but by perfecting the rest of the skin they were less noticeable and I haven't gotten any new ones so it may be a helpful preventative. I will update if it keeps new blemishes away long term.

I am really enjoying this mask now that I've used the longer application time and would happily re-purchase. It is pricey, but it works and is gentle and pleasant to use with lasting results. This is the best AHA product that I've ever used. I wasn't expecting something 'natural' to work so well. I'm really impressed with this product and definitely recommend it. i took off one lippie because 30 is just so expensive and the bottom of the bottle is frosted instead of opaque so I'm concerned about the longevity of the active ingredients. Otherwise the product is near perfect - though I do wish I didn't have to leave it one for sooooo long in order to see results.

Video Reviews & Tutorials