REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

2.5

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I love the idea of Ren products, but unfortunately for me, most lines that use luxurious plant extracts irritate my sensitive skin. Since there are glowing reviews for many of the products that do this to me, I can only surmise the problem is with me, and not them.
This wasn't as irritating as it could have been, and actually, immediately after washing this mask off my skin felt comfortable and soft. I did notice, however, a kind of dry shine to my skin over the next few hours and days - almost like scaliness. You know the way that Edward Cullen from Twilight looks when he's in the sunlight - well, something like that, but milder, of course.
Texture-wise, this mask reminds me a lot of Kiehls Papaya and Pineapple Face Scrub, which doubles up as an enzyme mask, removing dead skin with fruit acids. I think it is similarly effective, though I didn't notice the sheen with the Kiehls product.
However, I tried this seeking an alternative to Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant, which I am able to use once a week with no problems, and which leaves skin baby-soft. I find the Dermalogica product has stronger and gentler exfoliation, so I'm sticking with that.

on 10/3/2010 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this a few months ago and have been using it regularly about once to twice a week. I usually slather it on my freshly cleaned and dried face and leave it on for about 40-45 minutes. That's substantially longer than what it states on the box, but I found that the mask is not effective unless you leave it on for an extensive period of time. After about 45 minutes, my skin is incredibly soft and smooth.

If you do it regularly, it can brighten up your face, but you would have to use this mask every couple of days or so. I don't think it does much else other than smoothing the skin. I think Ren products are pretty overpriced for what they actually can do. I guess they make money on the whole "natural"-thing, but if I am buying a facial peel, I am not expecting it to be natural, and I am definitely not mad at the chemicals.

On a more positive note, the mask smells very nice and the packaging is brilliant. It also lasts a long time, as I am not even half-way through. I will not repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials