REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

4.1

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 4/25/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is way too strong for sensitive skin. I have rosacea and the fragrance in it alone was enough to turn me bright red. It is full of fragrance ingredients, citrus byproducts, and extracts. :\ Then take into account the percentage of glycolic acid... my face was in big trouble.

Now if you have normal - tough skin, this might be right up your alley. I am a big fan of AHAs (I.E glycolic acid) in skincare. It will exfoliate skincells for a more even result. This just didn't work for me.

This is a pretty gentle exfoliating mask. I have a number of chemical exfoliants in my rotation and this tends to get trotted out when my skin is feeling more delicate. I see this as a good option for people who are new to chemical exfoliation, because it is a gentle introduction, or for more advanced users who need something less aggressive every once in a while.

I got it as part of a kit where it was packaged in a squeeze tube, not the same packaging as the full-size, so I can't accurately comment on how good the more common packaging is.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this mask, doesn't irritate my hyper sensitive skin just delivers a perfect boost to radiance and texture. I tend to leave it on a fair while past the recommended time (about an hour) but I'm a frequent AHA and BHA user. Bottom line is although pricey it's effective and I can't recommend it enough

on 7/4/2016 9:11:00 PM

I do believe this is a very good product. This is a light glycolic mask and can be used for 10-35 mins depending on your skin type/sensitivity and other products in your regime. It is an orange-y looking paste with a pleasant smell/texture and it tingles slightly. I believe the tube will allow for about 20 total mask applications give or take depending upon how heavily you choose to apply it. Yes it doesn't have as high glycolic concentrations as other products out on the market but it is a mask and it works great. It is an elegant formulation, really, and doesn't irritate or cause me any redness or irritation. And it WORKS. I essentially use this to "de-gunk" my skin when it fills oily/clogged/in need of a chemical "scrub" to get a layer off and be clear and bright again. I use it on days I don't want to use a manual/salt scrub/feel my skin won't be able to tolerate a scrub ... but desire the brightening and plumping effects and need something to brighten my complexion and remove surface impurities overall. It's expensive but it works every time I need it and $55 divided by 20 masks makes this worthwhile for me overall.

on 3/1/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am very happy with this mask. I haven’t noticed great changes to my skin, but I have noticed, with 2 uses once a week, my skin is a little more plump and awake, some very fine lines have diminished. And I know is this mask because it is the only new element in my routine, so I believe it will become part of my weekly skincare routine.
I will say that on the 8th minute I did start feeling a tingling/stinging sensation on my face, that when I took the mask off, my face felt firmer, but I haven’t noticed no big changes, but then again it isn’t one of my skin problems.

on 11/5/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Because I've seen so many people debating on this in their sephora VIB carts I decided to write a review! I've owned this mask for two years, well beyond its "best before" date, but it's still good and smells perfectly fine, so let that be a testament to how long this investment can last you. I always have about 6 masks on the go at any given time, and it takes me forever to use up anything. This is my absolutely favourite exfoliating mask. It doesn't burn or sting my sensitive skin (Exfolikate), or feel dry and tight after (Glamglow). I love the product and go into it below.

It comes out in a light consistency orange jelly like emulsion with soft white granules. The scent is similar to Ole Henriksens truth line, but lighter. I am very sensitive to fragrance and it doesn't bother me one bit. I apply a moderate amount all over a freshly cleansed face and keep it on for 10 - 15 minutes. It stays tacky, so tie your hair up. But no tingling, itching, burning or sensitivity to speak of. Which is huge! It washes off smoothly and the beads offer minimal mechanical exfoliation. Because the packing is in the form of a pump you can control the exact amount you get, I find a full pump is allows me to liberally apply on my whole face.

I really like that this doesn't make my skin feel dry or irritated. Just supple and smooth, because I live in Alberta Canada, which has a winter very similar to Sibera in Russia. It's considered a desert, I need exfoliation. It's gentle, effective and an awesome price for the amount you get. Would repurchase!

on 4/5/2015 11:17:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work as there are such good reviews of it and its quite pricey. However my skin felt really uncomfortable each time I applied it (stinging and itching), and it was quite unbearable having it on. My skin is usually quite tolerant of chemical exfoliants so I'm not sure what ingredient I'm sensitive to. Anyway, after washing it off, I didn't notice any discernible effects or that my skin was any smoother. Stopped using it for a while, and when I was just thinking of giving it another try, realized that it has expired! Only has a 9 months shelf life and I barely used it.

on 1/19/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, this is just an okay product. It doesn't list the concentration of AHA in it, but I've seen other people comment that it's around 6%. Given that I use PC AHA 8% every few days, the Ren seems a bit unnecessary.

Another downside is the fragrance which I imagine could be irritating for people (luckily it does not irritate my sensitive skin).

Although I shouldn't like this product, I kinda do. I actually like the consistency and do notice a bit of a glow after I apply it. I got talked into buying a full bottle at Sephora several months ago so I use it, because it's in the medicine cabinet, but don't think it does a lot. I don't find it drying, nor has it caused irritation. I like the ritual of applying a mask every week or two, but overall it's a meh product. I won't repurchase, particularly given the price.

on 4/24/2014 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample of this product from Sephora, tried it, and loved it! It's a great way to exfoliate and reveal fresh skin without using microbeads or gritty scrubs. The thick orange gel smells like a burst of fresh oranges. After smoothing it all over the face, you wait 10 minutes, then wash off with the muslin cloth that is provided. During those ten minutes, I can feel my face tingle a bit, but there's no uncomfortable burning. As soon as it's washed off, my face looks bright, clean, fresh and very soft. Fine lines seem to be less harsh or wiped away. The bottle directs users to use this product weekly. I'm hoping that with consistent use, my melasma (hyper-pigmentation that is hereditary) will lighten up. The price is moderately pricey, but I purchased it during a time when Sephora was offering a promotional discount.

According to the label on the bottle, Ren skincare is against animal testing. Their products contain no parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, synthetic colours, TEA, DEA, glycols, silicones, pegs, et al.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I recieved a generous sample (30ml) of this product from Mecca Cosmetica when the Origins Dry Skin Mask. I prefered this product. First of all I love the smell, its not too sweet but really lovely like apricots. Secondly, you only need the smallest amount. I haven't even finished my sample yet and I've used it over 10 times. A little goes a long way here.

After using it my pores were noticeably smaller and a lot of black heads had been removed. I left it on at night like a night cream (beware it is very sticky!) and in the morning woke up to soft, moisturised skin. I suffer from really really really dry skin, nothing has worked at all for me! This doesn't completely repair my skin but makes it feel great for a few days. If you're looking for a complete solution to dehydrated and dry skin, this isn't it, however is a great product. I am defiinitley going to purchase the full size when I finish my sample. Woop!