REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

4.3

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 4/5/2018 10:20:00 AM

I got this for free when I bought two REN products at a department store. Two of my biggest skin complaints are dull complexion and moderate acne so I thought it could work well. After using this for a few weeks (with the toner as well) I noticed an immediate improvement. My acne completely cleared up and my skin is so bright and soft. I'm almost 40 and people thought I was early 20s.

I love the smell as well.

on 5/29/2016 10:58:00 PM

I love this product! I have been using this once a week for about 2 months now, and it has really helped my skin stay clear. I also notice my skin glows after using this. I leave it on around 35 minutes to an hour, but I recommend starting with the 10 to see how it goes. REN has easily become my new favorite skincare line. This product is phenomenal. I love the texture of it, and the smell is nice as well. Also, it's so easy to get off at the end. I recommend this to all of my friends.

on 3/1/2016 2:49:00 AM

After having only used this mask once, it is hands down one of THE BEST MASKS I HAVE EVER USED!

It has a syrupy like texture, as if you're rubbing honey on your face. The packaging is really sanitary - just a pump with a little cap - and I like how you can see how much product you have left.

Before trying this mask, I had struggled with some pesky breakouts all across my forehead and chin. The texture of my skin just felt a bit bleh so I was really interested to see the results.The product itself left my skin feeling radiant, soft and refined straight after. My pores appeared visibly smaller and I had this incredible glow. The next morning, nearly all my breakouts had come to a head and any smaller spots were gone.

My only dislike is the smell which resembles orange cough syrup but you soon get over it. AMAZING!!

on 11/5/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Because I've seen so many people debating on this in their sephora VIB carts I decided to write a review! I've owned this mask for two years, well beyond its "best before" date, but it's still good and smells perfectly fine, so let that be a testament to how long this investment can last you. I always have about 6 masks on the go at any given time, and it takes me forever to use up anything. This is my absolutely favourite exfoliating mask. It doesn't burn or sting my sensitive skin (Exfolikate), or feel dry and tight after (Glamglow). I love the product and go into it below.

It comes out in a light consistency orange jelly like emulsion with soft white granules. The scent is similar to Ole Henriksens truth line, but lighter. I am very sensitive to fragrance and it doesn't bother me one bit. I apply a moderate amount all over a freshly cleansed face and keep it on for 10 - 15 minutes. It stays tacky, so tie your hair up. But no tingling, itching, burning or sensitivity to speak of. Which is huge! It washes off smoothly and the beads offer minimal mechanical exfoliation. Because the packing is in the form of a pump you can control the exact amount you get, I find a full pump is allows me to liberally apply on my whole face.

I really like that this doesn't make my skin feel dry or irritated. Just supple and smooth, because I live in Alberta Canada, which has a winter very similar to Sibera in Russia. It's considered a desert, I need exfoliation. It's gentle, effective and an awesome price for the amount you get. Would repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this mask since 11/2013. For my use, I consider this an exfoliating mask that gives me a temporary brightening effect. As others describe, it has an orange/marmalade gel consistency with a citrus scent. Sometimes I feel a tingle, sometimes I don't - I think that has more to do with the state of my skin then the mask. I initially tested this mask and left it on 15-20 minutes, but I nowI tend to leave this mask on between 30 minutes to an hour as I feel I get better results that way. My skin tolerates it well whether I'm in a normal/spot free/combination skin phase or an oil-slick/acneic or dry/sensitive/acneic phase. I try to use it once a week at least. I apply it after my single morning cleanse or after a night-time double cleanse. Once I rinse off the mask, I'll apply a hydrating mist, followed by serum and/or oil, and lastly a moisturizer as a final step if I'm feeling my skin is dehydrated. I would certainly buy again.

I stumbled upon a natural, organic salon looking for suggestions on where to get a facial. The owner was on site, and her complexion flawless. She said one must repeatedly do treatments at home to maintain a wonderful outcome, and introduced me to REN Glycolactic. I LOVE it! The treatment goes on like a thick, sort of goopy citrus jelly. Smells great, and feels refreshing. I leave mine on between 30- 35 minutes, though you can drop it to even 10 minutes for sensitive skin. My dark splotches lightened with two uses, I felt immediate improvement of overall skin texture immediately, and my glow was to die for! I use it twice/ week, and my pre-treatment is the REN Micro Scrub Exfoliator, while the follow-up is the REN Radiance Perfection Serum. My skin has never looked better...

I have bought this mask twice now and will continue to use it as part of my arsenal for acne prone skin. Although it does not necessarily prevent big flare ups - which are usually down to lifestyle choices for me - it really does help heal bigger spots and is great for the aftermath of a break out. Generally I don't get major break outs, just really easily clogged pores. This definitely helps to reduce the amount of clogs, even just using it religiously once a week. I see that there are lots of people saying to use it 2-3 times a week which I may start doing, just been scared of aggravating my skin. As far as chemical exfoliators go this has got to be the best one I've ever tried and is the only one that comes close to a professional glycolic peel. The only time it stings is when you have an active break out and it will only sting in those spots which is just proof it is working. I'd also use this over a manual exfoliator any day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am quite disappointed with this product, considering how much it cost ($66CND + HST at Sephora). I have not used many AHA-based products on my acne-prone skin, so I thought I would start with a somewhat gentler product and this had good reviews and was accessible. I apply 2 pumps to give a thin layer on my face, neck, and chest once a week after showering. The poster below who compared the product to marmalade was spot-on - this mask has an unusual and not unpleasant gel texture and smells like citrus.

It's true, this has not caused any irritation for me, even applied to my more sensitive neck and left on for longer than the recommended 10 minutes. I do not feel any burning, but I do feel some gentle flushing where I've applied the mask, and it does not leave me with any redness on removal. I'm only using this once per week, but I seem to be going through it very quickly, much faster than my other face masks, of which I use similar amounts. The bag-within-a-tube packaging is very cool and hygienic, but it also looks like you're getting more product than you actually are.

After using this product consistently for a month, I have noticed just about zero change in the condition of my skin. I was not expecting dramatic results, but I thought that some of my post-acne scarring might have lightened (I do wear a high-PPD sunblock daily) and my skin texture might have evened out somewhat, but no such luck. My skin feels a little softer after using this mask, but that is not enough for me to justify repurchasing. I see better results from a homemade yogurt mask, and considering the minimal results and considerable expense of this mask, I would not recommend this mask to others.

on 3/11/2014 11:57:00 PM

I love this mask! Brightens the skin and the Alpha Hydroxy Acids really helped smooth my skin and helped heal any acne.
It feels a little weird putting it on, it feels like honey and doesn't dry. My boyfriend calls me "grease face" when its on because I look so sticky...
The only reason I would not buy this again is that I have graduated to using a higher concentration of glycolic acid treatments with better results. - and the price is a bit steep.

on 7/21/2013 8:48:00 AM

I cannot believe the quality of this product. I got a deluxe sample size to try before I committed, but I am happy that I purchased the full-sized product. This is the most non-irritating exfoliating mask that I have ever used. It smells a little bit like spoiled fruit, but the smell is not so terrible that you cannot use the mask. The texture is balm-like, but it spreads out really easily on your face. The results are incredible. As soon as I was the mask off I can feel a difference in my skin. It is smoother and softer for a couple days afterward. In addition, the texture looks more refined. I did not want to spend so much money on a product, but I was so impressed with it that I just could not resist. I will definitely repurchase.