REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 1/9/2018 6:17:00 PM

Way too sticky - it felt like glue on my face. I had to take it off before the recommended time. I don't know if it helped, because I did not use it again. Just too unpleasant.

I recently used a trial size sample of this that I bought as a lot. The product itself was sticky and not all together pleasant to put on. I allowed the ten minute period that it said to leave on, then washed off. Under my right eye, a large spot appeared (swollen, red and raw). I washed my face again and applied moisturizer. This was 3 weeks ago. The spot doesn't go away, and peels. I'm really upset!!

on 4/12/2017 4:38:00 PM

The same as in this review:
"I had high hopes for this mask, as I love REN Evercalm. I followed instructions and let sit for 10 minutes, as soon as I went to wipe it off in instantly had tiny little bumps/acne forming all over my forehead, and side of my face."

Can't use it and will not buy again. Smells unnaturally.

on 3/8/2017 2:48:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mask as I love the Ren brand global protection cream. I followed instructions and let sit for 10 minutes, as soon as I went to wipe it off in instantly had tiny little bumps/acne forming all over my forehead, and side of my face.

I typically and overall smooth complexion with the exception of occasional 1-2 hormonal acne at times.

Very disappointed and returned to Sephora the next day.

on 3/28/2016 5:04:00 PM

This is very weak with an acid concentration of 7%. Most glycolic cleansers are more than this and I'm already using things around the 25% mark. This did nothing for me. Juice Beauty Green apple peel is so much better for cheaper so I recommend that over this any day.

on 4/5/2015 11:17:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work as there are such good reviews of it and its quite pricey. However my skin felt really uncomfortable each time I applied it (stinging and itching), and it was quite unbearable having it on. My skin is usually quite tolerant of chemical exfoliants so I'm not sure what ingredient I'm sensitive to. Anyway, after washing it off, I didn't notice any discernible effects or that my skin was any smoother. Stopped using it for a while, and when I was just thinking of giving it another try, realized that it has expired! Only has a 9 months shelf life and I barely used it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am quite disappointed with this product, considering how much it cost ($66CND + HST at Sephora). I have not used many AHA-based products on my acne-prone skin, so I thought I would start with a somewhat gentler product and this had good reviews and was accessible. I apply 2 pumps to give a thin layer on my face, neck, and chest once a week after showering. The poster below who compared the product to marmalade was spot-on - this mask has an unusual and not unpleasant gel texture and smells like citrus.

It's true, this has not caused any irritation for me, even applied to my more sensitive neck and left on for longer than the recommended 10 minutes. I do not feel any burning, but I do feel some gentle flushing where I've applied the mask, and it does not leave me with any redness on removal. I'm only using this once per week, but I seem to be going through it very quickly, much faster than my other face masks, of which I use similar amounts. The bag-within-a-tube packaging is very cool and hygienic, but it also looks like you're getting more product than you actually are.

After using this product consistently for a month, I have noticed just about zero change in the condition of my skin. I was not expecting dramatic results, but I thought that some of my post-acne scarring might have lightened (I do wear a high-PPD sunblock daily) and my skin texture might have evened out somewhat, but no such luck. My skin feels a little softer after using this mask, but that is not enough for me to justify repurchasing. I see better results from a homemade yogurt mask, and considering the minimal results and considerable expense of this mask, I would not recommend this mask to others.

on 3/9/2014 4:18:00 AM

This didn't do anything for me. After some research on the REN site, I learned that this mask has only 6.5% glycolic acid. I don't think that's enough for my heavily exfoliated, acne-prone skin. For context: I use Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads, which have a 20% complex of glycolic and many other acids, every other night for 45 minutes or more without irritation. This REN mask is just too weak for my skin type.

As mentioned in previous reviews, this also has the consistency of thin orange marmalade and smells like it, too. I couldn't help but thinking that I was feeding my skin sugar instead of helping it renew cells. Not a clean feeling.

on 8/29/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Over all a rubbish product. It did nothing. Total waste of money.

It says the following on the package: Skin looks brighter, healthier, more radiant. Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Combats congestion, blackheads and blemishes.

The product does none of the above and actually helps with congestion

The quality of this product does not justify the price. I do not mind spending money on skin care that works but this was simply a waste!!

on 5/19/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

makes me break out in an angry whiteheads! i get the brightening effect, however it lasts for a day MAX, and the sore pimples that are left for the week are not worth it. overpriced, too! have tried a lot from the REN line now as i won quite a few products. all seem disappointing :( more hype over results, as per