REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 1/16/2008 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

There's no doubting this is a strong peel, so as the product information says, it is NOT for sensitive skin. I have acne-prone skin with blackheads on my nose and after leaving the peel on my face for 10min, it worked like a dream and lifted them out. My skin looked great straight after and it was glowing the next day. I'd say I would actually use this a couple of times a week to get the most benefit out of it. I didn't have any tingling sensation when I used it, so it was comfortable for me. I will edit my review after extensive use and I will see whether it prevents future breakouts.

ETA: I bought it after the success of the sample. It has not replicated the stunning results that occurred when I used it the first time, but I think this is because my skin is considerably better and has less gunk to get rid of. I will continue to use this, probably twice a week to get rid of the blemishes. If your skin can handle it, you won't regret it.

on 3/7/2008 9:35:00 AM

Great stuff. I use only once a week, as directed, and it clears up any little blocked pores on my nose and around my chin and leaves my skin really smooth.

I'd try a sample first if you have sensitive skin, and odn't leave on for longer than the recommended 10 minutes - this stuff may be all natural, but it's strong!
Super stuff-very impressed by this.

on 3/16/2008 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My skin has gotten really dried out from the Winter season this year and my usual exfoliators weren't doing the job. Although my skin is sensitive, I gave this mask a shot as I have a lot of faith in REN products. Consistency is a cross between apricot jam and applesauce and smells good enough to spread on toast! I didn't experience any burning, but within the 5 minute mark it started to tingle and sting enough to be uncomfortable. I made it to 8 minutes before rinsing. Even with cold water and repeated rinses, my face continued to tingle for a good 15 minutes afterwards. My skin looked slightly pink in patches - no obvious rashes or welts developed, thank goodness. Results were really good in the morning --- the rough areas on my cheeks and around the mouth were smoothed out, blackheads on my nose were literally lifted out of the pores so that I was able to extract them, and even my deep laugh lines appeared to be shallower. I was a little worried about this mask at first, but I find that it does work extremely well. Just take very good care if you have sensitive skin like me or if you're not used to doing home peels. Rinse the product off if the tingling sensation becomes unbearable...definitely don't leave this on for more than 10 minutes as recommended! At this time, I would probably be able to tolerate using this mask 1-2x a month at most. ~~~INGREDIENTS: polysorbate 60 (source rape seed oil) * glycerin (source coconut oil) * bergamot fruit water * lecithin (source soybean) * lactic acid (source wheat) * black currant seed extract * grapeseed oil * passiflora quadrangularis fruit extract * lemon fruit extract * grape fruit extract * alcohol denat. (source grape) * cranberry seed oil * xantham gum (source corn) * maltodextrin * papaya fruit extract * parfum (100% natural fragrance) * orange oil * mandarin orange peel oil * tangerine peel oil * grapefruit seed oil * limonene * linalool * citral * phenoxyethanol (source aromatic ether) * sodium hydroxymethyl glycinate (source amino acid) * seabuckthorn berry oil * tocopherol (vitE)

If you can deal with the thought of sticking what feels and smells like apricot jam on your face, give this a go! I have fairly sensitive skin but I can use this for ten minutes once a week without any stinging or reaction. My skin looks looks so clear and healthy and glowing. Definately wants to make me try a few more ren products!

UPDATE - still using this a few months later, amazing stuff it makes my skin feel incredible and look amazing (just don't leave it longer than the time recomends!)

on 3/31/2008 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This peel mask is fantastic, the best one I have every used, a million times better than the MD Skincare Alpha-Beta skin peel. I have been using it once a week for 3 weeks now. My skin starts tingling after a few minutes so I just leave it on for the recommended 10 minutes before washing off. Afterwards, my skin feels really smooth and soft. It really helps with reducing/removing blackheads, and reducing pore size. Price is a little steep but definitely worth it considering the aseptic packaging (which means they don't need to use parabens in the formulation) and it's a natural product that actually does what it claims to do.

on 4/15/2008 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

As I have used all the other Ren masks with success, I did not hesitate to buy this one when it was released.
When I applied this, I felt only very slight tingling, and after I removed it, a few minutes later my skin feels like it is tightening (but not in an unpleasant way). The most noticeable thing was that on and around my nose, all the blackheads had come to the surface and made them easier to extract, making that area so smooth and clear. I was hoping it to have more of an effect on my acne scars, but it did not make much difference to them, but overall, my skin is much smoother and texture is improved.
I have now finished my pump bottle of this mask, it lasted about 3-4 months (I used it once a week). I would repurchase this because I like what it does for blackheads - I haven't come across anything else as effective.

on 4/20/2008 9:22:00 AM

An amazing mask! It contains lactic, glycolic, tartaric and citric acid and papain enzyme. It is recommended for congested and mature skin, post acne scarring, blemishes and blackheads plus sun damaged skin. But, itīs not for sensitive skin, remember! The mask itself is strong, although itīs natural, so be careful. And the most important thing, use sunscreen after you have used this.

I have only used a sample of this, but I immediately saw resluts. I get blemishes, blackheads and clogged pores occasionally, and this mask really helped me with my problems, even though I have only used it once.

The mask smells and feels like apricot jam on my skin, but it smells pretty strong. I left it on for 10 minutes, it didnīt tingle or burn on my skin, but it can, so be careful and donīt have it on any longer than ten minutes!

After I had washed it off, my skin was soft, but not red, but your skin can react differently on it, it depends on your skin type.

Then, to the results. The next day my skin was glowing, it was soft, the pimples were smaller, and my blackheads too. The dry areas that I had very completely gone!

But because I have only used once, I will update if I see any change.

I admit it. I saw this on InStyle's yearly list of best beauty buys and the following week I was in Sephora getting the last box of this.
The magazine review listed it as a radiance mask, so that's what I was expecting. That's what I got. My skin looks brighter, as if someone turned on the light. I have blackheads, some breakouts--I'll be buying the clay mask based on the good reviews--and this lightened the appearance of them on my nose. That said, I wouldn't rate this as a blackhead clearing mask, to me that's a bonus, so don't buy this based on that. The packagaging clearly states it's NOT for sensitive skin. I felt no burning or tingling with this. I was hesitant to buy because of the feared price/hype ratio, but I'm pleased.

on 5/6/2008 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mask is ahhhmazing!! I really get excited when i'm about to put this on. It smells great (like dried fruit), feels good on, and it's easy to wash off. But most importantly it gives results...my face was brighter, more even and very smooth. Give this mask a try!!

UPDATE: This stuff got "moldy" after 5 months and started to smell horrible. I had to throw it out, which was a bummer because i had a lot of product left. It says it has a nine month expiration date but mine didn't..I guess. I'm going to contact REN because i purchased my products from the REN website. So, it's not like i got expired or a bunk product. I wouldn'y buy from this line again.

on 5/27/2008 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for the first time last week and I loved it! It gave my skin a complete make over. I was amazed at how soft it made my skin.....I couldn't stop touching it. It also gave me a more youthful appearance. I look forward to using this product on a weekly basis.