Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

4.1

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 7/4/2016 9:11:00 PM

I do believe this is a very good product. This is a light glycolic mask and can be used for 10-35 mins depending on your skin type/sensitivity and other products in your regime. It is an orange-y looking paste with a pleasant smell/texture and it tingles slightly. I believe the tube will allow for about 20 total mask applications give or take depending upon how heavily you choose to apply it. Yes it doesn't have as high glycolic concentrations as other products out on the market but it is a mask and it works great. It is an elegant formulation, really, and doesn't irritate or cause me any redness or irritation. And it WORKS. I essentially use this to "de-gunk" my skin when it fills oily/clogged/in need of a chemical "scrub" to get a layer off and be clear and bright again. I use it on days I don't want to use a manual/salt scrub/feel my skin won't be able to tolerate a scrub ... but desire the brightening and plumping effects and need something to brighten my complexion and remove surface impurities overall. It's expensive but it works every time I need it and $55 divided by 20 masks makes this worthwhile for me overall.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I do like this product used as a daily exfoliant. As it only contains 6.5% alpha hydroxy acids, using it once a week really isn't going to do much. However, as a nightly or every other night treatment, it keeps the dry flaky skin I get from using OTC retinol at bay without irritation. However, it is pricey for the amount of product ( 1.7 oz). I was able to get about 25 application from one tube of this. This is an orange gel/paste consistency and smells to me like a blend of hay and cardboard. I do not detect the orange scent that others have mentioned. For me, it gently exfoliates dry, dead surface skin with a minimum of a stinging sensation. I do like to leave this on for 15-30 minutes for best results. However, if you are new to using glycolic acid masks, use per the label directions. I would not repurchase because for the price, small amount of product and low percentage of AHAs it is not worth it.

To Read all 193 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/29/2016 10:58:00 PM

I love this product! I have been using this once a week for about 2 months now, and it has really helped my skin stay clear. I also notice my skin glows after using this. I leave it on around 35 minutes to an hour, but I recommend starting with the 10 to see how it goes. REN has easily become my new favorite skincare line. This product is phenomenal. I love the texture of it, and the smell is nice as well. Also, it's so easy to get off at the end. I recommend this to all of my friends.

on 5/20/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this mask for the face and use it regularly, particularly before an event or after a heavy session of celebrating something. I find it smooths, plumps and refines making my skin look better than it really should given the circumstances.
However, Ive just discovered a new use for it...I, inspite of being careful to moisturise my hands with a thick hand cream before bed, I am 48 for goodness sake and being lax at wearing gloves for household tasks find my hands looking more aged than I would like, decided they were looking rather ragged.
I put a small blob on the back of my hand (it is rather expensive) rubbed the back of my hands together until the mask had covered my gnarly knuckles especially and the area one usually associates with ageing and left for about 10 mins.
A quick rinse with lukewarm water, pat dry and a follow up of hand cream resulted in much softer, less aged looking mitts.
A far better result than I usually get with a hand scrub of various types followed by a hand cream.
Because of the price, I shall reserve this treatment for before an event or if my hands are particularly hammered during winter months but definatley keep this in my arsenal for the great results.

on 3/28/2016 5:04:00 PM

This is very weak with an acid concentration of 7%. Most glycolic cleansers are more than this and I'm already using things around the 25% mark. This did nothing for me. Juice Beauty Green apple peel is so much better for cheaper so I recommend that over this any day.

on 3/1/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am very happy with this mask. I haven’t noticed great changes to my skin, but I have noticed, with 2 uses once a week, my skin is a little more plump and awake, some very fine lines have diminished. And I know is this mask because it is the only new element in my routine, so I believe it will become part of my weekly skincare routine.
I will say that on the 8th minute I did start feeling a tingling/stinging sensation on my face, that when I took the mask off, my face felt firmer, but I haven’t noticed no big changes, but then again it isn’t one of my skin problems.

on 3/1/2016 2:49:00 AM

After having only used this mask once, it is hands down one of THE BEST MASKS I HAVE EVER USED!

It has a syrupy like texture, as if you're rubbing honey on your face. The packaging is really sanitary - just a pump with a little cap - and I like how you can see how much product you have left.

Before trying this mask, I had struggled with some pesky breakouts all across my forehead and chin. The texture of my skin just felt a bit bleh so I was really interested to see the results.The product itself left my skin feeling radiant, soft and refined straight after. My pores appeared visibly smaller and I had this incredible glow. The next morning, nearly all my breakouts had come to a head and any smaller spots were gone.

My only dislike is the smell which resembles orange cough syrup but you soon get over it. AMAZING!!

on 1/3/2016 9:53:00 PM

This is one of the most effective chemical exfoliants/masks I've ever used. I received a deluxe size sample (a little goes a long way, I still have half left despite weekly use for the last few months) in a beauty subscription box

It has a thick gel consistency and I apply a thin layer over my face after cleansing. I leave it on for 10-30 minutes, then wash with warm water. It does not sting at all.

It leaves my skin exfoliated and "glowy" and is definitely a go to product for me. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a gentle, chemical exfoliant and would purchase the full size.

on 11/5/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Because I've seen so many people debating on this in their sephora VIB carts I decided to write a review! I've owned this mask for two years, well beyond its "best before" date, but it's still good and smells perfectly fine, so let that be a testament to how long this investment can last you. I always have about 6 masks on the go at any given time, and it takes me forever to use up anything. This is my absolutely favourite exfoliating mask. It doesn't burn or sting my sensitive skin (Exfolikate), or feel dry and tight after (Glamglow). I love the product and go into it below.

It comes out in a light consistency orange jelly like emulsion with soft white granules. The scent is similar to Ole Henriksens truth line, but lighter. I am very sensitive to fragrance and it doesn't bother me one bit. I apply a moderate amount all over a freshly cleansed face and keep it on for 10 - 15 minutes. It stays tacky, so tie your hair up. But no tingling, itching, burning or sensitivity to speak of. Which is huge! It washes off smoothly and the beads offer minimal mechanical exfoliation. Because the packing is in the form of a pump you can control the exact amount you get, I find a full pump is allows me to liberally apply on my whole face.

I really like that this doesn't make my skin feel dry or irritated. Just supple and smooth, because I live in Alberta Canada, which has a winter very similar to Sibera in Russia. It's considered a desert, I need exfoliation. It's gentle, effective and an awesome price for the amount you get. Would repurchase!

LOVE the slight tingle I get from this product. Not a mask in the sense that it dries and tightens on your face. This "wet" mask suits me better and do believe it gives a great resurfacing and brightens and smooths my face. Could be a bit less expensive though