Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 8/20/2017 9:12:00 AM

I've got this based on all the great reviews at MUA and had high hope on this mask. The texture is very sticky and it takes some time to spread onto the face. My face felt some tingles for few minutes and I would wash it off at 10 minutes mark. It does takes some time to wash it away and warm water really helps too.

To be honest, I don't see much difference after use. Maybe this is not for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product sounds like a great option to keep skin clear and glowing but I wasn't entirely convinced it would suit my extremely difficult oily yet super sensitive skin. Generally finding a product that doesn't give me a rash or break me out is a challenge and add to this the fact that this is not recommended for sensitive skin. I'm super happy to report that this works like a dream. Used it last night, left it on for 10 minutes during which I did not experience any tingling or burning and this morning my skin was lovely, smooth and glowing. The only reason I did not give it full 5 stars is because of the smell. I find it very artificial and not particularly nice but considering the end result I'm sure this is something I can live with for 10 minutes. Highly recommend and I will definitely repurchase.

I recently used a trial size sample of this that I bought as a lot. The product itself was sticky and not all together pleasant to put on. I allowed the ten minute period that it said to leave on, then washed off. Under my right eye, a large spot appeared (swollen, red and raw). I washed my face again and applied moisturizer. This was 3 weeks ago. The spot doesn't go away, and peels. I'm really upset!!

This is a pretty gentle exfoliating mask. I have a number of chemical exfoliants in my rotation and this tends to get trotted out when my skin is feeling more delicate. I see this as a good option for people who are new to chemical exfoliation, because it is a gentle introduction, or for more advanced users who need something less aggressive every once in a while.

I got it as part of a kit where it was packaged in a squeeze tube, not the same packaging as the full-size, so I can't accurately comment on how good the more common packaging is.

on 4/25/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is way too strong for sensitive skin. I have rosacea and the fragrance in it alone was enough to turn me bright red. It is full of fragrance ingredients, citrus byproducts, and extracts. :\ Then take into account the percentage of glycolic acid... my face was in big trouble.

Now if you have normal - tough skin, this might be right up your alley. I am a big fan of AHAs (I.E glycolic acid) in skincare. It will exfoliate skincells for a more even result. This just didn't work for me.

on 4/12/2017 4:38:00 PM

The same as in this review:
"I had high hopes for this mask, as I love REN Evercalm. I followed instructions and let sit for 10 minutes, as soon as I went to wipe it off in instantly had tiny little bumps/acne forming all over my forehead, and side of my face."

Can't use it and will not buy again. Smells unnaturally.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this in my Ipsy bag and am so sad the little tube is running out! It's kinda like putting a sweet smelling, honey like substance all over your face. It tingles and burns ever so slightly. I've left it on for as long as a half hour and when it remove it my skin is absolutely glowing!

One word of caution - don't aggressively exfoliate before using this mask. I microdermabrasioned before using this one night and then used this mask, and a few hours my face became freakishly red and raw, enough to necessitate topical steroids!

on 1/19/2017 4:33:00 PM

I've got a sample of this mask. I tried it and did not fit me at all. It smells like fresh orange. After 2 days of the first use my skin got flaky and dry. My skin is combo to oily.

on 1/3/2017 2:51:00 AM

Cannot stress how much I am obsessed with this one. I use it about once a week and have even gotten my friends who do not spend on skincare at nearly the rate I do to convert. Has lasted a fabulously long time barely a dent in the bottle despite having it since July. Gives you such a glow when you wake up in the morning and the citrus is yummy. Basically the mask version of the Pixi Glow Tonic!

on 3/8/2017 2:48:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mask as I love the Ren brand global protection cream. I followed instructions and let sit for 10 minutes, as soon as I went to wipe it off in instantly had tiny little bumps/acne forming all over my forehead, and side of my face.

I typically and overall smooth complexion with the exception of occasional 1-2 hormonal acne at times.

Very disappointed and returned to Sephora the next day.