Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

4.1

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 1/19/2017 4:33:00 PM

I've got a sample of this mask. I tried it and did not fit me at all. It smells like fresh orange. After 2 days of the first use my skin got flaky and dry. My skin is combo to oily.

on 1/3/2017 2:51:00 AM

Cannot stress how much I am obsessed with this one. I use it about once a week and have even gotten my friends who do not spend on skincare at nearly the rate I do to convert. Has lasted a fabulously long time barely a dent in the bottle despite having it since July. Gives you such a glow when you wake up in the morning and the citrus is yummy. Basically the mask version of the Pixi Glow Tonic!

on 12/9/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like a mask that only needs ten minutes to do it's job. I don't have a lot of time and am often rushing in the morning - which is when I like to use this mask. I use it in the shower. My skin looks and feels brighter, fresher, nourished and smooth.

on 12/7/2016 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was a disappointment for me, especially in light of the hype it's gotten as Ren's standout mask. The use by date is 6 months after opening and I've just reached that date today - still have half a tube left but frankly, I'm not sorry to toss it. I used this about once or twice a week for that six month period and never noticed any real results. I have sensitive skin, which Ren does caution about using this mask on, but I didn't experience any irritation from it. It simply didn't do anything, My detailed thoughts below:

What it claims to do:

'An instant complexion-perfecting mask that brightens and renews skintone and texture, minimizes pores, diminishes hyperpigmentation, and reduces the appearance of fine lines in as little as 10 minutes.'

So alot of typical ad copy hyperbole here that unsurprisingly the mask fails to live up to. No, there are no instant results - my face basically looks the same after I rinse this off 10-15 mins later. I have used the Ren Instant Flash Facial which is a grittier scrub before and with that one, I def saw results immediately (the scent was a dealbreaker though - smelled like blood). So I expected more from this one and didn't get it. I don't think it minimised my pores at all or even cleaned them out.

As for hyperpigmentation and fine lines, I can't speak for this mask's effectiveness in treating those issues as I don't have either of them. I have to side eye any topical treatment which claims to minimise wrinkles in just ten minutes though. Sorry, not buying it.

How it felt:

This is a thick consistency akin to marmalade with a similar orangey sort of scent. The scent isn't unpleasant at all (unlike the flash facial) so I didn't mind it. However, this is a very sticky gluey consistency and it never really dries down. It tends to be messy and so I preferred to use it after cleansing my face but before getting into the shower, so any stickiness woubut we washed off easily. I don't think hands are adequate to remove something as thick as this. I definitely needed a hot cloth. I didn't experience any irritation other than some slight tingling. I don't think this mask is as strong as it purports to be.

Packaging:

The packaging is very good - practical, sensible and hygienic. I do like the fact that Ren's masks are all vacuum packed in a little plastic pouch inside the main tube because it prevents air from getting into the ingredients and causing them to deteriorate. After the plastic top is pulled off, an extra little nozzle is attached to cover the dispensing hole, which is a thoughtful touch. You simply pump out as much product as you need - a tablespoon or so is more than enough imo. I have no complaints about the packaging whatsoever.

Would I rebuy?

No, this was such a mediocre product for me. It didn't even provide short term results, let alone long term term ones. The formula left alot to be desired and was not at all cosmetically elegant in feel. I don't think the price is in line with the quality of this mask. You can get more effective products elsewhere for less.

I do not understand the good review as I could not see any effect after using the mask. Neither immediate, nor long-term. Simply nothing. Yet the product has a lovely consistency, colour and smell, and generally nice to work with.

on 11/11/2016 9:20:00 AM

I think I picked this up because I read a great review from a beauty blogger. I have glycolics from MUAC that are much stronger, but I really like this product. It doesn't sting my skin or leave it at all red, but it definitely leaves my skin looking refreshed and super soft. I really love that I can use it on my neck and d├ęcolletage which are MUCH more sensitive than my face. It's pricey, but if I only use it on those 2 areas and use the stronger stuff on my tough old face, it will make it more cost effective. It has a weird smell. Not bad, but certainly doesn't smell like oranges to me. It's very forgiving from a timing standpoint. I slather it on and go about doing stuff around the house then eventually jump in the shower. I'd recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this mask, doesn't irritate my hyper sensitive skin just delivers a perfect boost to radiance and texture. I tend to leave it on a fair while past the recommended time (about an hour) but I'm a frequent AHA and BHA user. Bottom line is although pricey it's effective and I can't recommend it enough

on 7/4/2016 9:11:00 PM

I do believe this is a very good product. This is a light glycolic mask and can be used for 10-35 mins depending on your skin type/sensitivity and other products in your regime. It is an orange-y looking paste with a pleasant smell/texture and it tingles slightly. I believe the tube will allow for about 20 total mask applications give or take depending upon how heavily you choose to apply it. Yes it doesn't have as high glycolic concentrations as other products out on the market but it is a mask and it works great. It is an elegant formulation, really, and doesn't irritate or cause me any redness or irritation. And it WORKS. I essentially use this to "de-gunk" my skin when it fills oily/clogged/in need of a chemical "scrub" to get a layer off and be clear and bright again. I use it on days I don't want to use a manual/salt scrub/feel my skin won't be able to tolerate a scrub ... but desire the brightening and plumping effects and need something to brighten my complexion and remove surface impurities overall. It's expensive but it works every time I need it and $55 divided by 20 masks makes this worthwhile for me overall.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I do like this product used as a daily exfoliant. As it only contains 6.5% alpha hydroxy acids, using it once a week really isn't going to do much. However, as a nightly or every other night treatment, it keeps the dry flaky skin I get from using OTC retinol at bay without irritation. However, it is pricey for the amount of product ( 1.7 oz). I was able to get about 25 application from one tube of this. This is an orange gel/paste consistency and smells to me like a blend of hay and cardboard. I do not detect the orange scent that others have mentioned. For me, it gently exfoliates dry, dead surface skin with a minimum of a stinging sensation. I do like to leave this on for 15-30 minutes for best results. However, if you are new to using glycolic acid masks, use per the label directions. I would not repurchase because for the price, small amount of product and low percentage of AHAs it is not worth it.

on 5/29/2016 10:58:00 PM

I love this product! I have been using this once a week for about 2 months now, and it has really helped my skin stay clear. I also notice my skin glows after using this. I leave it on around 35 minutes to an hour, but I recommend starting with the 10 to see how it goes. REN has easily become my new favorite skincare line. This product is phenomenal. I love the texture of it, and the smell is nice as well. Also, it's so easy to get off at the end. I recommend this to all of my friends.