Maybelline Define-A-Brow

Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great applicator, great colour match for my dark brown hair (I use dark brown). You can get a really precise line and it also blends out really nicely. I always keep an extra one in case I run out.

on 3/10/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use the medium brown. It goes on easily, lasts until I take it off, and is self sharpening. The only thing I don't like is that you don't know the pencil is out until you can't twist it up any more. So I have to always have a stand by for when that happens.

To Read all 470 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/6/2016 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great!! You can get a natural brow or a strong bold brow. It's very forgivable if you make a mistake.

The worst pencil ever. It drags like crazy. Low color pay off.

on 1/11/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my go to eyebrow pencil on regular days. I have so many backups of this pencil when I was able to get it on sale. I'm satisfied with this and find it to be a close dupe to the MAC stud brow pencil. It's not as dark or sharp but it gets the job done. I love how inexpensive it was. I was able to get it for 5 dollars. I'm a happy camper.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I buy 2-3 pencils at a time, so I never run out. "Dark Blonde" matches my brow color perfectly. I really love not having to sharpen as I feel like sharpening wastes product. The pencil is a great consistency, not too soft and not too hard. And it's super easy to apply - 10 seconds on each brow and DONE. I tried the whole brush and powder with wax thing and that shit is just too complicated for me - could never master it and I always looked a mess after trying. For the record, I have decent brows naturally, good shape overall, but they need filling in because the hair is not quite dark or dense enough inside. This pencil is perfect for giving my sparse brows just enough prominence to balance out my features.

This pencil in dark blonde is comparable to Anastasia Brow Wiz in taupe and for half the price. The packaging is not that great, but neither is the brow wiz. I highly recommend if you use brow wiz and want to save a few bucks.

I have used this for soooo long and have given it like zero respect...looking down on it and thinking in the back of my mind I'm just waiting for something better to come along...but, truth? This is my must have brow pencil, period. I've gone through at least ten of them. It's amazing because of the incredibly fine point on the pencil and the fact that is automatic, eliminating the need for a sharpener. I also use the little plastic comb on the end, although it snapped off on the most recent one I bought. I use it to extend the edges of my brows slightly (this is where I appreciate the micro point) and also to fill in my entire brow. Reliable. Inexpensive. Well designed. Props, Maybelline! Now please don't d/c this!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Absolutely a 5 star product! After trying every brow product on the planet (I work at Sephora) I've dubbed this my go-to brow product.

The Basics:

Perfect color (dark blonde is the perfect taupey/ashy undertoned NATURAL blonde)
Perfect consistency (solid enough to create precision lines yet creamy enough to glide smoothly without tugging)
Perfect size (teeny tiny pencil fits in my purse/pocket/whatever and it makes the cleanest, most hairlike lines!)
Perfect packaging (cute green with and despite other naysayers regarding the comb at the end...IT IS AWESOME! It is great for grooming brows and I also like it for separating my lashes after clumpy mascara)
Perfect wear (stays fresh all day, never smudges or runs or wears off!)

More Detail:

The pencil is thin and is a twist up so it doesn't need sharpening. People complain about it breaking off easily, well yeah if you twist it up too much it will obviously break off. You have to twist up only a small amount and voila! No breaking!

My Routine:

I like to outline my brows before filling them in and have been looking for something that can produce a thin, defined and precise line. This baby is it! It works just as well as Anastasia Brow Wiz and was only 4 bucks! Then I use short hair like strokes to fill in the brow. There is absolutely nothing else that provides as natural of a brow as this product. I like to use it by itself on days where I'm in a hurry because it's a lot quicker than my brush and pomade routine. On days where I want a little more fuller/dramatic brows I do the same as mentioned above and then fill in over top with my pomade/gel.

I highly recommend this product especially if you are platinum blonde like me and have a hard time finding colors that are cool toned/natural looking or if you are a fan of cleanly shaped and defined natural brows.

on 10/25/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this product - I use the 'dark blonde' color and it makes my medium brown brows look so natural and full, not garish like when I use dark brown pencils (I have cool toned blonde highlighted hair) I hate the packaging, the thin twist up feels like I could easily snap the entire stick in half, the comb on the end of this sucks, and the actual product itself has literally just crumbled off with the slightest touch of pressure. Overall, color is GREAT and looks good, but the packaging leaves little to be desired.

Popular Brows Products