Maybelline Define-A-Brow [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Define-A-Brow [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

This was my go-to eyebrow pencil for a loooong time.. I was so upset that they discontinued it! I wanted to write this review to recommend another drugstore eyebrow pencil to everyone looking for a replacement for the Maybelline Define a Brow-- try the NYX micro brow pencil! It may be even better, and it comes with a spoolie on the other end instead of the weird plastic brush thing the Maybelline one had. I think it might be a dollar or so more expensive. Just trying to help out people going through the same struggle I did, of having to find a new eyebrow pencil!

This was my HG eyebrow pencil. I am in utter disarray that it has been discontinued. I am a professional mixologist and this stuff not only looks completely natural, it's staying power is indisputable as I work 10 hour shifts running around like a madwoman; this product does not budge. I bought all that I could find. I use the shade Medium Brown. I found some Dark Blonde, so I went ahead and bought those also. I have tried L'Oreal's Brow Stylist Definer in Brunette and it doesn't compare, with one exception, it has a spoolie brush whereas the Define A Brow had a weird, non pliant comb. I will proceed to go cry into my Cheerios after my last pencil is gone :(

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If you're still buying the MAC pencil in Spiked for $16 save your money. Both the L'oreal Brow Stylist Definer and Maybeline Define -a-Brow, both in color Dark Brown are dupes for this product/color and can be found in any high street drug store.

BOTH created extremely thin lines, BOTH had the same consistency and last just as long, BOTH are the exact same color (Yes people, Spiked is just Macs fancy way of saying DarkBrown). The only difference I could tell after trying all 3 was the label and the extra wasted $. on Mac.

My favorite eyebrow pencil ever. I use the dark blonde color, which is the perfect ashy tone to look natural for anyone with blonde or light brown hair. Much more flattering than a taupe shade. The stick is very small so the strokes look very natural, especially on the tails of the eyebrows. The twist up design makes it very convenient and quick to apply. It is very pigmented and the perfect consistency and amount of slip that is ideal for an eyebrow pencil. The packaging is nothing fancy but it does its job. And at this price point who cares. This product is just as good if not better than the Benefit and Anastasia twist up brow pencils. I would buy this over the Benefit equivalent for this shade because the Maybelline one is more ashy, which looks more natural. A real gem at the drugstore. 10/10

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great applicator, great colour match for my dark brown hair (I use dark brown). You can get a really precise line and it also blends out really nicely. I always keep an extra one in case I run out.

on 3/10/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use the medium brown. It goes on easily, lasts until I take it off, and is self sharpening. The only thing I don't like is that you don't know the pencil is out until you can't twist it up any more. So I have to always have a stand by for when that happens.

on 3/6/2016 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great!! You can get a natural brow or a strong bold brow. It's very forgivable if you make a mistake.

The worst pencil ever. It drags like crazy. Low color pay off.

on 1/11/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my go to eyebrow pencil on regular days. I have so many backups of this pencil when I was able to get it on sale. I'm satisfied with this and find it to be a close dupe to the MAC stud brow pencil. It's not as dark or sharp but it gets the job done. I love how inexpensive it was. I was able to get it for 5 dollars. I'm a happy camper.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I buy 2-3 pencils at a time, so I never run out. "Dark Blonde" matches my brow color perfectly. I really love not having to sharpen as I feel like sharpening wastes product. The pencil is a great consistency, not too soft and not too hard. And it's super easy to apply - 10 seconds on each brow and DONE. I tried the whole brush and powder with wax thing and that shit is just too complicated for me - could never master it and I always looked a mess after trying. For the record, I have decent brows naturally, good shape overall, but they need filling in because the hair is not quite dark or dense enough inside. This pencil is perfect for giving my sparse brows just enough prominence to balance out my features.

Popular Brows Products