no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I have been wearing Nicoletta in the loose powder for almost two years before deciding to get the Compact as well. As many of the previous users have mentioned the colour are very different. The compact Nicoletta is one and a bit lighter than the loose form. I am not unhappy with the fact for it helps brighten my sometimes ruddy complexion. However I'd prefer it to be the exact colour like the its sister as that Nicoletta match my skintone perfectly (I am an NC25 in Mac). LBD staff emailed me that the colour to match its loose form is called Marta. But since I dont have access to the product in Sydney - I have to grab it off strawberrynet...and let me tell you, I have never seen that colour sold from that site for the past couple of months waiting for it to show up ;( LBD is by far my prefered mineral foundation. I find it give the right coverage,texture and consistency to my combination sensitive skin. It never ever break me out or itch and all those unpleasant feeling of having a sensitive skin. Another brand closest to the texture is Jane Iradele, but again JI does not give me the coverage I want from the first application.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

8 years ago

i used to have to apply several products to my skin to make it look flawless but now i just need one - and it's either the pressed or loose mineral powder from LBD. i have dry, sensitive skin and with my other makeup (NARS, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown etc), my skin would always look red and sensitive mid-day. since i started using LBD, my skin looks amazing all day and i don't even have to re-touch my makeup. i just wish it came with a sponge applicator and the compact had room to fit one in but in have to carry a separate brush)

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

10 years ago

I love, love, love La Bella Donna! This is the most finely milled mineral foundation out there and one of the few lines that actually has a shade to match my skin tone (Crema). I use it alone for light/medium coverage and over a liquid (either prescriptives or shu uemura) for full. If I end up with a bit of shine at the end of the day I opt for a translucent powder/blotting paper as this will get cakey if you over apply. Definitely prefer the pressed over the loose.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

12 years ago

i'm still undecided as far as whether or not i like this more than jane iredale; of note: i do have oily skin and the first few times i used it with a chisel brush, it was thick and cakey and gross. i used a bigger, fluffier, rounder brush the last time and it had a much nicer finish and seemed to sit better throughout the day. i hope that is helpful for someone...

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

12 years ago

My whole life I searched for makeup that could cover my flaws without getting cakey or melt off during the heat of the day. Since I was 13 or so, I was pretty much miserable and unhappy with everything I tried. I have combo skin and get really oily in my T-zone and tend to break out a lot. My skin has always been an issue in my life and I suffered through serious bouts of self-confidence problems because of it. Well lo and behold, along came La Bella Donna Pressed Mineral Foundation. I got a facial at a really nice spa and the facialist introduced me to the line. I have been a huge fan ever since. This stuff is nothing short of a miracle. Its so easy to apply and covers everything! No more concealer, then foundation, then powder like I used to do. This stuff is pretty much all-in-one. It's awesome. I just wash my face in the morning and then brush on my pressed powder, add a little blush and mascara and I'm good to go. My face rarely breaks out anymore and I love that it has a nice SPF as well. I can wear it all day and then come home and STILL look great. It's so light that you can even sleep or exercise in it, which I don't do, but I could if I wanted! Yes, it's expensive, but it's high-quality stuff and well worth the $50 in my opinion. Just great. I love it. I'll most likely use it for the rest of my life.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

12 years ago

I have honestly tried all the expensive mineral lines out there and this is by far my favorite. It doesn't break me out like many others do and it covers all my imperfections to make my skin look super smooth. It is on the pricey side but definitely worth it!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

14 years ago

i have it in both marta and nicoletta. i must say the quality is simply the best in mineral makeups but the choice of colour is limited. sometimes, i don't believe it's minearl and it's got a creamy scent. i love the pressed version better, as it's less dewy/shiny. it's best to apply with a brush, as using the sponge will give a dull look. however, i found the coverage is less than the loose ones, it provides a healthy, even tones skin natural look for the day. and it's got spf too. the flat round compact is quite classy and convinient.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

from

14 years ago

This has been my HG fx for 3 years now. Although the purchase price is kinda high ($50) hte product lasts and lasts -- so if you run a lifecycle analysis on the product, it really isn't expensive at all! The Pressed Min Fx is so convenient, it goes everywhere w/me & is great to travel with. I agree w/other reviewers on dumping the provided sponge & using instead, a flocked sponge or a brush. I have nightmare skin - cystic acne, super sensitive, allergy prone & oil-slick -- this is the ONLY fx that has ever really improved my skin while looking natural & not like a mask. The coverage is awesome. My skin hasn't looked this good (with or without makeup) since I was 7 years old! As others have mentioned, Less is More. I will NEVER go back to dept store Fx after using minerals-- & LaBellaDonna is the Rolls Royce of Mineral Makeup.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesHazel

15 years ago

After amassing a drawerful of mineral makeup, I find this is the one I always go back to. I love that it can be applied wet or dry (although I seldom use it wet) and that the coverage is buildable without getting cakey. It applies smoothly either with a puff or with a brush (best of all with Jane Iredale's Handi Brush), and I can just add a little more with my finger on spots that need a concealer. Quick, easy, and natural looking.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry

HairOther

EyesGreen

from

15 years ago

Well I like this powder. I use it w/ a big brush on my T zone & over foundation. It gives good coverage & Nicoletta is a perfect match for me. It seems to be loosely milled enough so that it comes off the pan very easily. So a big brush is needed to disperse it-otherwise it can sit thickly on skin. But it is a lovely fine-milled powder, as is their eyeshadow.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55