Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5% Octyl Methoxycinnamate), Octisalate (2% Octyl Salicylate) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 6/2/09

on 7/26/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the face cream. Its soothing. Doesnt clog my pores. My face feels smooth. It has a semi matte finish so to say. It works beautifully under foundation. Doesnt make me oily at all. It can be expensive at $12-$15, depending on where you buy it. However, I 100% recommend you to purchase at Costco, either instore or online. The package includes 2 Aveeno face creams and a face scrub for around $19, its a steal. Considering the price of purchasing separately. Plus if you dont like it costco has an amazing return policy. Is a win win situation.

on 3/14/2015 7:01:00 AM

Liked the packaging but spf is way too low for a daily moisturiser for me. Also, strangely... it made my pee smell different which is concerning. Should check out the ingredients on the back. Also, for a moisturiser, it wasn't very moisturising.

It's an ok moisturizer, I have very dry skin, so it didn't do much for me. However, the spf is a bonus, and it's not oily at all, and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. It would be ideal for a combination/oily skin. But for dry skin, this isn't a super hydrating moisturizer, and I only use it as a primer for foundation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used to use this Aveeno moisturizer because it was available at Costco for a decent price and occasionally went on sale but I've since realized it's not a good choice for my skin and lifestyle.

First off, the advertised SPF shouldn't be relied on because people rarely apply enough moisturizer to get the protection. I know I didn't. One of the active ingredients, avobenzone, is notorious for destabilizing other sunscreens so it's not as easy as just applying another sunscreen over it either and as I'm not a cosmetic chemist I don't want to take chances.

It wasn't the best at moisturizing and if I accidentally got any into my eyes (which happens because have dry eyelids and apply moisturizer there) it stung there too. Or even if I happened to sweat, it would migrate into my eyes and there would be that icky pain of a chemical sunscreen in the eyes. The microshimmer made my skin look somewhat oily despite it being dehydrated-normal. I didn't see any improvement in the long run whether it was evening my skin tone, texture, or brown spots.

I know there are some people who use this and like it (my sister, for one) but I think it is mostly because it is a cost effective readily available option. It may not be a bad choice for someone who spends most of their time indoors and doesn't need much moisture.

on 8/3/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I have bought it twice now. Makes my skin feel and look great. I have dry skin, and I use a full pump on each cheek, and another one on my forehead. Then let it sink in a bit, and have no problem with applying makeup, the stuff is not greasy on me. Smell is nice. Price is fine, just wait for a coupon or a sale and snag a few.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Unlike the other reviewers, I didn't notice any sparkle.
I bought this when I was unfamiliar with moisturizers and I have to say, I still like it.
I put it on in the morning before I wear any makeup (but make sure to wait about 10 minutes before applying makeup)

It works well and does the job! It absorbs into the skin well. Not too greasy. I have very oily skin and it somewhat controls the oil.

I bought this just to try out, and for a long time, maybe a handful of months, I was absolutely loving it! Then for some odd reason, it became very sticky, heavy and made my face feel very oily and greasy. I don't know what happened to it, or if my skin just randomly changed, but I use to adore this. Sad I can't use it anymore :(

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It's light and not sticky and heavy, so that's good. it does it's job, which is to moisturize, and it really sinks in. I noticed that up close, my face literally sparkles like Tinkerbell, but at arm-length I look as normal I as get.
Overall, pretty good, if somewhat incredibly pricey.

on 8/29/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Didn't like the fragrance, made me break out. Liked that the spf level was there, but it felt heavy on my skin. A great alternative is the Olay Daily UV lotion.

on 7/24/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have a so so relationship with this product. I have repurchased several times over the past 8 years or so. Every time I have the same thoughts.
Pros: It imparts a slight glimmer that helps hide my imprefections.
Over time it does seem to even out my skin tone. During the winter its a heavy moisturizer and with dry skin thats a plus. But there are few cons: Its too heavy for the summer. SPF is only 15. And it can be greasy.

I am sure I will buy this again down the road since it does make my skin look great - dewy even. But I wish the SPF was higher and it wasn't as greasy. Guess you can't have it all in one product.