4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

8 years ago

I didn't like this color. It's very dark and harsh. If I have a dark color I want to be super blend-able but this has a chalky texture that's hard to work with. It's also very crumbly.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

Simply love this eyeshadow ...right that the name gold dust doesn't suit it but works great to create a smokey eye. Its much darker than it looks but not stark. This is my hg eyeshadow.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

9 years ago

I bought every Ulta eye shadow that looked even vaguely taupe on their website during a bogo sale. The way the colors show up on the website is very misleading! I ended up with some colors I really love and some that I really don't think will work on me. In hopes of helping others avoid purchasing shades they can't use, I'm summarizing them here. I also have a picture in my profile. Organza - light shimmery shade with hints of lavender Sandstone - light shimmery pinkish brown - identical to Revlon’s Nude Slip - a good base color. Mystique - My favorite out of all of these! A true medium taupe, great for the crease. It is also shimmery. Plum Smoke - My second favorite. This is another shimmery medium taupe, but with plummy undertones. Another good crease color. A perfect dupe for Elizabeth Arden's buff which I loved and is now discontinued. Gold Dust - Quite dark, given the name! There is nothing gold about it -- one of the least shimmery out of the bunch. However, it is a great neutral taupe color, excellent for lining. I am quite fond of this one! Chestnut - This has the least shimmer of them all. It is also one of my least favorite. It is a reddish brown color and just doesn't look good on me. Mesmerize - This color looks nothing like it looks in the pan! It is quite shimmery and quite red! Many reviewers mention this, but I didn't believe them -- well, believe it! This is my absolute least favorite. The quality of these shadows is excellent! They are very smooth with little fallout. The color payoff is very good and they are long lasting. I do not have a problem with the hard coating on top that some reviewers mention, even though these are the new shadows with the word Ulta imprinted on the shadow. The price ($7.00) is cheap, especially with the bogo deal ($3.50). Overall, I highly recommend these shadows and the colors are dependent on your personal preference.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

10 years ago

Wow, very glad I gave this a chance. When I went looking for it, I couldn't find it at first given it was such a dark shade to be called "Gold Dust", but then I saw it and honestly it wasn't a shade I would have picked up on a whim... but I am glad I read the reviews and tried it. I applied it all over and smoked it out a bit, and it really looks lovely on my light blue/green eyes. Smoky, but not too intense, and so smooth and blendable. I can imagine using this in the future as a crease shade for work or a good weekend all over shade that is not over the top but still sultry. Definitely worth a try! Edit: this didn't end up all that great for staying power and I sometimes felt the color looked weird.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Beautiful Deep taupe brown. I agree, Gold Dust is a VERY odd name for this shade. Either way, it is lovely. It does come off more matte than most Ulta shadows but if you look closely, there are teeny tiny specks of glitter in it that are a redish hue. I like using this in my crease VERY lightly. I have very fair skin and it doesn't take much of this shade to get the job done. I don't own a whole lot of deep brown shadows, so I would repurchase this if a day came that I ever ran out. The quality of Ulta shadows never fall below the mark, they are excellent quality for a very reasonable price. $7.00 each. Pick these up on BOGO, though, they are held very frequently. NET WT. 3.0 G/0.10 OZ

About reviewer (234 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

from

11 years ago

Gold Dust is a very odd name for this shadow, its actually a deep taupey/gray brown with a fairly matte finish & a little bit of microfine glitter. Its very similar in tone to Ulta Truffle (which is a light taupey/gray brown), but Gold Dust is several shades darker. I have Gold Dust in the new formula & its very highly pigmented & soft - its almost a bit too easy to make a mess with this if you aren't careful & overload your brush. I have the feeling based on the earlier reviews that the color of this shadow changed slightly with the reformulation to make it a bit cooler toned than previously. This pic http://img.makeupalley.com/9/2/2/5/1155728.JPG shows Ulta Truffle in the first left pan in the top row; Gold Dust is the second from the left in the bottom row for comparison. Its a nice crease shade & great for a soft smokey eye that's less harsh than most true blacks & greys, I probably won't repurchase as its a little bit too cool toned for me & I prefer Ulta Mink (similar with a much warmer red/brown undertone), but a very nice basic shadow if you're looking for a deep gray/brown for your collection. Huge Ulta pot (4 g) is easy to depot if you're so inclined & its pretty much always on sale (usually BOGOF at Ulta), but even for its regular price of $7 its a nice buy.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

11 years ago

I agree with the previous reviewer. Gold Dust shouldn't have been the name lol. It's more like a deep brown with bronze hints. It's beautiful. I have the older formula, which is not as silky as the new one, might have to re-buy it.

About reviewer (641 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrown

12 years ago

Gold Dust is an all-around great color to have in your stash. Contrary to its name, Gold Dust doesn't have any gold in it nor does it look dusty. Gold Dust is a neutral to warm-toned dark bronzey taupe. It does not have any red or orange undertones (thankfully as eyeshadows with those undertones make me look ill). I like that it can be used as a wash on your lid, or as a crease color or as a color to shade the outer "v" of your eye. It's also great if you want to do a smokey eye. Gold Dust is silky, pigmented, and blendable. What a great find! Retails for $6.50 at Ulta stores but Ulta products are often on sale as BOGOF. If you are a taupe-lover as much as I am, then you would definitely need to have this taupe eyeshadow in your collection.

About reviewer (408 reviews)

Age30-35