Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.1

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I will say that this product did not break my skin out which is why I gave it four lippies. This powder also matched my skin tone rather well. I would have given it five but I am not really satisfied with the coverage. i wasn't expecting it to have medium coverage or anything, I do realize it says Sheer in the name, but it didn't really do anything at all for slight redness and uneven skin tone. This product would be amazing for someone who doesn't need much at all in the coverage department and has breakout prone skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this ! (This is coming from a "only high end makeup is good makeup" perspective) which is stupid because that's not always true. Anyways, I love this. I don't like wearing liquid foundation it feels too heavy and I don't need all the coverage. But this is amazing, it has a light barely-there feeling yet makes my skin look flawless. I actually stipple it on with the Urban Decay optical blurring brush and my skin ends up looking so smooth. I know this product has made a difference (I wear primers, concealer, and bronzer etc) because it wasn't until I started wearing it that I've been getting the most compliments ! Very affordable. The packaging is a bit too chunky to carry around, but I tuck it away in a vanity drawer. Its light feeling for the summer weather while still providing great coverage. Impressed! Will repurchase again and again.

on 12/6/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE LOVE LOVE. My face is oily/combination & very acne prone. I use Revlon Colorstay Foundation (330 Natural Tan) and I carry the Neutrogena Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation (70 Honey Beige) in my bag to touch up my makeup throughout the day. It makes my skin smooth and hides my pores!

If I am just running errands during the day, I will use this product by itself. It gives me a nice light coverage & matte finish. HOWEVER, it does not last very long on my oily skin lol which is why I prefer to use it to touch up my makeup.

It has never broke me out (knock on wood) and I have very sensitive skin as well. Love this product overall, except I don't think they have a wide range of color selection though.

on 9/30/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love love love LOVE this powder foundation. I'm definitely more of a powder or mineral foundation girl. I will use liquid foundation but most of the time I don't have great experiences with it. I was previously using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is really nice, one of the few liquid foundations I actually like but I do have oily/combo skin and I needed something that was a powder but was still gonna give me the right amount of coverage for me. I was in CVS and noticed this Neutrogena Mineral Sheers with SPF 20. The fact that it had SPF 20 definitely made me happy cause I live in Florida where it's super hot and I always need my foundations to have SPF. I was a little nervous about the coverage this would give cause sometimes they will be more like setting powders than powders that will actually give you coverage. This one is definitely a powder foundation. It gives wonderful coverage, it evens out my skintones, hides the majority of my blemishes and even helps with my under eye circles. I still use concealer but this gives the perfection coverage for me personally. I don't like heavy coverage and this looks very natural but still evens everything out. Also it doesn't look ashy on me which is great as well. Sometimes powders will make you look extremely dry but this one is so smooth and creamy. Another plus is that it didn't break me out! My skin is pretty sensitive but this worked well with my skin. The packaging is kind of a chunky compact with a mirror and sponge. It takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag but it's okay cause that's the only downside to this product for me. The price was 13-14 dollars but I'm sure you could get it cheaper at Walmart or Target. I would definitely say if you have dry/normal skin you probably won't like this cause it's pretty matte but if you have oily skin you'll fall in love. I can't live without this powder foundation, it's great! :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily Skin and this works really great. I bought this because I find that Liquid foundation feels like I'm wearing a mask and my face ends up looking way too oily. Which I hate. But this product doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it also doesn't feel like your wearing a mask, So that's really nice. It also gives a light-medium coverage. Overall I really like this product and would definitely buy it again! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My only regret is that I didn't find this sooner!! I LOVE THIS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THERE ARENT MOREREVIEWS FOR THIS..kinda scares me at the thought that this might get discontinued. I use this after I apply my liquid foundation and set it with my E.L.F flat top brush. It does an excellent job of setting my foundation and evening out my skin tone and never feels cakey or heavy. It also does a great job of minimizing pores on my slightly oily skin, I look polished and matte after application,fresh ,and smooth. This is lightweight that blends effortlessly with sheer to medium buildable coverage.

- I love that it's oil free

- fragrance free

-spf 20

-does not break me out

-This is very gentle and non irritating

-seems to enhance my skin clarity and give me a healthy glow

-I have a hard time finding my shade and I have a perfect match Tan80

I totally recommend this to anyone that wants a quality product to set their foundation or if you just like wearing powder alone. without spending a lot of money or anyone who just prefers to wear powder. This is a inexpensive product to be since to me this is comparable to a 30-40 dollar product so 12.99 is great to me!! This mineral foundation is great and Bare Minerals can kiss it~
UPDATE NO BREAKOUTS AT ALL

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Pros: great coverage. Non-irritating. Good colors for olive complexions like mine on the yellower end of the spectrum. Gives a soft-focus effect in indoor lighting.

Cons: looked cake-y and unnatural in bright sunlight. Not enough colors to choose from--I was in between shades. Doesn't wear that naturally; fades in patches and leaves skin oily. Worst of all, as the day wears on, leaves a grayish cast to my skin. It's a very odd effect because even though the tone of the foundation is golden, it looks ashy and smudged from certain angles.

on 12/16/2010 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i have oily skin so if i use this alone...i do end up getting pretty shiny thru it...but if i use a liquid foundation then put this on top...i LOVE it. i love the color tan and thats what i always buy. ive been wearing it like 2 years now and so far....i just cant find another powder i like better...even mac..i like this just as much as i like my mac powder...it does transfer tho..i find it on my clothes at times...to be fair though...i dont usually buff it in..i just use the circular sponge that comes with it...

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this product since I'm only 13 and I don't want something that makes me look like I actually am wearing foundation. This definitely gets the job done, but I don't know about the staying power... we're heading into fall and I'm wearing jackets all the time and sometimes during tests my head would be resting against my sleeve and when I look at it, I could see the foundation on the sleeve. That's basically the only con. But I'm probably only going to wear this in the winter because the shade is just a little too light for my skin tone and I don't think it'll stay on... Overall, I do recommend this product if you're looking to cover up redness or uneven skin tones.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for about a week now and I like it. I have combo skin and this works fine for both my dry and oily area. The first time I used this I did a test. I brushed it over my bare face and promptly did my Tae bo work out. After sweating through a 30 minute workout, this sucker was still on my face! I couldn't believe it. The shade matched my skin color very well and I have a hard time finding a foundation that does because I'm a darker Filipina.
I'm only gripe, I HATE how the mirror is under the power. Very annoying when applying to have to flip back and forth. I have now idea who thought that would be a good idea. To me it seems like this would make it more prone to breaking/cracking the powder with all the flipping! I also wish it came with a brush instead of a sponge.
Overall I like it, in fact, I plan on buying another one tomorrow to keep in my purse!