Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

I do like this product although nude was a bit dark and slightly orange for my light medium yellow skin tone, I cant use it alone so at first I did not like it but with moisturizer or primer underneath worked great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

While this powder foundation isn't perfect, I've come to accept that none are. I've been using Bare Escentuals (BE) for the last couple of years, but was never quite satisfied with how it felt on my skin and the color match.
1. Color Match
I tend to fall into the light/medium range with slight golden/olive undertones; my skin is pretty fair/sallow in the winter, but I do also get a significant tan in the summer. In BE, I wore Medium Beige, which I always felt was just a tad too pink for my skin tone. Not too long ago, BE came out with Golden Medium (the same shade roughly as Medium Beige, but a more yellow undertone). Unfortunately, this was WAY too yellow for my skin tone. I found that the color 040 works well for me during the fall/winter/spring and 060 Natural Beige during the summer. Both have just enough of the golden undertones that they complement into my natural tone.
2. Application
I use a kabuki brush to apply this all over my face. Overall, I really like the way this powder feels on my skin compared the BE. The BE always felt cakey and ,honestly, a little irritating. The texture of this powder is quite silky and blendable, yet goes on matte. The coverage is light to medium. I do find myself sometimes needing a (very light) mid-day blotting...I just use the sponge with little to no powder. It's great that it's a compact, because you can cart it anywhere.
3. Acne/Sensitive Skin
So this is why I've really stayed with this foundation. The coverage isn't as good as the BE, but this product works fabulously with my EXTREMELY acne-prone and sensitive skin. I can't use any products with fragrance, harsh ingredients, heavy fillers, etc. I have not had a breakout or irritation from this product. While it doesn't cure my hormonal breakouts, it certainly doesn't aggravate them.

Paula's Choice did a review of this product, which sparked my initial purchase. Here is that review: http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/neutrogena/Mineral-Sheers/_/Mineral-Sheers-Pressed-Powder-Foundation

I purchased mine at target for around $12: http://www.target.com/p/neutrogena-mineral-sheers-compact-powder-foundation/-/A-13653315

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Tricky to apply, but does give med. coverage. By the end of the day it settled funny in wrinkles & on pimples. I would not recommend this.

I had this in my drawer in Natural Ivory 02 for some time. After trying Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation and not wanting talc in my face powder, I dug this out. For the life of me I can't recall why I had stopped using it. I tried it twice this week actually using the sponge that comes with it and it worked great! Gave me a matte finish without looking cakey, powdery or settling into lines. Way superior to the Too Faced for a third the price. I looked up the ingredients and low and behold no talc! I hate a made-up look which I got with Too Faced but Neutrogena looked much more natural. I think it must be the talc that gives the artificial powdery look. I used this over exfoliated moisturized skin then added blush and concealer on some spots. Coverage was light to moderate. I find that if I put concealer on first then the powder rubs it off and I have to reapply anyway, making it too thick. Anyway for a talc free product I would say this is a good deal. I ordered new brushes so I will try it with a brush but am actually ok with the sponge included. Wish I could return the Too Faced.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I will say that this product did not break my skin out which is why I gave it four lippies. This powder also matched my skin tone rather well. I would have given it five but I am not really satisfied with the coverage. i wasn't expecting it to have medium coverage or anything, I do realize it says Sheer in the name, but it didn't really do anything at all for slight redness and uneven skin tone. This product would be amazing for someone who doesn't need much at all in the coverage department and has breakout prone skin.

I have always been a big fan of Neutrogena products and just recently started using this foundation after returning my clinique perfectly real foundation (color was way too orange, and I even got color matched!) I'm using the color nude which is a tad light on my summer skin but looks fine with bronzer and doesn't look orange at all :) i have oily skin and this definitely holds up amazingly . I apply with the sponge it comes with then I dust a brush over my face just to get off any excess powder. Overall I am very satisfied !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Neutrogena powders! I stay away from anything that is not just a basic powder, i.e. spf, skin clearing treatments, age defying ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and I really cannot use a lot of the products out there however, I can always count on Neutrogena. I was looking for my usual Healthy Skin pressed powder which is another review but I decided to try the Mineral Pressed Powder. This one without spf is really hard to find which sucks because this is the one the I love. I use Classic Ivory 10, it's the lightest shade and it's a nice slightly neutral/warm shade. I have really cool, fair skin and it works well with my complexion. It covers the redness and any blemishes that I have and does not flake or make my dry skin look papery. After applying it, I usually gently pat the product down so that it looks a little more natural on my skin. I've used this one for about 3 months and I would definitely repurchase.

Since I just bought my 3rd compact of this I thought I should take a minute to review. I switched to mineral makeup after finally figuring out that my skin hates silicones and being tired of break outs all the time. My skin is sensitive and rosacea prone with redness in my nose and cheeks. This has improved my skin so much that I find myself using less and less as time goes on. I do use the lightest shade, 10, which is a good match, but I could see extremely fair girls having a rough time matching their color. I apply this over sunscreen with my Urban Decay optical blurring brush, as I'm not a fan of the sponge. If I need a little extra coverage I'll use a flat top brush. One coat over my entire face and a second coat over my red areas covers well. My skin tone appears even, but my freckles are still there, which is a nice natural look for me. It lasts all day, with a touch up over red areas in the evening. It doesn't dry out or irritate my face, and doesn't sink into pores or fine lines. No oxidation at all. I could see it looking powdery if you layer too much, but not a problem with light layers. The compact is bulky, and if you drop it the powder will shatter, unfortunately. It is more expensive than some, but I'll pay for a quality ds product. Walgreens and Meijer frequently put it on sale for bogo half off, so I stock up then. Overall I'm very happy with this and will continue to buy. EDIT 1/30/14: switched to Pur Minerals, as the light is a better shade for me. This was too yellow, and the Pur Minerals has better coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After suffering from Perioral dermatitis due to a cyclopentasiloxane and silicone allergy in liquid makeups, I'm so happy to have found this makeup. It's affordable and easy to find. Matches my skin very well and covers well. It's sheer to medium but I would not build it up too much. This makeup is helping my face heal. The ingredients are very safe and I have had no reactions to it at all. No itchiness, no irritation. For me that is a bonus. I do think it is slightly drying but my skin is a little fragile and dry right now. Using a non silicone primer has helped it go on even smoother (Korres Anti-aging primer is a nice non-silicone one).

I would say that if you have very sensitive skin or need a quick powder to even out your skin for daily wear this is a excellent drugstore formulation (Which is rare to find). I do think the Maybelline mineral makeup is a better finish but it makes me a itch a bit, this one does not.
the finish is matte which is good for oily skin, I'm more dry so I use a Mineral illuminating on top and it looks great, natural and my skin can breathe!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Another Neutrogena product I have used for years. I like this as a cheap alternative to Clinique's Almost Powder foundation.

This is a nice light well blending powder that does not cake or creep into fine lines. It mattes the skin but never looks chalky.

The only complaint I have is I hate the packaging. I prefer the traditional clam shell type.

Otherwise this is a great light finishing powder for anyone with slightly dry to slightly oily skin. I would not use it as a foundation as the coverage is way to sheer. But it is a great powder with sunscreen which is very hard to find.