Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.0

on 2/1/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this powder foundation. I ran out of the Healthy Skin liquid foundation, and Ulta was out of my color, so I took a chance on this because of the reviews. Even though I'm dry, this does not dry me out or look unnatural, as long as I use a brush for a sheer application. The sponge applicator packs on a lot more foundation; if you're dry it will look cakey and mask-like, so using the sponge is probably better for someone with normal to oily skin. All in all, I like it because it provides a sheer coverage that evens out my skin.

on 2/18/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have combination skin that is acne prone and thought that this would be a safe product for my skin. The ingredient list is short and Neutrogena claims that it is non-comedogenic and will not clog pores. I was really excited to try this new product because I found a shade that was a perfect match for me. Unfortunately, I had a horrible experience with this product and it caused severe cystic acne. After only two days of not using this powder, my face has cleared and I am not even wearing makeup today. This makeup was the only thing that I changed in my routine last week, so it definitely was the culprit of my cystic acne. The packaging is horrible, and it is very hard to open. It is also deceiving about how much product is in the package, so you’ll be surprised when you open it. I applied the product with a brush and avoided the sponge that is included in the package.

I've used Bare Minerals and thought I'd give this a try and I really do LOVE it. It makes my 40-something skin glow and it has yet to cause even the slightest breakout (yes, I still get the occasional zit). I love that I put it on in the AM after moisturizer and a little Yves St. Laurent Touche' Eclait under my eyes and around my nose and voila'...fabulous all day. If you need a lot of coverage this is probably not what you're looking for. But if you already have decent skin and just want to even out the tone and add a glow give this a try. Very convenient packaging is a bonus.