Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for about a month and it's your pretty average/basic powder. I liked the loose powder a bit more. I don't have anything negative to say about this product other than I didn't like the applicator pad. It just didn't seem to work very well. I liked the brush from the loose powder so much better. I use a brush to apply my powder, but if I'm out and need touch up my face I use the applicator it came with.

I got the shade Classic Ivory and it worked fine for my skin tone. This is a pretty sheer/light foundation, so it you're looking for more coverage I would try something else. I only ever put one layer on with a brush to set my foundation. I don't build up on it, but I think you could do so for a more medium coverage. It sets my foundation nicely and gives me a slightly smoother look.

I wouldn't rebuy this simply because I know there are better products for the same price.

I think it's worth a try if you need a basic everyday powder though.

on 10/3/2016 10:29:00 PM

I really like this, but it is quite sheer. If you're looking for the coverage of a powder foundation you may be disappointed-it really doesn't cover much of anything and wears like more of a setting powder...which is fine with me as I prefer setting powders and concealer rather than full foundation. Its light and smooth and feels good on the skin, not powdery or chalky or drying IMO. Combats shine for awhile, but I think my skin eats this throughout the day...by days end when I remove it with micelle water theres barely anything on the cotton pad...strange. I have this in Classic Ivory and I find it neither too white nor too yellow nor too beige...probably because its so sheer that its forgiving. Use this only if you have really good skin, or as a setting powder layered over something else

on 6/24/2016 12:08:00 PM

I really LOVE this powder. It doesnt give a ton of coverage but it sets my make up wonderfully and really helps stay put. I had been using covergirl simply powder foundation which I also love, but this one seems to look a little more natural and have better colors. I use neutrogena cream foundation in Classic Ivory but bought this in nude to add just a touch of color and it works wonderfully for my NC 15-20 skin. I highly recommend this powder. Doesnt turn orange and doesnt break me out. i have super sensitive skin. I hadnt tried this sheer powder ever before but I love it . If you go a shade darker, you will get some color but not orange. Nude is a neutral color leaning toward warm. Definitely not pink which I dont want. Not cakey at all and I layer quite a bit on.

on 10/10/2014 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The natural ivory is a perfect match for my skin. I am fair, but not extremely fair like my 2 "kids" are (ages 22 and almost 21). Natural ivory is the second to the lightest shade. It covers very well, especially over the Neutrogena natural ivory long wear liquid foundation. A great combination for blue under-eye circles is Almay Smart Shade concealer in light medium applied over glycerin and/or sunblock (or moisturizer...whichever you use) and then applying Neutrogena mineral powder foundation. If you have really stubborn under-eye circles like I have, you may also want to apply your favorite cream cover stick directly and only on the worst "half-moon" blue portion before setting with this foundation powder. I use the fair e.l.f. concealer pencil for my "half-moons." I have found this mineral foundation to be the best color match, very natural-looking, and not overly expensive.

I generally like liquid foundations, but read that this was good for acne prone skin, so decided to give it a try. Honestly, it didn't do much for me. Buffed it on with a kabuki brush but even a couple of layers didn't really help cover redness or blemishes and actually accentuated the fine lines I've developed around my eyes from years of sun protection ignorance. It did help control my oily t-zone. I think this would look nice with something on underneath it. I wouldn't use this as a foundation, but it could work as a setting powder for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice light-to-medium coverage mineral makeup. I was afraid the Classic Ivory shade would be too dark on me but it goes on lighter than it looks in the compact. Gives a nice, natural look. I apply with a brush, not the applicator that comes in the compact.

on 11/3/2013 3:08:00 PM

I'm definitely a powder person and this is good stuff! I use it over my foundation, sometimes to set it with a fluffy brush and sometimes I use the provided sponge to pat it on. It lasts on my skin all day, lasts forever in the compact, has a good mirror, very bendable. Very happy with this!

on 10/23/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i got this in buff 30 and everything was a perfect match for my skintone which is pretty light since it is fall and the coverage was flawless and i loved it so much... but my allergies have been so bad and this product made my allergies worse than they already are so i put it in my drawer for now in hopes that my allergies get better and this product isnt making my allergies worse... but im 100% sure that i am allergic to an ingredient in this product :(

on 9/30/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love love love LOVE this powder foundation. I'm definitely more of a powder or mineral foundation girl. I will use liquid foundation but most of the time I don't have great experiences with it. I was previously using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is really nice, one of the few liquid foundations I actually like but I do have oily/combo skin and I needed something that was a powder but was still gonna give me the right amount of coverage for me. I was in CVS and noticed this Neutrogena Mineral Sheers with SPF 20. The fact that it had SPF 20 definitely made me happy cause I live in Florida where it's super hot and I always need my foundations to have SPF. I was a little nervous about the coverage this would give cause sometimes they will be more like setting powders than powders that will actually give you coverage. This one is definitely a powder foundation. It gives wonderful coverage, it evens out my skintones, hides the majority of my blemishes and even helps with my under eye circles. I still use concealer but this gives the perfection coverage for me personally. I don't like heavy coverage and this looks very natural but still evens everything out. Also it doesn't look ashy on me which is great as well. Sometimes powders will make you look extremely dry but this one is so smooth and creamy. Another plus is that it didn't break me out! My skin is pretty sensitive but this worked well with my skin. The packaging is kind of a chunky compact with a mirror and sponge. It takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag but it's okay cause that's the only downside to this product for me. The price was 13-14 dollars but I'm sure you could get it cheaper at Walmart or Target. I would definitely say if you have dry/normal skin you probably won't like this cause it's pretty matte but if you have oily skin you'll fall in love. I can't live without this powder foundation, it's great! :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've always been a big fan of Neutrogena products. Even though I think it's pretty pricey for a DS brand, as long as it works, who cares. I got this because it was on sale and I planned on using it for more of a setting powder than an actual foundation because I prefer medium to heavy coverage. I tried this with both Maybelline Superstay liquid foundation & Neutrogena healthy skin (not the old kind) liquid foundation. It works pretty well with both of them, it's nice as a setting powder because it doesn't give too much coverage, but it gives you enough to give you the poreless/airbrushed look. I would buy it again, I still use it from time to time. It did have more of a tendency to oxidize on me with the Neutrogena liquid foundation, but with Maybelline it was perfect and it doesn't transfer much.