Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.1

on 2/26/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation and I can say that it's my go-to if all else fails. The powder is nice and smooth. It gives light to medium coverage so it's buildable. It covers redness and uneven skin tone pretty well. I love how it lasts all day on me; by evening you may need to touch up but it isn't a big deal. I have dry skin but if you moisturize well, you will be fine. However, packing on the foundation it's expected it will look a bit dull and cakey so I use mac fix plus which makes a beautiful dewy complexion. With fix plus, my foundation lasts from day to night.

on 9/22/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The color Honey Beige works perfectly for my skin, this is a light coverage for shine / slight imperfections. Really great drugstore product!

on 2/11/2011 1:02:00 AM

It is the best drug store powder foundation to me.
THE IMPORTANT TIP IS YOU HAVE TO IGNORE THE SPONGE APPLICATION THAT COMES WITH THIS POWDER FOUNDATION, AND APPLY IT WITH A GOOD DENSE BRUSH INSTEAD. Then, you will be surprised about its great coverage. It also lasts pretty long. Just in case, I made you want to get a brush, I want to recommend ELF STUDIO POWDER BRUSH ($3) and ECOTOOLS RETRACTABLE KABUKI BRUSH (around $10.99 at Ulta and Target)

on 7/12/2010 12:25:00 AM

I picked this and its liquid counterpart in Soft Beige. I don't particularly need foundation on my skin, just the occasional concealer and something tinted to even out my skin tone. This purchase might have actually ended up in the MU graveyard if my skin didn't grease all over during the summer heat. I found this particularly useful in combating oiliness, a swipe from a powder blush or makeup sponge mattify's my skin and gives a very sheer coverage. This is a product that gets stored in the graveyard during winter because its drying and not something I recommend if you're skin is flaky or dry because it will accentuate, not hide. I definitely recommend this purchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a decent product but in the end not right for me. It is a sheer-light coverage foundation so it is best for those with decent skin already and just looking to even things out. I find this looks better on bare skin than over my usual skincare regimen of AHA, moisturizer and sunscreen. On bare skin it's quite natural and pretty but over the other stuff that I need it has a dull velvety look which I don't like. I also need to touch up more than I'm used to with my regular powder foundation (Stila IPF), this didn't keep the oiliness at bay. Because of this I use this up much faster than I'd like so the $12-$14 price isn't as great of a "value" (drugstore make-up has gotten so expensive lately). I applied this with a Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush. I have combo, sensitive and acne-prone skin and I didn't experience any breakouts, irritation, nor did this accentuate dry skin. I appreciate the SPF 20. This is a decent sheer-light powder foundation. Perhaps better for normal or drier skins. Not bad, but there are better ones out there. I wouldn't buy it again. I wish I could give this 2.5 lipsticks instead of 3.

I really had high hopes for this product. Its a mineral based powder foundation. I got mine in Nude 40. The color was wonderful and the coverage was sheer to light with a matte finish. What is also great is that it has an SPF of 20. I applied it to my face to even out and smooth my skin, then put liquid foundation over it. My skin was radiant and glowing. However I have combo/oily skin and am proned to breakouts. Later in the day I started breaking out in several places. The only different product I had been using was the mineral foundation powder, bingo!

The thing I dislike about purchasing foundations/powders at the drugstore is that it's a guessing game. There are rarely, if ever, testers so it's pretty much a hit or miss kind of deal. I initially purchased this product in #40 Nude and ended up looking like a corpse. Therefore, I had to go back to Longs and exchange it for the next darker shade, #50 Soft Beige. I love it that most drugstore policies allow you to return used makeup products, although the sales people hate it and discourage it apparently because the makeup return process is a real hassle. I love the lightweight coverage, the fact that it's SPF 20, and that the color decently matches my skin tone. I dislike the fact that it's a little drying on the skin, making my face flaky in some places and the spongy applicator isn't the best so I replaced it with a compact powder puff instead. I'll probably finish the product, but I'm not sure if I'll purchase it again. As far as pressed powders go, I've found that L'Oreal's True Match has worked best for me.

First off, cons: the packaging is annoying (you have to lift up the powder in order to look at the mirror), I've only been using it about a month and I've already hit pan. The second complaint is ok though since I do use it almost every day. It's a great powder overall. Coverage is sheer to light. It provides just the right amount of coverage and leaves my skin looking very very natural. I might switch permanently from Everyday Minerals since pressed foundation is just so much easier to use and I get about the same results. Also seems to control oil a bit too. If you get it during a sale it is a very reasonable price.

on 3/2/2008 10:49:00 AM

Its about time for Neutrogena to pick up the slack and come out with a good mineral foundation, not that horrible brush thing. Anyways this is a good basic powder foundation, good for sensitive skin, easy to use compact and decent range of skin tones. I first bought one in natural ivory but it proved to be too light and pink for me so I picked up another in Buff. I'm asian and Buff is more yellow based (?). Buff is almost an exact match to my skin tone so I'm pleased with that. I dont use this everyday because powder foundations enhance dry skin so the flaky bits are more noticable but this compact is so quick and easy, why wouldn't you buy it? Plus it claims to have SPF 20. I dont really understand how they put spf in a powder but they can't exactly false advertise.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just bought this Neutrogena compact at Walgreens. I thought it was pretty expensive for a drugstore brand but I looked at it and thought, "well at least they give you a lot of product." I was wrong. The powder itself only reaches halfway down the compact. The rest of it at the bottom is a place to hold a round applicator sponge. And there is also a mirror. I rarely have a problem with the packaging of powder comapcts. I mean, what's there to complain about anyway? But for this one, I worrying that it's going to break on me because it feels so light and flimsy! By the way, I think Neutrogena should make more shades because after careful debating, I finally picked up "Nude" and now I think it might be a bit too light for me. I hate bad drugstore lighting. Maybe I should learn to carry a handheld mirror with me when I shop for foundations. Now that I'm done complaining about the packaging and the color, the powder itself is pretty good. Honestly, I don't really know what made me buy this because I never wear powder foundations. I don't like my face to be matte, so I always wear liquid foundation that gives me a bit of a glow. I guess it was all the hype about the new " mineral makeup" craze that's taking over. This pressed powder is good if you want a sheer, natural looking foundation without any shimmer or glitter in it.