Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

Active Ingredients:Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

I’ve repurchased this three times and in my opinion this is the best drugstore powder foundation currently on the market! So...I’m kinda obsessed with powders - particularly powder foundation. They’re quick, control oil, and can be carried in your purse for touch ups. I’ve worn powder foundation for at least 15 years now and have tried many of them including Mac Studio Fix, Tarte, Lancôme, Bare Minerals, Sephora Microsmooth, Laura Gellar, and It Cosmetics. My favorites that I use consistently on rotation are the Mac Studio Fix, Sephora Microsmooth, and then this Neutrogena powder! The shade “Nude” is yellow toned and perfect for when I’m NC 25. “Natural Beige” is for when I’m NC 30. This is the only drugstore powder I’ve found that has a strong yellow undertone without looking orange or oxidizing. What I particularly love about this powder is that it’s talc-free and mineral based (the first ingredient is mica); it also has some skin soothing ingredients like vitamin e and a to name a few. Most importantly, the two most important things: it doesn’t CAKE and it doesn’t feel drying on my face. This powder, no matter how much you put on, does not settle around nose or cake up on my forehead. It’s also fragrance free. Coverage is around medium I’d say and sometimes I wear a light B.B. cream underneath and then for additional coverage add this powder. I can’t say enough good things about this powder! Only issue is that it is lacking in the shade department. I think there are only 8 shades.

I am very happy with this product! After a bad experience with BE's Ready Foundation, I was on a quest to find a powder foundation that looks natural, is easy to apply, and can be tucked into my purse or back pack for quick touch ups. I picked up Fair Ivory and found it to be a good match. The compact comes with a little sponge applicator, but I prefer to apply with a makeup brush. You can build coverage very easily without it looking like a mask. Just make sure you apply in small amounts until you achieve the coverage you need. I have dry skin, especially now that it's winter, but if I use BB cream or moisturizer and/or primer before application, it does not accentuate my wrinkles. I avoid the eye area and use a liquid foundation or concealer around my eyes. This product is great at covering up the redness and sun spots on my face and looks very natural, I love it.

on 10/23/2013 1:38:00 PM

Update: this is beginning to sit in my lines more since i am getting more of them so imam using it a dusting powder rather than a foundation.just lightly with a powder brush and not heavily with the sponge.
I love this product. It goes on smooth and stays on a long time with a primer of course which I use with all my foundations even the pricey ones. It doesn't settle into my lines and doesn't change color as the day goes on. It has good coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It has parabens which I wish it didn't, but overall I am very happy with it.

on 4/27/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a really nice powder foundation for normal-to-dry skin. It doesn't settle, which is good, and has an SPF of 20, which is even better. (Though you shouldn't rely on powder alone for sun protection if you're going to be out for an extended time.) The color selection is poor, though: nothing for very light or very dark skin. I have shade #20 (Natural Ivory), and it's a pretty close match to MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW20.

on 12/4/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and have yet to find a foundation that has "all day" coverage. This mineral foundation though does really well for sheer to medium coverage even with having to blot from oily skin during the day. Also is one that did not cause any breakouts or disturbances with my skin. I would definitly buy it again.

on 1/4/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried a lot of mineral makeup brands from Everyday Minerals to Jane Iredale. I have to say that these are one of the best. They are expensive but that is because of the quality. They do not make my skin itch as other minerals and they stay put the whole day on my oily skin, which is a huge blessing. They look great in the pics despite their spf. I highly recommend these minerals to oily skin gals-

on 9/30/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So the reviews about this product are all scattered under several titles. I used to use this product and possibly stopped using it because of the shade. I am not sure whether Natural Beige No. 60 is new or not but it seems to work for me. I use Tan No. 80 as the bronzer and for contouring and I am all set. The minerals are finely milled and do not make me uber shiny which is a huge plus. I have tried majority of minerals and although majority have been friendly on my skin, they faded or melted within a couple of hours. This in comparison really lasts. So for those with oily skin, this is possibly the answer to your prayers. For those with dry skin, you need to moisturize as these may be a bit dry for you. Overall, the coverage is fantastic and it does not oxidize. No zits or break outs or irritations like itching either. Applying this product, just like all minerals, is very important. Get a good brush and you will love this. Highly recommended.

on 1/23/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the color choices offered, but it doesn't give me full coverage and it's a bit too chalky. The classic ivory is a good choice for it doesn't look too yellowy or pinkish on my skin.

on 1/19/2009 10:59:00 AM

I got soft beige which was the closest to my winter skin tone, but not as close as the MUFE 125. Unfortunately, even with a light dusting, this powder EMPHASIZES all my fine lines and although I looked good from afar because it did even out my skin tone and brightened my face, from starting about 12 inches away, it just made me look a lot older---NOT the purpose of a foundation. With the amount of powder I put on, I doubt that i would have an SPF close to the 20 it's supposed to give. I will not be buying this again.

on 11/23/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to find a cheaper brand of pressed mineral powder/foundation than Fresh Face Luster, which is why I bought Neutrogena. The bar was set incredibly high, because Fresh is amazing. Luminous finish, and it's long lasting, offering flawless though light coverage. But it's also $45 and within six weeks of using, I had used enough of the stuff that the center of the pan was already showing. Plus, it's not a good foundation for traveling, as the top and bottom aren't attached and the powder is very soft.

Which brings me to Neutrogena's Pressed Powder Foundation. The lightest color (classic ivory) was a good match and the powder feels velvety and finely milled. (I'm a MAC NC15 to 20, depending on the season.)

But the Neutrogena's not flattering on me. Not chalky, but it's flat and makes my skin look dull. And my skin isn't dull without makeup (I've been doing lactic acids peels, and they're been so helpful). In fact, my naked skin looks better than it does with the Neutrogena Powder, whereas the Fresh makes my skin look more luminous.

Maybe the Neutrogena might work as a touch up powder mid-day to blot shine, but it's not working for me as a foundation.