Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm actually impressed! It was $7 on sale at ulta. I was breaking out so much and noticed my face aging after using Revlon Colorstay for years. So I thought because this is Neutrogena I probably won't have any problems. The coverage was great for covering my acne scars and minimalizing my pores. My only problem is the shade range. The darkest shade is still too light for my latina/filipina skin tone.

on 12/23/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore this. Five stars all around. For my extremly sensitive, milia (and clogged pore) prone skin, I've tried every foundation under the sun. THIS little gem is the only one that my skin doesn't react to. In fact, It makes my skin smoother.I've been wearing it daily for about 5 months and I can officially say that I love it. Franfrance-free, bismuth-free, and talc-free. Amazing. It looks beautiful when buffed on with my Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair retractable kabuki brush. The coverage is light to medium and looks so beautiful and soft. "Nude" matches me perfect (I have fair skin with a warm/yellow undertone.) In wintertime I mix "Nude" with "Classic Ivory". However I think most people could find their shade since the shades seem really adjustable. Pink-skinned gals(or guys) provably won't find their shade though, FYI. Anyway, I adore this powder. This is my HG.

UPDATE: it's January and I've hit pan on Classic Ivory and soon to hit pan on "Nude." Love.

UPDATE: with use of my L'oreal Sublime Sunless Tanning Lotion, "Nude" is a touch too light. I'll pick up a darker shade of this powder soon. Still my HG after all this time!

UPDATE: still HG. It's summer now, I've stopped fake tanning and have gotten a natural tan, now I'm NC30. The color "Natural Beige" in this powder matches perfectly - perhaps a HAIR too light, but that can be fixed with Bronzer. This powder holds up so well in summer heat, with or without a primer. However, it lasts longest at on top of Bare Minerals Prime Time (another HG.)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i freaking loved this product!!! but sadly, gave me some gnarly deep pimples all around my face :( heartbroken it didnt work out for my oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this ! (This is coming from a "only high end makeup is good makeup" perspective) which is stupid because that's not always true. Anyways, I love this. I don't like wearing liquid foundation it feels too heavy and I don't need all the coverage. But this is amazing, it has a light barely-there feeling yet makes my skin look flawless. I actually stipple it on with the Urban Decay optical blurring brush and my skin ends up looking so smooth. I know this product has made a difference (I wear primers, concealer, and bronzer etc) because it wasn't until I started wearing it that I've been getting the most compliments ! Very affordable. The packaging is a bit too chunky to carry around, but I tuck it away in a vanity drawer. Its light feeling for the summer weather while still providing great coverage. Impressed! Will repurchase again and again.

on 1/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping to replace my previous powder foundation. And because I had read so many great review I gave it a shot! BAD.

Pros:
*Feels like nothing is there
*Does not have any bad smells....or bad smell at all

Cons:
*Does not last
*No anti oil properties
*TOO sheer
*BROKE ME OUT!
*Packaging sucks

Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily Skin and this works really great. I bought this because I find that Liquid foundation feels like I'm wearing a mask and my face ends up looking way too oily. Which I hate. But this product doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it also doesn't feel like your wearing a mask, So that's really nice. It also gives a light-medium coverage. Overall I really like this product and would definitely buy it again! :)

on 1/7/2012 1:41:00 AM

This powder foundation cost approximately $11.00 USD and came with a pack of neutrogena makeup remover wipes which ill review later... Anywho, compared to the HE mineral makeup like Bare essentials and whatnot, it's a relatively good price.As for the shade I got (70 Honey beige), I was pleasantly surprised that it had obvious yellow undertones, something that i rarely see in drugstore makeup which makes finding a match difficult as some are too pink or greyish for me. My only problem was that the display had a very limited color selection which was a bit disappointing.
As for performance, I didn't know what to expect so I tried to keep an open mind. The coverage that i got was sheer, light to medium but i found it could be easily built up. However this can make it look a bit cakey. From the looks of the lowest ratings, it seems to be the same problem, more or less. I still have yet to see how this performs with a primer, on bare skin, etc... Until then, I shall investigate further and update :) I'm still not sure if I'll repurchase though-still in the fence about this one but im leaning towards a no .

I've used this stuff for a long time. I love it. I prefer it over liquid foundation because the powder stuff tends to leave you with a more natural look (if you don't use to much) while the liquid foundation leaves you looking fake and makes you break out more. Love, love, love this stuff.

on 4/15/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

light coverage, when used by itself. i think i'd rather use this over some liquid foundation as a setting powder. it doesn't last all day, by itself. neutrogena cosmetics never really help with my acne, it doesn't get worst or better. overall this foundation is okay, it's a bit overpriced for a drugstore powder foundation. but it IS by neutrogena, but it doesn't even help with acne.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this product since I'm only 13 and I don't want something that makes me look like I actually am wearing foundation. This definitely gets the job done, but I don't know about the staying power... we're heading into fall and I'm wearing jackets all the time and sometimes during tests my head would be resting against my sleeve and when I look at it, I could see the foundation on the sleeve. That's basically the only con. But I'm probably only going to wear this in the winter because the shade is just a little too light for my skin tone and I don't think it'll stay on... Overall, I do recommend this product if you're looking to cover up redness or uneven skin tones.