Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 30-35
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

The best powder! I have oily skin so I need powder. But I don't want it to look like i'm wearing powder. This brand is the most translucent and light I have found. Only negative is the packaging. They should eliminate the bottom slide away compartment and just add more product.

Ugh! I thought this looked kind of powerdy and weird on but didn't realize how awful this product was until one day I had on one of my other foundations and put this one on as touch-up. It looked NASTY yellow compared to the other foundation, and made me look like I had a bad case of jaundice. This looks really cheap and dusty. I don't want to seem like an ad by telling you about any other powder foundation, so I'll just say save your money and DON'T buy this! If you can't afford a better foundation, you're better off without any makeup at all! No one's skin looks like this!

on 6/28/2011 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great powder foundation. I have oily skin, and have trouble with large pores on my nose. After washing my face, I start with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer as my "base", and a few minutes later, I apply this powder foundation. My skin looks great! I also feel like my skin can breathe. My makeup lasts all day (even in the summer) and I only need to blot oil minimally through the day. Neutrogena products are made with SPF, and contain nutrients that are beneficial to the skin. Highly recommend!

on 4/27/2011 1:30:00 AM

This is one of few makeup products I've ever entirely used up in my life. I love that it gives me just enough coverage to even out my skin tone without making me look cakey. Drawbacks: a little pricey, and poor packaging. The Neutrogena packaging for their mineral powders is dumb. I hate having to flip back and forth between the mirror and the powder pan. I also don't like deceptive packaging that is much bigger than the amount of product actually inside. Still, I'd buy this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

We were going great for a few days, and then the breakouts came. Also, I had to reapply a lot and it felt a little itchy and weird...but it looked so clean and nice. Bummer.

on 9/27/2009 4:11:00 PM

OK, I am on the fence about this one. After trying probably every mineral makeup under the sun, I was pleasantly surprised by this drug store brand. I only bought this based on the recommendation here on MUA.

The PROs:
- The color! I have light to medium skin tone with slight yellow undertones and I bought this in natural beige. I have had the HARDEST time finding foundation that matches my skin and this matches perfectly. Really exciting for me!!!
- Doesn't break me out....well at least not yet. Ingredients seem to be ok and after a week of use (and getting over a horrible break out) this hasn't seem to irritate or create more
-Price tag! I've been using foundations with a price tag of $25-40.....so at $11, I cannot complain

CONS
-Pretty sheer (yes i know, hence the name). As I try to build up the coverage, it does tend to get a bit chalky. Hopefully as my skin clears up a little bit, this won't be a problem.
-Shows imperfections:defines my fine lines and pores if I apply too much. I use Clinique Pore Minimizer underneath it, so that helps, but I'm not surprised by this as every powder foundation does that to me

We'll see how this holds up as we enter the winter months. This may be too chalky for the winter, but we'll see. So far I do really like it, but I am still out to find my HG.

on 7/23/2009 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best mineral foundation you will find in a drugstore, handsdown!!

on 7/23/2009 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this!! Just as good as other High End brands but half the price. Covers well and looks very natural. Gives a nice glow to my skin. Best mineral powder you will ever find in a drugstore. Will continue to use this over and over.

on 6/8/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I acutally like this foundation (yes i am surprised lol). I think this is perfect for summer. It only provides sheer to medium coverage so I do have to conceal a few areas, but no biggie. I apply this with the sigma kabuki brush. it's foolproof and fast. and the best thing is that it doesn't seem to aggravate my acne:) oh, i apply a primer (pure luxe eraser) and then a silica powder before i apply this foundation. i also apply silica powder after applying my foundation.

on 5/18/2008 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using Jane Iredale's pressed base for quite a while, but I actually like this better because it doesn't have that dry, cakey look that so many MMU's have on me, including Jane Iredale. It would be nice if they made a shade lighter though, but the classic ivory works pretty well for me for now. It doesn't emphasize lines and pores either like other MMU's which is a big plus. It goes on more like a nice smooth face powder, but with more coverage and pigment. I like that it does have as much SPF coverage as Jane Iredale but is way cheaper (around $13 vs. $40)! It doesn't seem to be contributing to breakouts either. It's not a miracle product, but I'm liking it a lot, and have already repurchased.