Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

The best powder! I have oily skin so I need powder. But I don't want it to look like i'm wearing powder. This brand is the most translucent and light I have found. Only negative is the packaging. They should eliminate the bottom slide away compartment and just add more product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $7-$10 US Dollars, which is a good price for DS foundations.
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, I find it to be quite buildable.
FINISH: Semi-matte with a slight sheen that most mineral makeups give. I find the finish very natural and quite lovely :)
TEXTURE: Soft, seems finely milled.
SCENT: None
SPF: Yes, 20
LASTING POWER: This lasts all day on me. I have never had a problem with it breaking down, or getting excessively oily. It will fade slightly as the day goes on, but not to the point where it is completely gone.
SHADES: I usually get this in "Nude". They really need more shades in this foundation, the darkest shade is not NEARLY deep enough.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, has a very gently formula, as it claims.
PACKAGING: I dont like the packaging. I wish they would skip the bulky compact packaging and put more product in instead, because I find that I run out it in less than a month.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes, when I have better skin I dont need to use as much to get the coverage I want.
FINAL VERDICT: This is a really great DS mineral makeup. Try it out!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation. Not blotchy and very easy to apply. If I didn't know how good it is I and based on packaging I would never buy. Packaging looks cheesy and unprofessional. Price is less than ten dollars which is pretty hard to beat.

on 12/6/2012 8:04:00 PM

I use this for setting my foundation or BB cream. Good product, I just wish the packaging was less tacky, but let's be realistic - not going to happen for the price.
I will repurchase.

on 8/21/2012 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this product. When used in combination with liquid makeup (I use smashbox's hd currently) it really allows it to last all day. Helps cover up any blemishes, and looks great. I'm new to using a powder finish, but if it's not broke don't fix it. I'll be repurchasing!

on 6/22/2012 4:51:00 PM

Lovely, buildable coverage.

on 4/6/2012 8:23:00 PM

In general I prefer coverage that is more glowing and not as matte. This one is matte but it covers rather well-light to medium. What I didn't like is they had no color option for anyone with pale skin. All shades they had were glaringly yellow. It really irritates me when makeup artists and manufacturers assume that all women have yellow tones in their skin. I have pale porcelain skin and anything with yellow tones makes me look jaundiced. I wouldn't buy this again unless they include some lighter skin shades since quality was ok for drugstore foundation

on 2/2/2012 5:22:00 PM

Neutral rating on the number scale because I LOVED this, the finish, the coverage, the fact that it was oil free and contained minerals and all that... but each time I used it I would get a horrible knot under my skin. Therefor I cannot use it, it makes me break out... nothing in my routine had changed, within one day though, i was left with a breakout. But it covered really well, and is so easy to use. GRRR. Perhaps other people find it as nice as me, aside from the breakouts!

on 11/6/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Pros:
-Light-Medium coverage (I used a little concealer, and it looks great!
-VERY natural looking coverage
-It has an EXTREMELY slight, slight shimmer. I like this because it gives my skin a healthy glow :)
-I would say the finish is satin. Matte/dewy.
It has not ONCE broken me out :D
-Color match is almost spot on to my skin tone
-Lasts on my face for a good amount of time (I also use ELF mineral face primer underneath)
Cons:
-I hate the packaging, I wish they would just skip the sponge/mirror and put more product in instead. I rather spend more money on the actual product then fancy packaging
-Adding on to my previous con, it doesn't last me a very long time :( I want my foundation to last me atleast a month. This only lasts me 2-3 weeks.

Ugh! I thought this looked kind of powerdy and weird on but didn't realize how awful this product was until one day I had on one of my other foundations and put this one on as touch-up. It looked NASTY yellow compared to the other foundation, and made me look like I had a bad case of jaundice. This looks really cheap and dusty. I don't want to seem like an ad by telling you about any other powder foundation, so I'll just say save your money and DON'T buy this! If you can't afford a better foundation, you're better off without any makeup at all! No one's skin looks like this!