Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Edit:

O.k., maybe I'm just temporarily color-blind. (Or the color looks different in ultraviolet light.) I saw the display for this product again, but in a drug store with much more diffuse lighting. Guess what. 20, not 10, is the lightest shade. (Classic ivory is the lightest shade.)

It's pinker than 10, but so much lighter, that it makes this a wearable foundation. 20 will oxidize a little, but not much.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to find this in a wearable color--this stuff doesn't cause breakouts and will calm down your skin better than any other foundation I have used. (None of that sneaky, "Foundation is o.k. for three weeks, and then suddenly breaks you out terribly.")

Note that this is the only foundation I've currently said I will re-purchase.

Hats off to Neutrogena. This is very good stuff.

This is my prior review:

Good packaging. Nice finish when applied. The lightest color is slightly dark when first applied and then darker at the end of the day.

But, it doesn't break me out, it's easy to apply, and the color when first applied is pretty good. (If you are incredibly fair with neutral, or in my case, green, tones, you will love this stuff.)

I'm settling on this now--it may be time to investigate mattifiers to combat the color change.

Neutrogena should be proud of this. Could we have one shade lighter, please?

Edit: I have to agree with the reviewer who said that this turns orange. After about two hours it's way too peachy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had reviewed this in another category, then I saw this is the place that everyone is reviewing it, so I am putting my review here, with some edits.

I bought this in Classic Ivory, the lightest shade, and it works for my really fair olive face. It's not too pink, which I have had such a hard time with in other foundations! I have to say, if you put a lot of this on your bare face, it will come out really pale and chalky looking. What I do is put sunscreen on first, then let it sink in, then blot off any excess, then put the foundation on, and then it doesn't look chalky, and it's actually a little darker.
I have oily skin, so if you do also, you will have to touch up during the day, but all I do is just put a little more on, and I don't need to do it that often. Also, since it's not meant to be a full-coverage foundation, I found that a little shine actually doesn't look that bad. The great benefit of this foundation is that it's so easy and quick to put on! I was using Colorstay for full-coverage days, but I find that I'm using this Neutrogena one for just day-to-day stuff. You can build it to a medium coverage, which I do on my cheeks and nose because I have mild rosacea, and it seems to cover that just fine. It looks much more natural than Colorstay.

For the price, I think it's worth giving it a try if you are looking to see what mineral makeup is all about, and/or you want an easy and quick foundation. To me it seems inexpensive because because I'm used to department store products. I paid $11.69 for it at Target, so to me that's a huge bargain!
I'm definitely buying this again!