Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.3

on 12/23/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore this. Five stars all around. For my extremly sensitive, milia (and clogged pore) prone skin, I've tried every foundation under the sun. THIS little gem is the only one that my skin doesn't react to. In fact, It makes my skin smoother.I've been wearing it daily for about 5 months and I can officially say that I love it. Franfrance-free, bismuth-free, and talc-free. Amazing. It looks beautiful when buffed on with my Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair retractable kabuki brush. The coverage is light to medium and looks so beautiful and soft. "Nude" matches me perfect (I have fair skin with a warm/yellow undertone.) In wintertime I mix "Nude" with "Classic Ivory". However I think most people could find their shade since the shades seem really adjustable. Pink-skinned gals(or guys) provably won't find their shade though, FYI. Anyway, I adore this powder. This is my HG.

UPDATE: it's January and I've hit pan on Classic Ivory and soon to hit pan on "Nude." Love.

UPDATE: with use of my L'oreal Sublime Sunless Tanning Lotion, "Nude" is a touch too light. I'll pick up a darker shade of this powder soon. Still my HG after all this time!

UPDATE: still HG. It's summer now, I've stopped fake tanning and have gotten a natural tan, now I'm NC30. The color "Natural Beige" in this powder matches perfectly - perhaps a HAIR too light, but that can be fixed with Bronzer. This powder holds up so well in summer heat, with or without a primer. However, it lasts longest at on top of Bare Minerals Prime Time (another HG.)

on 1/7/2012 1:41:00 AM

This powder foundation cost approximately $11.00 USD and came with a pack of neutrogena makeup remover wipes which ill review later... Anywho, compared to the HE mineral makeup like Bare essentials and whatnot, it's a relatively good price.As for the shade I got (70 Honey beige), I was pleasantly surprised that it had obvious yellow undertones, something that i rarely see in drugstore makeup which makes finding a match difficult as some are too pink or greyish for me. My only problem was that the display had a very limited color selection which was a bit disappointing.
As for performance, I didn't know what to expect so I tried to keep an open mind. The coverage that i got was sheer, light to medium but i found it could be easily built up. However this can make it look a bit cakey. From the looks of the lowest ratings, it seems to be the same problem, more or less. I still have yet to see how this performs with a primer, on bare skin, etc... Until then, I shall investigate further and update :) I'm still not sure if I'll repurchase though-still in the fence about this one but im leaning towards a no .

on 4/15/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

light coverage, when used by itself. i think i'd rather use this over some liquid foundation as a setting powder. it doesn't last all day, by itself. neutrogena cosmetics never really help with my acne, it doesn't get worst or better. overall this foundation is okay, it's a bit overpriced for a drugstore powder foundation. but it IS by neutrogena, but it doesn't even help with acne.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this everyday to even out my skintone on top of MAC's Studio finish concealer. Works well and makes my skin look healthy and even toned! I apply using a kabuki & it works perf! I couldn't think of anything to deduct a lippie on. For drugstore it's on the expensive side-- around $14, but I'm willing to pay that much!

This has been my everyday foundation for around 2 years now. I used to use the little sponge that is included, but I find I get more natural looking coverage with a powder foundation brush. I like the light coverage this gives because if you apply it right, it looks like you aren't wearing makeup, but it helps even out your skin tone. I would like it to be a little bit more build-able because it doesn't cover any breakouts or redness very well, but it is a good light foundation for most days.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really really like. I'm still pretty young so I don't want to start wearing heavy liquid makeup. After returning L'Oreal's Bare Naturale, I was looking for a light powder foundation just to set my concealer. I decided on this, figuring if I didn't like it I could easily return it. First thing I liked, a really close color match. For reference, I'm an NC25-30 and I got it in 40 Nude. It had pretty light/natural looking coverage, which in my opinion is a good thing. I hate feeling like I'm wearing a mask, this feels like my skin. I have relatively clear skin, and have occasional break outs, i have a little redness/discoloration on my nose and chin, but nothing really else. This did a good job of evening my skin tone. I pray this doesn't break me out. Only cons are the package isn't that pretty and it can enhance your dry patches. Other than that, I would buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Just bought this today---will try for a week and give a better review- but so far i can already tell that its a product that i will hate to love, you know? like the packaging idea is super smart and fast to just chuck in your purse for on-the-go. Also it takes awhile for the product to actually show and when i do brush it on my face I'm not sure if it goes on my face, into my nose or in the air. Also i bought this dirt cheap for about 3 bucks at target bc they were having a red tag sale in those bins

on 8/18/2009 11:14:00 PM

I love this foundation
I chose to switch to powder so my pores won't get as clogged.
The coverage for me is pretty good. I use the lightest shade and its PERFECT.
And the sponge applicator it comes with is way good which is surprising
Definatly using again

on 7/29/2009 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i've hit pan on this product. this is great for evening out skin tones and since its a powder it helps with oily skin. this also makes your skin look healthy and glowy. this great if youre doing your nakeup in a rush. however this doesnt cover up scars so you have to use a concealer.

on 6/26/2009 8:10:00 PM

This is da best powder ever i really like it and i have not tried anything better!!!!