Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Tricky to apply, but does give med. coverage. By the end of the day it settled funny in wrinkles & on pimples. I would not recommend this.

on 7/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how they got a titanium based SPF not to separate into pores and a pressed powder texture not to show lines...but they did. Ivory is neutral enough for my pale mixed complexion. It doesn't stay fresh and light all day. There are some midday pores and ruddiness. But it is easy enough to reapply without cakiness. I can't believe I haven't used loose powder in months and I don't really miss it. My skin looks flawless upon application and i can lay it on heavy and it doesn't get gookey or look like heavy makeup at all. I put a little concealer on the tough areas. Very happy with this! I never had oily skin but had the midday t-zone oilies, but no more. Just wished it lasted longer. I need one per month, not so cheap, afterall.

on 6/7/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I loved this. NO lines, pores, separating with oils, great color, stays in place etc. They decided to take the sunblock out of it. Neutrogena's phone rep said it was a business decision. I need the addtional physical block over my chemical block mositurizer since I have melasma. Now I have no use for it. Hope I can find something comparable.

This I hated every mineral powder foundation I have ever tried especially with mica as an ingredient because it causes the shine, which only calls out lines and pores. I winced when I saw this had mica. Don't know how they got it to look matte but not powdery matte. It took a few minutes for it to meld into my skin. Used the pad for a more matte finish with no luminosity that accentuates pores and fine lines. I always return to liquid with a loose powder cover, but not this time.
Like : Titanium Dioxide based SPF to put over my chemical block;
Smooth matte finish no matter the hot temperature and humidity;
Fine lines; pores and wrinkles are not accentuated;
stays in place and doesn't transfer; not too powdery or drying; classic ivory looks neutral on my skin, not peachy or pinky; color does not oxidize; handles oil well; minimum t-zone shine after many, many hours; doesn't rise to the surface and separate; no clogged pores; light & breathable on the skin given I use a lighter moisturizer and not my heavy one; evens skin tone; light to medium coverage

Dislike: The mirror is on the bottom part of the compact so I have to flip back and forth constantly while applying.

on 5/9/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product: Neutrogena Mineral Sheers, Powder Foundation, SPF 20, Natural Ivory 20, was my first attempt at using a mineral/powder foundation.

The product felt thick and powdery when applied and looked cakey reminiscent of all of the excess foundation and powder applications from the 80's. However, within about an hour, it appeared more natural. With time, the moisture from my skin must have started to mesh with the powder making it less powder-like on my face.

My skin becomes more dry this time of year from lots of bicycling so it's likely that I shouldn't be using this type of product at all during the warmer months. However, I do need good coverage--freckles, sun spots, etc., and this product delivered. (My largest concern with one of my current favorite liquid foundations is lack of coverage.) And, I need stronger sun protection this time of year--layering SPF 20 foundation on top of a sun-shielding moisturizer usually works well without the drawback of feeling too heavy like when using a single, higher SPF product.

I also decided that Natural Ivory 20 is too light for my skin. It appeared okay in the store when I held my hand up against the color-selector swatches on the store display--my hands are more tan than my face, but after getting it home, opening it up and applying it, it's definitely way too light (which could also be part of the problem with the cakey appearance.)

A real life problem that this product solved was the ability to travel. I'm constantly looking for sample-size products and powder forms because getting all of my liquids, gels, and creams through airport security is a real burden. Because I travel weekly, I am always on the look out for more travel-friendly alternatives. This product is a powder that replaces something that is normally a liquid, and as such, it frees up some extra "baggie" space for other liquid products.

I considered trying a darker shade, but have since decided to find another liquid product instead as my skin continues to become more dry as my time spent outdoors increases exponentially with the rising temps.

My overall impression of this product is that it's a great price, nice packaging and may work well for someone with oilier skin. It delivered good coverage and the thick powdery appearance decreased given a little wear time even on dry skin. I did not experience any increase in acne or other skin issues.

Bonus points: it went through airport security without needing to be "baggied" along with all of my other liquid products.

Cautions: if you have skin that tends to be on the drier side, you may want to reconsider; and find a store that will let you sample it first because the display color-selector didn't work well in my case.

on 9/12/2007 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This was a waste of time. It looked pretty in the container but was too sheer for me. All the tapping on the brush to get the stuff out was annoying and the cap kept falling off. So in conclusion, the sucky container that housed a so-so product just wasn't for me.

I had been searching for a small, compact refillable powder brush to carry in my purse for touch ups and shine control when I decided to give this a try. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I wear Merle Norman tinted moisturizer and this is perfect over it (just a little goes a long way). I am going pick up another one to keep in my make up bag as well as a refill for my purse. Since I travel a lot, the compact packaging makes it a perfect travel companion. I highly recommend this product as a light/sheer foundation and/or a finishing/shine control powder over a tinted moisterizer.

I've used Bare Minerals and thought I'd give this a try and I really do LOVE it. It makes my 40-something skin glow and it has yet to cause even the slightest breakout (yes, I still get the occasional zit). I love that I put it on in the AM after moisturizer and a little Yves St. Laurent Touche' Eclait under my eyes and around my nose and voila'...fabulous all day. If you need a lot of coverage this is probably not what you're looking for. But if you already have decent skin and just want to even out the tone and add a glow give this a try. Very convenient packaging is a bonus.