Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

2.8

on 1/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping to replace my previous powder foundation. And because I had read so many great review I gave it a shot! BAD.

Pros:
*Feels like nothing is there
*Does not have any bad smells....or bad smell at all

Cons:
*Does not last
*No anti oil properties
*TOO sheer
*BROKE ME OUT!
*Packaging sucks

Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this product since I'm only 13 and I don't want something that makes me look like I actually am wearing foundation. This definitely gets the job done, but I don't know about the staying power... we're heading into fall and I'm wearing jackets all the time and sometimes during tests my head would be resting against my sleeve and when I look at it, I could see the foundation on the sleeve. That's basically the only con. But I'm probably only going to wear this in the winter because the shade is just a little too light for my skin tone and I don't think it'll stay on... Overall, I do recommend this product if you're looking to cover up redness or uneven skin tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Meh. As the name suggests, it is a sheer foundation. I no longer use it as a foundation, only as a setting powder, for which it serves it's purpose.
I have this in tan, which is a little dark for me. This powder lasts about 5 minutes after I apply it. You will have to reapply it whenever you walk outdoors. It even has low staying power when indoors. It lasts maybe 4 hours then starts losing the minimal coverage that it already had :( I won't be buying this again, because I'd like my makeup to last the entire school day. I'm sick of skipping lunch block because I need to touch up on my makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm going through a mineral makeup phase at the moment and I've always been a sucker for Neutrogina's foundations, so I thought, why not give this a try?

I found the product was quite good, but really not brilliant. It isn't the best mineral foundation I've ever used by a long shot. I found it a tad cakey-it didn't sink in as well as most other powder foundations tend to do, and I thought that the particles of the powder weren't as tiny as some of the other powders I've tried, so it wasn't very natural looking and it didn't buff in as well as it could have with my kabuki.

Plus I have very fair skin (NW15) which is prone to redness, and the foundation didn't really help to conceal the redness, which was a pity. I would have had to have put on a lot of product to tone down the slight redness, which I wasn't prepared to do because it was just about bordering on being too dark for me (I bought Classic Ivory).

I must admit, the packaging is great though-there's a little sponge and a small mirror inside, which is handy.

Overall, it's an okay product-but I wouldn't buy it again.