Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Tricky to apply, but does give med. coverage. By the end of the day it settled funny in wrinkles & on pimples. I would not recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I will say that this product did not break my skin out which is why I gave it four lippies. This powder also matched my skin tone rather well. I would have given it five but I am not really satisfied with the coverage. i wasn't expecting it to have medium coverage or anything, I do realize it says Sheer in the name, but it didn't really do anything at all for slight redness and uneven skin tone. This product would be amazing for someone who doesn't need much at all in the coverage department and has breakout prone skin.

on 1/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping to replace my previous powder foundation. And because I had read so many great review I gave it a shot! BAD.

Pros:
*Feels like nothing is there
*Does not have any bad smells....or bad smell at all

Cons:
*Does not last
*No anti oil properties
*TOO sheer
*BROKE ME OUT!
*Packaging sucks

Definitely will not repurchase.

on 7/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how they got a titanium based SPF not to separate into pores and a pressed powder texture not to show lines...but they did. Ivory is neutral enough for my pale mixed complexion. It doesn't stay fresh and light all day. There are some midday pores and ruddiness. But it is easy enough to reapply without cakiness. I can't believe I haven't used loose powder in months and I don't really miss it. My skin looks flawless upon application and i can lay it on heavy and it doesn't get gookey or look like heavy makeup at all. I put a little concealer on the tough areas. Very happy with this! I never had oily skin but had the midday t-zone oilies, but no more. Just wished it lasted longer. I need one per month, not so cheap, afterall.

on 2/2/2012 5:22:00 PM

Neutral rating on the number scale because I LOVED this, the finish, the coverage, the fact that it was oil free and contained minerals and all that... but each time I used it I would get a horrible knot under my skin. Therefor I cannot use it, it makes me break out... nothing in my routine had changed, within one day though, i was left with a breakout. But it covered really well, and is so easy to use. GRRR. Perhaps other people find it as nice as me, aside from the breakouts!

Ugh! I thought this looked kind of powerdy and weird on but didn't realize how awful this product was until one day I had on one of my other foundations and put this one on as touch-up. It looked NASTY yellow compared to the other foundation, and made me look like I had a bad case of jaundice. This looks really cheap and dusty. I don't want to seem like an ad by telling you about any other powder foundation, so I'll just say save your money and DON'T buy this! If you can't afford a better foundation, you're better off without any makeup at all! No one's skin looks like this!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this! I bought the Clinique version of this and recently went back to the neutrogena powder foundation. The Neutrogena one is just better. It mimics my natural skin, makes it luminous and just perfects it effortlessly. And, it's way cheaper than Clinique! LOVE IT!
I am loyal to the Neutrogena mineral pressed powder foundation now after straying temporarily. :)

on 6/19/2011 11:46:00 AM

i used this a few yrs ago but had trouble getting the right color then forgot about it. before it i had been using BE religiously then after physicians formula as a cheaper less skin irritating alternative to the BE.after many months of using PF i started getting unusually bad welts/pimples and cyctic like acne i changed everything cleansers , creams etc ...realized maybe it was the PF so got this in 40 nude one day and within 24 hours my skin started to clear up 3-4 days later almost completely clear ! true it is not as finely milled as BE or PF but what i suspect is the finer the particles the more pore clogging and absortion into the skin thus causing more potential reactions! this does look cakey for bout 15 mins then starts to melt into and blend with ur natural oil( make sure u moisturize immediately b4 applying 4 best results!) truly i can feel that my poes arent blocked and can breath my face actually feels cooloer and more comfortable...sort of soothed.EDIT looks too flat and think the mica or somthing wud cause breakouts i have moved on!

on 6/7/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I loved this. NO lines, pores, separating with oils, great color, stays in place etc. They decided to take the sunblock out of it. Neutrogena's phone rep said it was a business decision. I need the addtional physical block over my chemical block mositurizer since I have melasma. Now I have no use for it. Hope I can find something comparable.

This I hated every mineral powder foundation I have ever tried especially with mica as an ingredient because it causes the shine, which only calls out lines and pores. I winced when I saw this had mica. Don't know how they got it to look matte but not powdery matte. It took a few minutes for it to meld into my skin. Used the pad for a more matte finish with no luminosity that accentuates pores and fine lines. I always return to liquid with a loose powder cover, but not this time.
Like : Titanium Dioxide based SPF to put over my chemical block;
Smooth matte finish no matter the hot temperature and humidity;
Fine lines; pores and wrinkles are not accentuated;
stays in place and doesn't transfer; not too powdery or drying; classic ivory looks neutral on my skin, not peachy or pinky; color does not oxidize; handles oil well; minimum t-zone shine after many, many hours; doesn't rise to the surface and separate; no clogged pores; light & breathable on the skin given I use a lighter moisturizer and not my heavy one; evens skin tone; light to medium coverage

Dislike: The mirror is on the bottom part of the compact so I have to flip back and forth constantly while applying.

I always come back to this. It really reminds me of Laura Mercier powder foundation, though a heck of a lot cheaper (although still pricey for drugstore).

If you want something that is not cakey, blends well, doesn't oxidize, and has mild coverage (natural looking), then this is the way to go. It also has pretty good staying power. The color selection may not be as good as some brands, but I have always liked Neutrogena's cool to neutral undertones for make-up colors. The packaging is kind of bulky, and it does make it look like there is more in there than what really is there. I go through this container about every 2 months, and I don't think I use a large amount.

I find this works really well with disposable sponge applicators, but I know that's not as "green" so I'm trying to use a make up brush with it. I haven't been quite as successful with using a brush. Whatever you do, do not use the sponge that comes with it.