Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

I have always been a big fan of Neutrogena products and just recently started using this foundation after returning my clinique perfectly real foundation (color was way too orange, and I even got color matched!) I'm using the color nude which is a tad light on my summer skin but looks fine with bronzer and doesn't look orange at all :) i have oily skin and this definitely holds up amazingly . I apply with the sponge it comes with then I dust a brush over my face just to get off any excess powder. Overall I am very satisfied !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $7-$10 US Dollars, which is a good price for DS foundations.
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, I find it to be quite buildable.
FINISH: Semi-matte with a slight sheen that most mineral makeups give. I find the finish very natural and quite lovely :)
TEXTURE: Soft, seems finely milled.
SCENT: None
SPF: Yes, 20
LASTING POWER: This lasts all day on me. I have never had a problem with it breaking down, or getting excessively oily. It will fade slightly as the day goes on, but not to the point where it is completely gone.
SHADES: I usually get this in "Nude". They really need more shades in this foundation, the darkest shade is not NEARLY deep enough.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, has a very gently formula, as it claims.
PACKAGING: I dont like the packaging. I wish they would skip the bulky compact packaging and put more product in instead, because I find that I run out it in less than a month.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes, when I have better skin I dont need to use as much to get the coverage I want.
FINAL VERDICT: This is a really great DS mineral makeup. Try it out!

on 12/13/2012 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not a huge fan of this powder, it is too powdery, which obviously... it's a powder! But I have found powders, like the Milani Multitask powder (my current fav) which look much more natural. Especially considering how light the coverage is, this foundation looks WAY too fake. So yea... this just really wasn't a good powder for me :(

on 11/6/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Pros:
-Light-Medium coverage (I used a little concealer, and it looks great!
-VERY natural looking coverage
-It has an EXTREMELY slight, slight shimmer. I like this because it gives my skin a healthy glow :)
-I would say the finish is satin. Matte/dewy.
It has not ONCE broken me out :D
-Color match is almost spot on to my skin tone
-Lasts on my face for a good amount of time (I also use ELF mineral face primer underneath)
Cons:
-I hate the packaging, I wish they would just skip the sponge/mirror and put more product in instead. I rather spend more money on the actual product then fancy packaging
-Adding on to my previous con, it doesn't last me a very long time :( I want my foundation to last me atleast a month. This only lasts me 2-3 weeks.

on 5/30/2011 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this compact foundation. I've had this product for a while now just never did a review about it. It's very matte and as an acne victim I don't use it by itself and it's just not enough to be by itself. I would buy it again. I just haven't ran out because I don't use it much. My skin is always looking different every day. Sometimes my skin looks best with just a liquid foundation I set and sometimes it looks better with this matte powder foundation on. So it's not a daily product. However when I do use it I absolutely adore the way it goes on so smoothly all over my face balancing my liquid foundation out and overall giving me a flawless look. Keep this in stock Neutrogena!

on 4/15/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

light coverage, when used by itself. i think i'd rather use this over some liquid foundation as a setting powder. it doesn't last all day, by itself. neutrogena cosmetics never really help with my acne, it doesn't get worst or better. overall this foundation is okay, it's a bit overpriced for a drugstore powder foundation. but it IS by neutrogena, but it doesn't even help with acne.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this everyday to even out my skintone on top of MAC's Studio finish concealer. Works well and makes my skin look healthy and even toned! I apply using a kabuki & it works perf! I couldn't think of anything to deduct a lippie on. For drugstore it's on the expensive side-- around $14, but I'm willing to pay that much!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really really like. I'm still pretty young so I don't want to start wearing heavy liquid makeup. After returning L'Oreal's Bare Naturale, I was looking for a light powder foundation just to set my concealer. I decided on this, figuring if I didn't like it I could easily return it. First thing I liked, a really close color match. For reference, I'm an NC25-30 and I got it in 40 Nude. It had pretty light/natural looking coverage, which in my opinion is a good thing. I hate feeling like I'm wearing a mask, this feels like my skin. I have relatively clear skin, and have occasional break outs, i have a little redness/discoloration on my nose and chin, but nothing really else. This did a good job of evening my skin tone. I pray this doesn't break me out. Only cons are the package isn't that pretty and it can enhance your dry patches. Other than that, I would buy again.

on 11/3/2009 7:07:00 PM

UGH!! I am soooo disappointed in this product. I'm talking about the mineral sheers COMPACT, not the stuff with the brush. This was really disappointing beacause a.) I spent $11.99 on it. At Meijer (grocery store in my area)!!!!!! ICK! b.) I LOVED the stuff with the brush, I just didn't like the brush. That stuff was sheer, yes, and light, and had lovely little shimmers in it that made my skin GLOW. It matched so well, I was so impressed, I always felt so beautiful! So, I decided to get this one instead, because then I could use my own brush. But no! First of all, this was disgusting, not sheer! I was chalky and made me look pasty instead of glowing and smooth. It really brought out my dry spots, too. Other foundations, seemed to agree with my skin more, they would soak up oil in some spots and cloak my dry spots, but surely not this stuff. I guess it would be great if i was a REALLY oily person, but I'm not.

Also, it blended worth crap! Even with the brush on the other one I could suffice enough, but not this, it just got cakey. It was nasty. I will NEVER repurchase, and continue looking for a good foundation. This one surely is not it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 7/29/2009 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i've hit pan on this product. this is great for evening out skin tones and since its a powder it helps with oily skin. this also makes your skin look healthy and glowy. this great if youre doing your nakeup in a rush. however this doesnt cover up scars so you have to use a concealer.