Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

Active Ingredients:†Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:†Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

I've used Bare Minerals and thought I'd give this a try and I really do LOVE it. It makes my 40-something skin glow and it has yet to cause even the slightest breakout (yes, I still get the occasional zit). I love that I put it on in the AM after moisturizer and a little Yves St. Laurent Touche' Eclait under my eyes and around my nose and voila'...fabulous all day. If you need a lot of coverage this is probably not what you're looking for. But if you already have decent skin and just want to even out the tone and add a glow give this a try. Very convenient packaging is a bonus.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The design of this product is genius Ö if only it worked! What Iíve come to like about mineral make-up is the ability to control the amount of coverage you get. The way this product dispenses powder onto its built-in brush is fairly awkward so I donít feel I have that much control. After shaking the powder into the brush, Iíve tried tapping it on the base but that doesnít seem to help all that much. The bristles are on the stiff side so you canít really buff the powder on your face as easily as you can with, say, the Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush. Additionally, the coverage seems to be a bit heavy and chalky. I have a skin tone thatís hard to match and this color makes me look orange. And the finish tends to be way too powdery looking. Iíve been using a big powder brush after each application as thatís the only way I can tone down the mask-like look it gives me.

on 4/25/2006 6:27:00 PM

Why oh why did I purchase this? Never do impulsive makeup shopping! I was in CVS, and a had a coupon, so was tempted by this. The packaging is kind of nifty, but agree with other reviewers that the brush is cheap and does not work well. The powder - well my skin looked more awful after than before. Cakey, chaulky, and my pores on my nose actually looked bigger! I guess they're jumping on the "mineral foundation bandwagon." I usually like Neutrogena products, but this is a dud.

on 7/22/2006 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ugh. When will I learn? Check MUA BEFORE purchasing anything at the drugstore, even tried and true brands! The packaging looks so cute and useful, but in reality it's awful - there's no way to control how much product goes on the brush, and if you've used MMU's before, you know that's a huge key to success.

I was left feeling like it's not quite a powder, not a foundation... all in all, it's not much of anything except an immediate return to CVS.

on 8/4/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Shake, shake, shake -- nothing -- shake some more -- nothing. Shake VIGorously, and a massive pouf of silt comes out of the end of a very cheap, coarse brush, with more of the fine powder disappearing into the atmosphere than landing on your face. Very wasteful. Freakishly orange color, complicated packaging, uneven coverage -- blech! You're better off pillaging some of the fine natural clay that comes off your local desert floor (should you be fortunate enough to live in the southwest), than wasting your hard-earned money on yet another crappy product.

I had been searching for a small, compact refillable powder brush to carry in my purse for touch ups and shine control when I decided to give this a try. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I wear Merle Norman tinted moisturizer and this is perfect over it (just a little goes a long way). I am going pick up another one to keep in my make up bag as well as a refill for my purse. Since I travel a lot, the compact packaging makes it a perfect travel companion. I highly recommend this product as a light/sheer foundation and/or a finishing/shine control powder over a tinted moisterizer.

on 3/8/2007 10:36:00 AM

Love the packaging. So quick and easy to use, and nice and small/portable. I use the medium/tan as a bronzer because I don't like bronzers with glitter in them. This powder is great as a bronzer for untanned skin, but I think as the Spring progresses to summer, I'll have to find something darker. For right now, I really love the color. It has a nice almost tiny bit of yellow tint to it, instead of the typical pink tint some have. This container is refillable, so I'll definitely be keeping the container for re-use, even when the powder runs out. I use this primarily on the outermost edges/outline of my face, tip of my nose, and the very underside of my chin(neck) area, where the sun does't quite reach as well as it does the rest of my face. This is a great sheer powder and I love the dispenser brush. I only wish their actual bronzer didn't have the glimmer in it, or I'd buy it, also.

on 9/12/2007 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This was a waste of time. It looked pretty in the container but was too sheer for me. All the tapping on the brush to get the stuff out was annoying and the cap kept falling off. So in conclusion, the sucky container that housed a so-so product just wasn't for me.

on 1/13/2008 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product considering that it is oil free and very pure. My skin is oily and this basically lasts on my skin till I wash it off. The color selection is definitely great and more toward yellow than pink. It does not cause acne or feel itchy. Much better than BE. I am NC 30 and I use the natural beige shade no. 60. I use Tan shade no. 80 as a bronzer and the combination looks great and very natural on my skin-

I JUST BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT TODAY. I WANTED TO REPLACE MY MAC STUDIO FIX FOR SOMETHING CHEAPER AND THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT. I USE C4 IN MAC STUDIO FIX AND I BOUGHT THE NATURAL BEIGE AND IT IS A GREAT MATCH. I WILL DEFINITELY BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN THE COVERAGE WAS BUILDABLE AND IT FELT COMFORTABLE AND NOT HEAVY LIKE STUDIO FIX ALSO IT DID NOT BREAK ME OUT LIKE STUDIO FIX. I RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT. GREAT COVERAGE AND THE PRICE IS JUST RIGHT AND EASY TO BUY YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO A DEPARTMENT STORE AND BE HELPED BY SNOBBY SALES PEOPLE.