Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $7-$10 US Dollars, which is a good price for DS foundations.
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, I find it to be quite buildable.
FINISH: Semi-matte with a slight sheen that most mineral makeups give. I find the finish very natural and quite lovely :)
TEXTURE: Soft, seems finely milled.
SCENT: None
SPF: Yes, 20
LASTING POWER: This lasts all day on me. I have never had a problem with it breaking down, or getting excessively oily. It will fade slightly as the day goes on, but not to the point where it is completely gone.
SHADES: I usually get this in "Nude". They really need more shades in this foundation, the darkest shade is not NEARLY deep enough.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, has a very gently formula, as it claims.
PACKAGING: I dont like the packaging. I wish they would skip the bulky compact packaging and put more product in instead, because I find that I run out it in less than a month.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes, when I have better skin I dont need to use as much to get the coverage I want.
FINAL VERDICT: This is a really great DS mineral makeup. Try it out!

on 11/6/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Pros:
-Light-Medium coverage (I used a little concealer, and it looks great!
-VERY natural looking coverage
-It has an EXTREMELY slight, slight shimmer. I like this because it gives my skin a healthy glow :)
-I would say the finish is satin. Matte/dewy.
It has not ONCE broken me out :D
-Color match is almost spot on to my skin tone
-Lasts on my face for a good amount of time (I also use ELF mineral face primer underneath)
Cons:
-I hate the packaging, I wish they would just skip the sponge/mirror and put more product in instead. I rather spend more money on the actual product then fancy packaging
-Adding on to my previous con, it doesn't last me a very long time :( I want my foundation to last me atleast a month. This only lasts me 2-3 weeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm going through a mineral makeup phase at the moment and I've always been a sucker for Neutrogina's foundations, so I thought, why not give this a try?

I found the product was quite good, but really not brilliant. It isn't the best mineral foundation I've ever used by a long shot. I found it a tad cakey-it didn't sink in as well as most other powder foundations tend to do, and I thought that the particles of the powder weren't as tiny as some of the other powders I've tried, so it wasn't very natural looking and it didn't buff in as well as it could have with my kabuki.

Plus I have very fair skin (NW15) which is prone to redness, and the foundation didn't really help to conceal the redness, which was a pity. I would have had to have put on a lot of product to tone down the slight redness, which I wasn't prepared to do because it was just about bordering on being too dark for me (I bought Classic Ivory).

I must admit, the packaging is great though-there's a little sponge and a small mirror inside, which is handy.

Overall, it's an okay product-but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 5/12/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, i don't know what everybody else saw in this product. First of all, coverage: on the sheer side, but if applied with the sponge is medium. Lasting power: lasted about 5 hours but needed a few touch-ups. Overall appearence when wearing: natural beige was orange...applied it to my neck and it looked iffy. After 3 hours my skin looked oily...and it wasn't, this stuff just made it look very oily and weird. Price: $11! For a bad product....thankfully i can still return it! Quality: It didn't give me a rash, made my skin itch a little. Overall: Bad product, made my face look weird, and it was on the high side for a drugstore product.