Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this ! (This is coming from a "only high end makeup is good makeup" perspective) which is stupid because that's not always true. Anyways, I love this. I don't like wearing liquid foundation it feels too heavy and I don't need all the coverage. But this is amazing, it has a light barely-there feeling yet makes my skin look flawless. I actually stipple it on with the Urban Decay optical blurring brush and my skin ends up looking so smooth. I know this product has made a difference (I wear primers, concealer, and bronzer etc) because it wasn't until I started wearing it that I've been getting the most compliments ! Very affordable. The packaging is a bit too chunky to carry around, but I tuck it away in a vanity drawer. Its light feeling for the summer weather while still providing great coverage. Impressed! Will repurchase again and again.

on 1/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping to replace my previous powder foundation. And because I had read so many great review I gave it a shot! BAD.

Pros:
*Feels like nothing is there
*Does not have any bad smells....or bad smell at all

Cons:
*Does not last
*No anti oil properties
*TOO sheer
*BROKE ME OUT!
*Packaging sucks

Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily Skin and this works really great. I bought this because I find that Liquid foundation feels like I'm wearing a mask and my face ends up looking way too oily. Which I hate. But this product doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it also doesn't feel like your wearing a mask, So that's really nice. It also gives a light-medium coverage. Overall I really like this product and would definitely buy it again! :)

on 4/15/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

light coverage, when used by itself. i think i'd rather use this over some liquid foundation as a setting powder. it doesn't last all day, by itself. neutrogena cosmetics never really help with my acne, it doesn't get worst or better. overall this foundation is okay, it's a bit overpriced for a drugstore powder foundation. but it IS by neutrogena, but it doesn't even help with acne.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this product since I'm only 13 and I don't want something that makes me look like I actually am wearing foundation. This definitely gets the job done, but I don't know about the staying power... we're heading into fall and I'm wearing jackets all the time and sometimes during tests my head would be resting against my sleeve and when I look at it, I could see the foundation on the sleeve. That's basically the only con. But I'm probably only going to wear this in the winter because the shade is just a little too light for my skin tone and I don't think it'll stay on... Overall, I do recommend this product if you're looking to cover up redness or uneven skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm an NC42 in MAC studio fix powder and for Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder foundation I use the shade Honey Beige. First of all, this foundation has been very good to my skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I haven't had a bad reaction to it. It's light-medium coverage. I prefer natural coverage where it doesn't look like I have completely flawless skin so this is great for me. I just use this to even out my skin tone. If you are looking for full-coverage, I do not recommend this because you will most likely be disappointed. It is also mess-free since it's in a compact, which is a big plus and great for on the go/traveling. I also don't recommend it to people with dry skin because it can accentuate the dry-ness.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin oily. It caused breakouts and comes off easily and feels cakey.

on 8/13/2008 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I would not use this as an everyday foundation. The brush is not good and the coverage is light. But, It is great for quick touch ups. The product can get a little messy if left in a purse. The cap easily cracks and falls off.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall Rating: 4 (eh, I would give it a 3.7 or 3.8 if I could with the rating system)
Price: 4. at $13 for a drugstore brand, price is a bit expensive to me
Packaging Quality: 3 (Organized and works fine)
Would I buy this again? Yes

*NOTE* I have light Asian skintone that is extremely acne prone and oily. I used the color in Classic Ivory. I also used Milk of Magnesia as my primer to control oil and create a smoother canvas to put the powder on.

THE POWDER

1) I wouldn't call it super silky, but I wouldn't call it chalky either. I would say the smoothness is good enough where I don't consider it bad at all. On a scale 1 to 10 (10 being silky smooth), I'd rate this a 6.5 t 7.

2) As others have mentioned, this seems to be yellow-based powder--yay! But I must say, it isn't completely yellow based. I feel that it has some neutrals with it so neutrals and yellows can get away with this product on their skin without looking too off-colored.

3) I needed to use the MoM with this powder. I tried it on without the MoM, and my skin oiled up quicker. Not only that, but the powder didn't look as smooth. I mean, it still is smooth, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't like AS nice with the MoM on.

COVERAGE

1) Not full coverage, not too sheer (unless you apply it lightly). I felt that when I first apply it on over the MoM, it looks heavy, too matte, and too light for my skin. BUT after waiting for the powder to sorta "sink in", the color seems to match my face pretty nicely. It's still on the lighter side, but my face is naturally lighter than my body color, so technically I'm matching my face's actual color, but not my body color.

2) Doesn't necessarily hide my pores/blackheads on my nose, but it sorta "mutes" them. When taking photos, you usually can't see my pores that much because the powder seems to make it look smooth even though if you stood right in front of me, you could still see some pores. But, I find it okay that this powder stays on the light side since I'm not looking for full coverage ( I have other makeup for that). This is good for a "my skin, but much much better and less oily" daily face. Also, I have lots of acne scars (that aren't extremely dark, but dark enough where you notice I have scars) and this powder "mutes" them out, but doesn't completely cover them, which is okay to me. I'll just use some light concealer.

STAYING POWER

With using MoM, on a regular school day, I apply this on around 6:30am ish and get to school by almost 7:30am. By 10:20am, my skin looks slightly oily, but not enough where I need to use a blotting sheet. However, I usually don't apply the powder thickly either, so if I had put on the powder thicker, my face probably wouldn't oil up at its usual 10:20am mark. I apply it lightly to light-medium, to give you an idea of how much I put on my face. I honestly wish it had much more staying power than this, but I guess I can't wish too much since my skin is, afterall, really oily on its own. I'm lucky enough to hold it out for almost 4 hours since applying it at 6:30am ish.

PACKAGING

I like the packaging since it's sanitary, but I have to say, I don't like how you have to flip back and forth with getting the powder onto the makeup sponge (which is actually decent and very usable btw) and toggling back to the "sponge compartment" to use the mirror. I find that part inconvenient. But overall, the packaging is sturdy, clean-looking, and good.

Overall, I like this product, but I definitely would like it better if this product would be like $8-9 dollars instead of $13, because if you're buying this product alone, tax would make that $13 go to like $14 or 15, which is a lot for a drugstore. Plus since it has SPF 20, I find that such a HUGE plus! And it's pressed mineral powder, rather than having to deal with the messy loose mineral powder. This is much more convenient.

I'll continue to use this since it's definitely not a bad product. I'd say give it a try. If you don't like it, return it :). (btw Walgreens has a better return system than CVS IMO. I returned a product and they never questioned why or anything. They called the manager immediately and gave me my return on the spot. No hassle)

I have used this product for almost a month now, and I do not see any pimples forming due to this product. I don't feel any irritation either. I am simply getting pimples just because I'm a teenager with the hormone crazy thing going on which I have separate medication for.

If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to message me and ask :)

Ingredients (info courtesy of drugstore.com):
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.6%)

Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Magnesium Myristate, Methicone, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Alumina, Silk Powder, Water, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Nylon 12, Carmine