Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation. Not blotchy and very easy to apply. If I didn't know how good it is I and based on packaging I would never buy. Packaging looks cheesy and unprofessional. Price is less than ten dollars which is pretty hard to beat.

on 8/21/2012 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this product. When used in combination with liquid makeup (I use smashbox's hd currently) it really allows it to last all day. Helps cover up any blemishes, and looks great. I'm new to using a powder finish, but if it's not broke don't fix it. I'll be repurchasing!

on 4/19/2012 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for 3 years now. I use it as a finishing powder rather than a foundation powder, however, as I have found for light coverage - it works for this purpose too. I like this over my liquid foundation. Evens out my skin tone, covers blemishes and even conceals fine lines on my forehead (woo!). Big plus factor is that its SPF20 - I live in FL &I'm fair skinned, I can't get enough SPF. I get a ton of compliments on how perfect my skin looks or how nice my complexion is (which is funny considering I had cystic acne most of my life & have enlarged pores as a result).

Great foundation, gives me light coverage and a slightly matte finish. The sponge smells though?! Don't know why. I have been using that because I haven't had time to get a kabuki, which I'd like to try using it with. I love how you store the sponge under the product with a big mirror, will come in handy. A bit expensive for a drugstore powder in my opinion. But will repurchase!

on 6/2/2010 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I picked this up at Target the other day after throwing out all my old, used up foundations. This was pretty much the only powder foundation left in the store that I hadn't already tried, and I had a $3 off coupon so I figured I'd try it. Deciding which shade to buy was really difficult, but I ended up going with 04, which to my surprise, was a very close match. When I used it for the first time, I was a little annoyed by the compact. It's very similar to Physician's Formula compacts, where the top half opens to a powder pan, which also lifts up to reveal a mirror on the underside and a puff. Trying to do touch-ups with a mirror underneath the powder is not easy. The puff it came with is nice, but I found that the powder applied better with my EcoTools kabuki. This powder, for being called a "powder foundation", hardly offers any coverage. I don't really need much, all I'm trying to cover is a little red in my cheeks and some old acne scarring, but I had to cake this on to achieve any coverage at all. The staying power isn't good at all, by the end of my shift it had completely disappeared. I remember reading a review claiming that this was identical to Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder, and surprisingly, it is. Overall I wouldn't buy this again, and hopefully I can return this one.

on 1/4/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

perfect for my mu applications on younger or oilier skins.

I use this on top of their foundation which contains Salicylic acid and I get great results with the combination.

this goes on smoothly and does not look powdery at all.

this combination is the best for my oilier skin clients.

on 11/9/2009 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked this powder a lot. Easy to blend and buff in, natural coverage that didn't look cakey, easy to keep adding layers for more coverage. It broke me out all over though =( Once I discontinued use the bumps all went away.

on 8/18/2009 11:14:00 PM

I love this foundation
I chose to switch to powder so my pores won't get as clogged.
The coverage for me is pretty good. I use the lightest shade and its PERFECT.
And the sponge applicator it comes with is way good which is surprising
Definatly using again

I usually balk when if comes to powder foundation. I'm more used to using liquid with my beloved foundation brushes, but I was convinced by a friend to try this and lo and behold it's fast in becoming a quick favorite. It's a very sheer foundation (I like!) so it's not ideal if you're looking for a good coverage, but I find that it's effective at evening out blotches and redness on my skin. It's not so good at hiding pimply bumps but it doesn't cake around them either which is good because cakiness makes them even more noticeable. The powder lasts quite awhile on the face without much necessary touchups and I don't have any problems with it throughout the day. My only thing is that the color I purchased is a tad light for me so I can look like a ghost if I don't mist it with moisurizer afterwards.

**NOTE** I wore this foundation to work as an experiment. My work environment is kind of dry and this foundation irritated my skin a little bit. Not something I would wear in the winter, or near a really hot oven. Also not something I would advise a dry skinned person to buy. But for now I'm quite satisfied with the price. I'll likely buy it again, but I want to experiment with other foundations as well.

on 2/11/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do not have bad acne or scars but my skin is a bit uneven. I use this alone and it does the job great. Looks very natural because it matched my skin color perfectly (olive). The only I suggest is exfoliate once in a while because I applied this on my face when my skin was horrible and you could see the lines.