Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

I am very happy with this product! After a bad experience with BE's Ready Foundation, I was on a quest to find a powder foundation that looks natural, is easy to apply, and can be tucked into my purse or back pack for quick touch ups. I picked up Fair Ivory and found it to be a good match. The compact comes with a little sponge applicator, but I prefer to apply with a makeup brush. You can build coverage very easily without it looking like a mask. Just make sure you apply in small amounts until you achieve the coverage you need. I have dry skin, especially now that it's winter, but if I use BB cream or moisturizer and/or primer before application, it does not accentuate my wrinkles. I avoid the eye area and use a liquid foundation or concealer around my eyes. This product is great at covering up the redness and sun spots on my face and looks very natural, I love it.

on 4/27/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a really nice powder foundation for normal-to-dry skin. It doesn't settle, which is good, and has an SPF of 20, which is even better. (Though you shouldn't rely on powder alone for sun protection if you're going to be out for an extended time.) The color selection is poor, though: nothing for very light or very dark skin. I have shade #20 (Natural Ivory), and it's a pretty close match to MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW20.

on 4/6/2012 8:23:00 PM

In general I prefer coverage that is more glowing and not as matte. This one is matte but it covers rather well-light to medium. What I didn't like is they had no color option for anyone with pale skin. All shades they had were glaringly yellow. It really irritates me when makeup artists and manufacturers assume that all women have yellow tones in their skin. I have pale porcelain skin and anything with yellow tones makes me look jaundiced. I wouldn't buy this again unless they include some lighter skin shades since quality was ok for drugstore foundation

on 2/1/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this powder foundation. I ran out of the Healthy Skin liquid foundation, and Ulta was out of my color, so I took a chance on this because of the reviews. Even though I'm dry, this does not dry me out or look unnatural, as long as I use a brush for a sheer application. The sponge applicator packs on a lot more foundation; if you're dry it will look cakey and mask-like, so using the sponge is probably better for someone with normal to oily skin. All in all, I like it because it provides a sheer coverage that evens out my skin.

on 4/5/2008 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like Neutrogena products as they are good for my skin and since this one had SPF 20 plus pure minerals I decided to try it.
I love the ease of applying and the velvety soft finish it gives my skin. It is a bit matte for me and I wish it gave me more of a glow. It doesn't perfectly match my skin tone but few powders do. LOL
It gives even coverage and last all day and I love the way my skin feels.
I would buy this again on sale.