Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.1

on 2/23/2014 8:08:00 PM

Love this stuff. It's definitely a staple. It evens my skin time and stays matte for hours. Definitely a great alternative to liquid and healthier too.

I am very happy with this product! After a bad experience with BE's Ready Foundation, I was on a quest to find a powder foundation that looks natural, is easy to apply, and can be tucked into my purse or back pack for quick touch ups. I picked up Fair Ivory and found it to be a good match. The compact comes with a little sponge applicator, but I prefer to apply with a makeup brush. You can build coverage very easily without it looking like a mask. Just make sure you apply in small amounts until you achieve the coverage you need. I have dry skin, especially now that it's winter, but if I use BB cream or moisturizer and/or primer before application, it does not accentuate my wrinkles. I avoid the eye area and use a liquid foundation or concealer around my eyes. This product is great at covering up the redness and sun spots on my face and looks very natural, I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Neutrogena powders! I stay away from anything that is not just a basic powder, i.e. spf, skin clearing treatments, age defying ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and I really cannot use a lot of the products out there however, I can always count on Neutrogena. I was looking for my usual Healthy Skin pressed powder which is another review but I decided to try the Mineral Pressed Powder. This one without spf is really hard to find which sucks because this is the one the I love. I use Classic Ivory 10, it's the lightest shade and it's a nice slightly neutral/warm shade. I have really cool, fair skin and it works well with my complexion. It covers the redness and any blemishes that I have and does not flake or make my dry skin look papery. After applying it, I usually gently pat the product down so that it looks a little more natural on my skin. I've used this one for about 3 months and I would definitely repurchase.

on 4/27/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a really nice powder foundation for normal-to-dry skin. It doesn't settle, which is good, and has an SPF of 20, which is even better. (Though you shouldn't rely on powder alone for sun protection if you're going to be out for an extended time.) The color selection is poor, though: nothing for very light or very dark skin. I have shade #20 (Natural Ivory), and it's a pretty close match to MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW20.

on 4/12/2013 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I apply this every morning to my T-zone over bare skin or liquid foundation/bb cream. Can't speak to it as a foundation, but as a setting/finishing powder it works great. It is invisible on the skin and does away with shine.

One lippie off because the compact broke.

on 2/26/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation and I can say that it's my go-to if all else fails. The powder is nice and smooth. It gives light to medium coverage so it's buildable. It covers redness and uneven skin tone pretty well. I love how it lasts all day on me; by evening you may need to touch up but it isn't a big deal. I have dry skin but if you moisturize well, you will be fine. However, packing on the foundation it's expected it will look a bit dull and cakey so I use mac fix plus which makes a beautiful dewy complexion. With fix plus, my foundation lasts from day to night.

on 12/13/2012 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not a huge fan of this powder, it is too powdery, which obviously... it's a powder! But I have found powders, like the Milani Multitask powder (my current fav) which look much more natural. Especially considering how light the coverage is, this foundation looks WAY too fake. So yea... this just really wasn't a good powder for me :(

on 4/6/2012 8:23:00 PM

In general I prefer coverage that is more glowing and not as matte. This one is matte but it covers rather well-light to medium. What I didn't like is they had no color option for anyone with pale skin. All shades they had were glaringly yellow. It really irritates me when makeup artists and manufacturers assume that all women have yellow tones in their skin. I have pale porcelain skin and anything with yellow tones makes me look jaundiced. I wouldn't buy this again unless they include some lighter skin shades since quality was ok for drugstore foundation

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've always been a big fan of Neutrogena products. Even though I think it's pretty pricey for a DS brand, as long as it works, who cares. I got this because it was on sale and I planned on using it for more of a setting powder than an actual foundation because I prefer medium to heavy coverage. I tried this with both Maybelline Superstay liquid foundation & Neutrogena healthy skin (not the old kind) liquid foundation. It works pretty well with both of them, it's nice as a setting powder because it doesn't give too much coverage, but it gives you enough to give you the poreless/airbrushed look. I would buy it again, I still use it from time to time. It did have more of a tendency to oxidize on me with the Neutrogena liquid foundation, but with Maybelline it was perfect and it doesn't transfer much.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this! I bought the Clinique version of this and recently went back to the neutrogena powder foundation. The Neutrogena one is just better. It mimics my natural skin, makes it luminous and just perfects it effortlessly. And, it's way cheaper than Clinique! LOVE IT!
I am loyal to the Neutrogena mineral pressed powder foundation now after straying temporarily. :)